R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-13-2002, 03:22 AM   #961
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

I have to say I can understand Corally being extra careful with this car. They have had two very hard lessons in the past.

Whilst, as the saying goes, IMITATION IS THE GREATEST FORM OF FLATTERY, copying blatantly like Hudy made an X Ray copy of the Corally is just a bit too much.

There is no doubt, looking at international results, that the copy is no better than the original, despite the hype. What has made the X Ray such a seller is the hype, and I take my cap off to them for performing the best marketing exercise I have seen in 10 years in this hobby.

Basically Corally and Hudy are total opposites. Whilst Corally are reserved and just get on with the job without any horn blowing, Hudy are totally extrovert and have managed to bluff their way through. Well done to them, but I don't like copy cats. Actually it's not just the car they copied, but they even managed to persuade one of Corally's and Europe's best drivers to join them. I am referring to Jilles Groskamp, who is the only successful X ray driver in Europe.

As the Corally importer in Malta I have tried finding out as much as possible about the new car from Constant, on a number of occasions, but he is not letting anything. However as so many have said I have no doubt that the new car will be as innovative and successful as their World and European Championship winning predecessors.

And this is no sour grapes, by the way. I was offered the possibility of importing X Ray cars to Malta, even before the first one hit the track, but I refused on principle, because I dislike copy cats. It's called having principles.

Don't forget that David Spashett won a World Championship driving a Corally, and Andy Griffiths won the European Touring Car championship with the C4..........first time out!

I'm sure it will be worth waiting for.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 09:02 AM   #962
Tech Master

Default Corally SP12G2

Hi all!
Is there a view of the corally sp12G3 which shows the part number of each part? I have the manuals but I can't figure out what parts to purchase e.g. one of my sp12gs as the rubber "cap" on the damper has worn out and need replacement.

Hey Cookie! I'm invading the Corally thread

Funny thing about the Xray Evo 2 owners, nearly all of them who own the evo 2 with the so called "alum hubs" keep telling me "Oh yes this is the car with the alum hubs". Does the alum hubs make the car corner faster?

Oh well. Thanks in advance dudes.

Regards,
Alvin
Alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 02:52 PM   #963
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

damo: We're not really still on it. If you read everything here, you would know we're talking about it in reference to why Corally is not showing their new car yet. Please read stuff before you comment.

I too have held the cars side by side, and if you actually believe that the only similar items is the one-way pulley system, your kidding yourself and you know it.

Its all over and done with now, and Corally has learned its lessons about trusting other companies.

Believe me, most people had "let it go", but we're all getting reminded of it everytime a hobbyshow passes and Corally is still too concerned to show their new car because of what Hudy/Xray pulled.

I really don't have a beef with Xray, I have a beef with publications like RCCA who are happy to say that the STR-4Pro is a copy of the TC3, but wont say anything about a car like the Xray T1.

By the way, if you recall, the first three times RCCA showed a pic of the T1, they called it "the new car from Corally" Now if the cars look enough alike to fool these self proclaimed "experts", then its close enough to be called a copy. Don't you think!

Last edited by Darkseid; 09-14-2002 at 02:58 PM.
Darkseid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 06:04 AM   #964
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Here's a picture of my Corally F1 with a F2001 Front wing and body...almost ready for action at this years Australian On-Road Nationals.

Old 09-16-2002, 03:58 AM   #965
Tech Regular

Mr Alvin,

Great to see you here, thanks for dropping in!

How have you been since the Jakarta Reedy Race?

Cookie
Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 11:16 PM   #966
Tech Master

Hey man,
How're things down under? I was told you guys might be coming over to singapore for the indoor carpet race on the 3rd of november? Well you guys have fun - I have to attend a company function so I can't join. Darn. I guess 2003 in thailand then.

Anyway, any news about the new corally car? I been driving tamiya tourers so far, and I want to try something fresh. Can't wait for it! I am very impressed with the C4s and Sp12 g3, 12m etc.

OTOH, anyone with a Corally C10X to let?

Regards,
Alvin
Old 09-24-2002, 03:19 AM   #967
Tech Regular

Hey Alvin,

I doubt if anyone is coming from Oz as our Nationals are on that weekend!!! Maybe another time. Thailand

New car is being talked up a lot. Currently they are saying end of the year, I would guess Jan..... better be worth the wait and lack of information.

I am pretty confident that it will be another awesome car!
Old 09-24-2002, 04:04 AM   #968
Tech Master

Andy,
Thailand it is

End of this year eh? Well that's not *too* far and yet far enough to be annoying ;-) The new corally is tops on my to-buy list followed by Ova's T4.

I'll see if I can improve further by the thailand race. See you then!

~Alvin
Old 09-24-2002, 07:39 PM   #969
Tech Regular

Woohoo!

I am getting so excited already!!

Old 09-27-2002, 04:08 PM   #970
Tech Adept

Default It's worth the wait..........

Final testing as I type is going on, down to the details. It must be 100% to release, Car, Manual, Packaging........

Keep your Eyes Wide Open...
ECHOLogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 05:08 PM   #971
Tech Master

Default Am I crazy?

Hey guys
Can anybody give me an estimate of what a fair price for the following is? (Aussies please!)

Corally c4 (exc condition only ever carpet raced)
540 motor
novak fusion ESC
New Take off tyres
Arlec charger
sanwa dash sabre radio plus rec
heaps of spares(2 diffs,2 shock towers, susp arms screws nuts......in fact a large coffee jar full of stuff.

please pm me

Geoff
Attached Images
File Type: jpg corallyc4.jpg (68.6 KB, 109 views)
squizzytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 03:12 PM   #972
Tech Regular

Anyone have a good set up for stock class for carpet?
HauntedMyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 06:54 PM   #973
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default Re: Am I crazy?

Quote:
Originally posted by squizzytaylor
Hey guys
Can anybody give me an estimate of what a fair price for the following is? (Aussies please!)

Corally c4 (exc condition only ever carpet raced)
540 motor
novak fusion ESC
New Take off tyres
Arlec charger
sanwa dash sabre radio plus rec
heaps of spares(2 diffs,2 shock towers, susp arms screws nuts......in fact a large coffee jar full of stuff.

please pm me

Geoff
check pm

Last edited by black-knight; 09-29-2002 at 07:05 PM.
black-knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 08:20 PM   #974
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to JANTLE

Haunted,

What traction compound does your track allow?? I have many set-ups that work well. Let me know as much as possible so I can get you the best one. Is the carpet the "real" Calandra ozite or the fake stuff?

Jeff Antle
Team Corally U.S.A
JANTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 10:40 AM   #975
Tech Adept

Default I SPY A Corally ........

Corally Test Session. Spy me a Picture
Car is amazing .... will have tons of info in a week or so.

Hey Jeff Rob's Going
ECHOLogic is offline   Reply With Quote