R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-05-2001, 10:52 PM   #91
Tech Initiate

Ty - I assume they are not matched just loose cells that you need to get matched somewhere for serious race packs?
1stmil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2001, 08:33 AM   #92
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Matched, unmatched, blah..blah...blah. I use both in the A-mains and in qualifying and don't really notice a difference. I don't know if I would buy 24 packs at once, but it certainly wouldn't bother me if they were unmatched.

Does KO make a rechargable pack for the Mars? Does it even have a recharging jack on the radio? I use Futaba's rechargable pack in my 3PDF and never really have any problems with it. Even if I forget to charge it up, I just plug the radio in at the track and unplug it when its time to go race.
Old 09-06-2001, 10:24 AM   #93
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Smile

As a matter of fact I just switched from rechargeable alkalines to regular ones two weeks ago because the rechargeables weren't holding a charge any more. The radio was pretty much at 10v or above the whole time.
And yes Darkside, the KO has a charging jack as well though i haven't used it much.

Hey 1stmil, did you get your car to run to your liking down the straight? Let me test drive your car someday and maybe I can give your car a shakedown.
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2001, 03:39 PM   #94
Regional Moderator

You'll definitly have to let us know how the glitching goes after you try the XXL mounted in the normal place. You might be stuck having to run with the reciever and antenna mounted up front.
Old 09-06-2001, 08:31 PM   #95
Tech Initiate

MikeR - You running in San Maros on Sunday? I won't be racing but I would make a trip over there if you are going to be there. The XRay still seems to make all urns WAY to fast for me. I would like to run the T1 at the Fall Classic but will have to run the Shuey if I don't figure it out soon. (I am sure 98% of the problem is my crappy driving abilities!)

Will Serpent shocks fit on the Corally AGLE? I can get it sold if I include the externally adjustable shocks with it.

Anyone need an AGLE for $150.00 + shipping?
1stmil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2001, 08:38 PM   #96
Regional Moderator

The AGLE comes with the same Serpent shocks as the 4.1 and Xray. So I would have to say, yes they fit.
Old 09-07-2001, 10:39 AM   #97
Tech Champion

Yep, i'll be there, even though it feels like practice day at that track more than raceday
That is the real test for my glitching problems so we'll see.
Old 09-07-2001, 11:02 AM   #98
Regional Moderator

MikeR: When will the shop have the XXL reciever in for you?
Old 09-07-2001, 12:21 PM   #99
Tech Champion

Supposed to be today but they haven't called me yet so we'll see...
Old 09-07-2001, 04:05 PM   #100
Tech Champion

Just noticed Simo's winning setup for the Finnish Champs race. Ready to download at corallyusa . Looks like he's making good use of the new top plate....
Old 09-07-2001, 04:25 PM   #101
Regional Moderator

Yeah, I ran across the win in the news section of CorallyUSA. Its good to see Corally winning where they actually have a chance. They simply can't put together a team to compete here in the U.S.

The short track set up with the solid upper deck is working so well for me that I'm going to stick with it.

I'm thinking that over the offseason I will pick up a extra upper deck and try the split deck next year. But, with only about three weeks of scheduled racing left around here at our two local tracks, I don't want to mess with whats working.
Old 09-07-2001, 05:39 PM   #102
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I'm having a problem with the setup sheets at the Corally websites.

Specifically, there seem to be some insane numbers on some of the sheets for droop values. Maybe they're measuring differently than I am, but I don't know how they're geting 10 and 12mm on a droop gauge... Other setups showing 0 and even negative numbers... I'm sorry, but there just isn't that much adjustment range.

I called the CorallyUSA guys to try to clarify the situation, but they couldn't come up with an answer either...

Trips
Old 09-07-2001, 05:45 PM   #103

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Cmotif
Default Thanks 1stmil and Darkside

I was just going to ask the same question and hoping to get that answer.

1stmil, please keep in touch. Still interested! Hope you you find out that those are externally adjustable shocks.

Curious, where is the best place and best price that you have seen on new externally adjustable shocks?

Cmotif <><
International Racing Team Member #18
IRT Established: 1999

Everything About You -- Sanctus Real

www.dontblamejesus.com
Cmotif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2001, 05:54 PM   #104
Tech Champion

Maybe they are measuring with the wheels off and car sitting flat on a board the distance from the board up to the axles.... that's the only thing i can think of even though the measurement would seem low compared to what I run....
Old 09-07-2001, 09:42 PM   #105
Regional Moderator

I have to admit, I really don't delve that deep into the setup sheets. I primarily look at where the shocks and the rear camber link are located. How much camber front and rear. How much toe-in or toe-out up front, or toe-in in the rearend. What shock springs and oil they run. How many holes open in the pistons and that kind of stuff. When you start talking about how much droop and what ride height, thats when I draw the line. Ride height differs depending on the track you run and how tall your tires are and all that, so it really does no good to read that from a setup sheet unless your on the same track with the same tires and inserts. I never have put much thought into droop. I make sure the front shocks are the same length each side, and make sure the rear shocks are the same length each side and I pretty much leave it alone after that. Its not very "factory" or "team" style, but then again, I'm not a factory or team driver!

Last edited by Darkseid; 09-07-2001 at 09:45 PM.
Darkseid is offline   Reply With Quote