R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-17-2002, 10:51 AM   #991
Tech Adept

Hii. Do you have a pic of the ABC CAR?
ECHOLogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 11:26 AM   #992
Tech Adept

I saw a few pics of the ABC car and the Schumacher Mission is a similar design as far as the drive train concept.
Old 10-17-2002, 11:47 AM   #993
Tech Adept

Hows your TC3 Rangulo..... How's the Warp Testing going??? Is it ready for the foam tires test next month? Not sure where your getting your infomation, but all reports are POSITIVE on the new Corally... Project Name Conspirator.
Old 10-17-2002, 12:08 PM   #994
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

The ABC car is basically a toy - all plastic - not intended for competition. It's layout is like the Mission - two belts - one driving layshaft to rear diff, the other rear diff to front diff.

Corally took two cars to France, both with a different drive train. One of these was a twin belt affair - ala Mission, the idea of this probably being to test suspension parts and other new parts.

The other is a very original idea, and that's the one they are more interested in. This one has a very large spur gear on the rear diff, so that the motor drives the rear diff direct, as in pan cars. You can't get more direct and efficient than that.

I wonder if Yokomo are working along the same lines.

Apparently there is very little from the C4.1 that is being used. It is a totally new and revolutionary concept, typical of Corally. I just wonder how long it is going to take someone to make an X Ray copy of it.

Despite the fact that it looks like a winner already, I understand they have delayed the official launch till March 2003.

Still waiting to see pictures.

regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 01:18 AM   #995
Tech Master

Ranhulo.

Terribly sorry I upset you. Apologies.

Corally have had some hard lessons to learn. They have had people screw them time and time again. I don't wish to elaborate, if you don't mind, but I do feel for them.

Incidentally, I don't run a Corally car myself. I run an MR4, and my son runs a TC3, though we do both happen to use Corally motors and cells, simply because we find they do the job excellently.

Recent RC history shows that Corally have always been very innovative, and have always been copied. There's nothing new there - just plain facts.

I just don't wish them the same again. That's all.

Apologies again if I have upset you by stating facts.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 10-22-2002, 09:23 AM   #996
Tech Regular

On the C4.1, what have you guys used to replace the body mounting posts? These screw down posts are terrible.
HauntedMyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 03:36 PM   #997
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Ofna universal body post kit- good stuff, rock solid and better looking

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 07:43 PM   #998
Tech Adept

Default There Back!!!!!!!!!!!

I have sceen the car Project name Conspirator........... Corally USA just got back from there trip / testing session. They brought one of the cars with them to do some testing here in the states as well. I have to say that the new car is an outstanding design and the car is complete down to the super free drive line.... There are still a few things that need to be tweeked on the car as far as final design issues, but from looking at the car you would never know that it was a prototype, thats shows how much thought has gone into the car. They want to do it right the first time out. Everything I saw on the car was new from the ground up except a few screws. Imagine the POWER of a belt from diff to diff with no pullies inbetween to add friction....use a 10t motor and it feels like a 8t............Sorry no pictures allowed......

Last edited by ECHOLogic; 10-22-2002 at 07:47 PM.
Old 10-22-2002, 08:38 PM   #999
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default Re: There Back!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by ECHOLogic
I have sceen the car Project name Conspirator........... Corally USA just got back from there trip / testing session. They brought one of the cars with them to do some testing here in the states as well. I have to say that the new car is an outstanding design and the car is complete down to the super free drive line.... There are still a few things that need to be tweeked on the car as far as final design issues, but from looking at the car you would never know that it was a prototype, thats shows how much thought has gone into the car. They want to do it right the first time out. Everything I saw on the car was new from the ground up except a few screws. Imagine the POWER of a belt from diff to diff with no pullies inbetween to add friction....use a 10t motor and it feels like a 8t............Sorry no pictures allowed......

whats the cell configuration? saddle like c4.1 or original c4?

does it use wheels screws or traditional wheel nuts?
Old 10-22-2002, 09:31 PM   #1000
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to JANTLE

ECHOLogic..... You missed the only carry over part. The ant. mast holder. We cant lead these guys on that it is 100% new when it is 99.9999%

Black Knight...... I will answer your question as a riddle. See if you can get the answer to your question. All are welcome to play.

"The answer to your two questions fall from trees"

I would like to take this time to explain that all of what we are saying about this new car IS NOT HYPE!!!! We all feel very strongly that this car will be a force to be beaten. I know that many of you are wanting information and we will give it to you as soon as it is time. Many companies show their prototypes early only to have the design second guessed and false impressions made of what the final production model will be like. As ECHOLogic stated this car looks far from a prototype. It is. It is close to production ready. There are only a few more details to be worked out. By having a long testing session we are making sure that YOU the racer get a top quality product the first time. I can not count the number of companies that go ahead and release a product only to have to release a fix a short time later. Associated, Losi, Hudy, Schumacher and others have all done this. It only makes you spend more money later design flaws. This car will be released in as perfect race condition as we can. Your waiting will be rewarded by having the chace to own the finest touring car ever made.

Jeff Antle
Team Corally U.S.A
JANTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 10:08 PM   #1001
Tech Addict

Guess that's 'sticks' & 'nuts', would have preferred the saddle option, I still think you can get a better balanced car with saddles but I'm not the one designing the cars. For that you should all count yourselves lucky!

Any chance of 'riddle' answers to the following?

So, how close is nearly ready? I'm intrigued.

Carbon fibre, or moulded tub?

Still the adjustable shocks?

C hubs or pivot blocks?

any idea of retail price?

Last edited by JohnA; 10-22-2002 at 10:28 PM.
JohnA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 10:58 PM   #1002
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to JANTLE

That is enough info for now. You are starting to ask some questions that may tip our hand!! The rest will have to be up for debate for a while.

Sorry

Jeff Antle
Team Corally U.S.A
JANTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 11:28 PM   #1003
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by JANTLE
That is enough info for now. You are starting to ask some questions that may tip our hand!! The rest will have to be up for debate for a while.

Sorry

Jeff Antle
Team Corally U.S.A
So the other big issue is release date, will it be around about March 2003??

In two weeks the 2002 Australian On Road Nationals are to held, and a strong Corally team will be present running C4.1's. Normally i would be part of this group as i drive for Hobby Express the Corally importer in Aus. Due to issues between the c4.1 and myself, i've had to make a small change, i'll run a Tamiya 414WCR, this will most likley be my ride until the new Corally arrives...so i hope it's not too far away.

The other Corally drivers in Aus are very good and there's a good chance Corally can win the Nats , the other main contenders will be XRAY, Losi and Associated. The past 2 Australian Nationals were won by drivers with Corally C4.x's.
Old 10-23-2002, 01:24 AM   #1004
Tech Master

The plot thickens!

Jeff I like your bit about both falling from trees. I nearly fell over laughing.

I keep trying to extract info from Constant but he is being very tight lipped.

I have no doubt that in past Corally tradition the car will be an excellent exercise in engineering.

I now understand that we should have it in our shops by March 2003.

I can't wait.

For those of you who are interested, there is quite a discussion going on in RCzone, following their announcement of the new car. You may wish to join me in Corally's defence. I certainly need support!

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 10-23-2002, 02:49 AM   #1005
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by johnbull

For those of you who are interested, there is quite a discussion going on in RCzone, following their announcement of the new car. You may wish to join me in Corally's defence. I certainly need support!

rczone.net or radiocontrolzone.com???