Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Corally Owners Club v1.* >

Corally Owners Club v1.*

Corally Owners Club v1.*

Old 10-23-2002, 04:58 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

BLACK KNIGHT. It's RCzone.net.

Get onto their news page. The 3rd or 4th article down is about the new Corally.

Read the comments.

I suspect it's Mario Hudy that's writing. He usually gets upset when we say the X Ray is an X ray copy of the C4. It's his style of English.

On a different tack, it's interesting to see that the C4 is so successful in Australia.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 10-23-2002, 06:03 AM
Tech Champion

french to english translation from http://www.overrc.com 's comments about the car from the Grand Prix EFRA....

translation makes it a little confusing but they mention that the car could be observed without problem but no pics allowed. This means the Corally USA guys should tell us more!!!!!

Replacing of C4.1 was present at this Great Price EFRA 2002. Unfortunately, the photographs were not authorized, but one could observe them without problem. The commercial exit, announced for December 2002, is pushed back at March 2003 because of problems of subcontracting. Almost all is new and it would not have any common part with its ancestor, C4.1. Filiation with Serpent disparaitrait (shock absorbers, triangles...). The suspension uses arms identical to before and with the back. The triangles are anchored inside the cells and offer two kneecaps side wheels. There is no higher triangle, but a rod. Their drawing is finer and in conformity with the guns of the current electric frames. The nose gear is a mixture of C-Hubs traditional and kneecaps, which would offer particular kinematics. Two types of frame (with for common point the electronics and the engine on the left side and accumulators on the right side, like the TEAM Associated and Yokomo) were visible. A seven first slots of element on line, and a second with twice three slots of element shifted différement compared to the axis of the frame with a broader slot in the medium (always with all the elements on the same side). In both cases, the accumulators are parallel to the frame. The famous vats of Corally accumulators are always used, but strongly recut. One could notice that the originators already thought of the look, because the name Corally is cut out in the carbon fibre frame. A symmetrical turntable higher rigidifies the whole. Two types of transmission were seen, with in common point of the crowns of differential of a very large diameter, differentials placed rather high compared to the frames and an engine placed very close to the rear wheel-axle unit (and of the aft wheel right) and very low. A first version resembles that of Schumacher Mission (or, if one goes up further in the past, with the ABC Hobby Carrera IV), i.e. a large belt connecting the two differentials and smaller of the crown towards the back differential. The second version, apparement new, presents an enormous crown engine directly on the differential back and a large belt connecting the two differentials before and back. This last version would offer best motricity. The anchoring of the anti-roll bars is symmetrical between before and the back and seems to take as a starting point the Tamiya 414M2 World Replica. An anchoring for the chip is envisaged on the support of shock absorbers fronts. The shock absorbers are those seen on Corally C4.1 de Simo Ahoniemi at the time of Euro 2002. With final, frames elegant, neat, light (70g of ballasts approximately) and without any doubt extremely powerful, but which still require the validation of certain technical points (engine very close to the aft wheel right, Cardan joints not working on line, complexity of the nose gear...). Remain an interrogation on the conformity of the second mode of transmission (crown engine directly on the differential back and a large belt connecting the two differentials before and back) to the various international payments. Undoubtedly, as predicted in the article on Euro 2002 (where some indiscretions had filtered), that the two modes of transmission will be with the choice during the assembly.

thanks to johnbull for pointing out the story on rczone.net which leads to the above story on http://www.overrc.com

Last edited by black-knight; 10-23-2002 at 06:06 AM.
Old 10-23-2002, 07:35 AM
Tech Adept

I the offence is on the way .... to RcZone....

Old 10-23-2002, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

Hi Black Knight.

I read that one some days ago on overrc, complete with wonderful translation.

It was a great effort, and I loved the English.

Certainly sounds an interesting car. I hope they persevere with the direct drive one. It's got to be the most efficient yet!

JEFF. Now come on Jeff, tell us some more.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 10-23-2002, 08:06 AM
Tech Adept

Antisipation...........

I am one of the few to have sceen the car....and Jeff is another.

Old 10-23-2002, 06:37 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by johnbull
Hi Black Knight.

Certainly sounds an interesting car. I hope they persevere with the direct drive one. It's got to be the most efficient yet!

i like the idea that the two modes of transmission will be available during the assembly.
Old 10-23-2002, 07:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Corally Report........

To answer some of the questions that are posted above I will give the following information. The new car did very well at the race in France a few weeks ago. Some new changes were made to the car since the last time that I had seen it. Corally is still not completley satisfied with the car. As with all on track testing you will find things that "could" make the car better. To clear up and inform you on what they are working on in is down to getting a weight balance on the car that will make the car work even better than before. Another point of testing intrest is the front end of the car. A few diffrent styles, parts and blended plastics are being tested. What you may see at a track near you may not be what the final kit includes. This is the point in testing that you try diffrent things to comfirm that the best possible system is being used. Any design change could be a short or long process. Machine work as far as carbon fibre and metals can be short. If plastics need to be molded the process can be extended. (Molds are expencive and take time) Release time for the kit is as far as it is near. We will not know until the final combo is decided.

I believe that through this fourm many are learning about the design and testing process that Corally puts their cars under. This is why they have provided you the finest crafted race car on the market for many years. It is fun to share with you what is being done and seeing your comments on the car. All information and views have been great to see and hear. Your feedback turns into great things that Corally can work with. Your guesses at what the new car MAY have could lead to new technology that can be used in the present or future. Please have your friends stop by this site to learn first hand what Corally is all about. We are all here to help make this hobby fun and intresting while running on the edge of technology.

Constant and all of us associated with Corally take pride in the following statement that is on the back of every catalog and box that is currently produced........

TEAM CORALLY PRODUCTS, WHY COMPROMISE?
At corally we use high-tech, and quality engineering to provide you, the racers, with superior racing equipment. State of the art production methods and extensive R&D ensure the every Corally product sets the pace of development in the R/C competition world. (Here is the best part) We are not followers of fashion but leaders in innovation and development.

If you take this statement to heart you will understand why there is a delay. Keep the great comments flowing and have all of your R/C friends stop by this fourm to learn what Corally is all about!!!!

Jeff Antle
Team Corally U.S.A
Old 10-24-2002, 03:10 AM
Tech Master

Nice one Jeff.
Old 10-25-2002, 03:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Jantle: i have been closely watching this thread and any news that sprouts out regarding the new Corally tourer. Needless to say, this is one car that i am truly anxious to get my hands on once it is released. i only pray that it will actually reach our shores here in Manila... currently no corally dealers here. hope one of you guys can help me out in aquiring one once its out. more power to you guys at corally!
Old 10-25-2002, 08:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default US Indoor Champs!!!

Jeff Antle,

I would like to let you and other Corally owners know that before the Champs in Cleveland, NORCAR's track will be open from Saturday, Nov. 23 to Tuesday the 26th for racing and practice. Our track is an 80 x 36 Ozite roudcourse with a very Champs like layout and ROAR TC width lanes. Many of the big teams are alredy scheduled to test and race there from Sat. till Tuesday. It will be a great warm-up!!! Hope to see you guys there.

For more detailed info on reserving pit space and practice fees, please e-mail me personally!! Website

Thanks,
Ray Huang
[email protected]
Old 10-25-2002, 10:38 AM
Tech Regular

Ray,

We will be there!!!!! Toledo was a little bit of a drive last year. Glad you guys have a track near by. Thanks for the invitation.

Jeff Antle
Team Corally U.S.A
Old 10-25-2002, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Jeffro, Are you signed up for Cleveland this year? What classes are you running?

I am doing stock and mod sedan.

L8R,
Rob Love
Old 10-25-2002, 08:31 PM
Tech Regular

Rob,

Yeah I have worked out a way to be able to Race this year. It is an incredible story. I will have to tell it to you some time. You will get a kick out of it. There is nothing like 10 drivers on a track with 6 ft lanes!!! Should be fun!!!!!

Jeff Antle
Team Corally U.S.A.
Old 10-29-2002, 10:55 AM
Tech Adept

Here's a little info. The drive train is smooth as glass.. roles forever...and the car I saw in race form was under weight by over 4 ounces, judging by the extra weight added to the center line of the chassis.

PS there is a complete manual coming for the car too.

Old 11-03-2002, 05:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Post Corally vs Others

Hi,

After an absence af a few years I'm thinking of entering rc again. Currently looking at Corally, HPI & Tamiya. I've got a few questions, hope you have time to answer them.

1. Is the chassis competitive out of the box? On my previous tamiya f103 I spent a lot of money after purchasing the initial kit.

2. Corally is really more RC whereas Tamiya is more a Toy vender ;-) Sorry, couldn't resist. What I mean is regards to service. How are the parts availlability of Corally? No problems getting tires and spare parts? With my Tamiya kits I now have the problem that I can't even find wheels anymore for them.

3. Does Corally keep their chassis simple? If I compare the F1 from Corally to the new F201 from Tamiya, I think there is a lot less items to worry about breaking or setting up?

4. Are the chassis strong?

Any other positive feedback regarding corally? Why should I buy a Corally over an HPI or Tamiya?

Thanks,
Stekke.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.