Wiki Posts
Search

Corally Owners Club v1.*

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2002, 10:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Seaball- from Corallyusa.com
I dusted off my corally that's been on the shelf the past year and raced it the past weekend- car is as awesome as ever- no one could touch it. I will have to run it the rest of the summer now
Old 07-22-2002, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

word, mike r. word.
Old 07-25-2002, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

all you sons o bitches.
i just made a new c4.1 chassis with the saddles symetrical...JUST LIKE THE AGLE. i never even new that i was doing all that work to regress. is the 4.1 wheelbase longer? what are the other differences between the two chassis? hopefully i had a reason to risk my health. well, it was a learning experience. i intend to make a project car which, of course, will need a custom chassis. i'll hopefully have pics soon.
later boys.
Old 07-29-2002, 02:43 AM
Tech Regular

I assume you mean you did not like the side-by-side saddle formation?

I ran my car on the weekend with the standard staggered configuration again which I haven't done for a while.
I found the damn left turn over steer and right turn understeer came back but the car was more stable and better balanced when it slid or on the limit of grip.

I don't think it was ultimately any slower or faster just easier to drive. I tried to compensate for the diagonal polar moment of rotation a bit with more pre-load on the front right spring as this transfers the load from the front right tyre to the back left. Seemed to help a bit and made it reasonable to drive.
Old 07-29-2002, 06:33 PM
Tech Champion

Anyone know anything about the release of a new car? I have heard people speculate a lot, but have seen no nws releases, or posts about the performance of prototypes at big races. Surely if a release were imminent we would of heard something.
Old 07-29-2002, 08:21 PM
Tech Regular

I haven't seen or heard any piccies or specs yet and I am pretty sure they are not running it at the Euros, but that is my guess.

They are being extra careful not to release any details before the car is released so that X-Ray or someone else doesn't copy them again.

Maybe it's being a bit too cautious, maybe not.......

The last I heard the release date was about October....?
Old 07-29-2002, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

hey guys,
i've got my new chassis cut, and am in the middle of reassembly with full stainless. it's lookin nice so far. one question. how does the layshaft go together? i thought i remembered how based on dissassembly, but no matter what, i cant get the one way to bind on the fixed pulley. that's what going on when it locks right? i've got the nut, two sets of the cones, the fixed, the oneway, enough spacers to get the oneway flush with the fixed pulley pin hole and the spur adapter in that order. what am i missing? there's a thicker washer that came off of the assembly too, but i can't make sense of it. guys? cookie? this is holding me up.

oh yeah, i'm a little worried about the unsprung weight of this car. the craftsmanship is stellar, but the hubs feel like rocks with those huge bearings. oh well. any oppinions?
later.
Old 07-30-2002, 12:37 AM
Tech Regular

The order I put the layshaft together, which I am pretty sure is as per the instructions, is :
1. plastic nut
2. 3 cone washers (large flange towards plastic but and then the other two alternate form there.
3. fixed pulley
4. one way pulley
5. large metal washer (probably the one you mentioned as left out!)
6. small 'c' clip
7. bearing
8. gearbox half (!)
9. spur adaptor, pin, spur.

Not much you can do about the bearings (the new car is to have smaller bearings and smaller pivot balls) but the pivot balls can be replaced by Corally aluminum ones or Titanium Racing's titanium ones.

I replaced all the steel pivot balls and hinge pins and wheel screws and miscellaneous other screws and pop-balls etc with aluminum and titanium parts and reduced the car's sprung and unsprung weight by a combined total of about 60 grams!!

I would recommend doing these changes if you don't mind spending the cash,as I found an immediate noticeable improvement with the car's agility,reactions and change of direction characteristics.

BTW: from your earlier question the C4.1 does have a longer wheelbase. It is about 265mm I think from memory the AGLE was about 256mm.
Old 07-30-2002, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

cookie, you are awesome. the rebuilding shall continue. i'll keep ya posted. later.
Old 08-07-2002, 04:12 PM
Tech Champion

Hi Guys, falling a bit down the ladder arent we?

Just wanted to know has anyone heard anything about the new model, i see they had a couple of cars in the final of the euro's, were these 4.1's or prototypes?

I understand their reluctance to let to much out, but people want to know when the new one is expected, ie a rough timeline.
Old 08-07-2002, 09:39 PM
Tech Regular

ttt huh Besercoe?

No Sakke and Simo still ran there standard 4.1s at the Euros and a mighty fine job they did too! Although Sakke must have broken in the final as he only did 7 laps I think, oh well. :-(

There is a toy fair on in October maybe they might show something there....?

"Corally at the 2002 RCHTA International Model and Hobby Expo:
Team Corally and Corally USA will be introducing new products at the 2002 RCHTA International Model and hobby Expo in Chicago from 5-9 to 7-9(Trade), and 8-9-2002 (Consumer Day)."

Keep the fingers crossed........
Old 08-08-2002, 02:03 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Besercoe
Hi Guys, falling a bit down the ladder arent we?

Just wanted to know has anyone heard anything about the new model, i see they had a couple of cars in the final of the euro's, were these 4.1's or prototypes?

I understand their reluctance to let to much out, but people want to know when the new one is expected, ie a rough timeline.
all that i have heard is that Besercoe can't have one of the new cars!
Old 08-08-2002, 04:15 PM
Tech Champion

Dont tell me i have attained the same status as RW? Uncle G wouldnt do that to me.
Old 08-08-2002, 10:12 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Besercoe
Dont tell me i have attained the same status as RW? Uncle G wouldnt do that to me.
who is RW...oh i remember! that guy that use to be a Level 1 HEI driver haha
Old 08-14-2002, 04:42 AM
Tech Champion

Better not let my HEI mates sit on second page.

Congrats on the euros, surely somepeople are playing around with the corally

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.