Wiki Posts
Search

Corally Owners Club v1.*

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2001, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by MikeR
Jeesh! My electrical saga continues. Was using my Victor last night to check the average volts of my batteries when it just kinda decided to fade out and die RIP ....... my old Victor has gone to pasture but a new Integy 16x5 is on its way.
MikeR, which Victor do you have? Are you going to try to fix it or what? THe shop in Canada that fixes them ( http://www.modelland.com)is not taking any work at the moment, but they might start up again.Do you think you might be interested in selling it? If it's a later model I might be interested in taking a shot at it myself...

Trips
Old 09-03-2001, 06:07 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey guys. Well it was another successful weekend with the 4.1. At the short track on Sat. I qualified 2nd and finished third. At the large track on Sun. I qualified 4th and finished forth. A great weekend of racing except.....

......I blew up my power supply

Its kind of ironic that I'm telling you guys this on the board. I was spreading the word about rctech.net when I accidentally hooked the charger up backwards. Now I would think that the power supply would just pump out its power and blow the fuse on my charger. NOPE! Or maybe it would just blow the fuse on the power supply. NOPE! Instead the damn power supply just starts puffing smoke. It was only hooked up wrong for all of two seconds. Yet out of three fuses between the two devices, none blew, but the power supply went up in smoke. I definitly took one for the rctech.net community yesterday. O'well at least I had a good race weekend.
Old 09-03-2001, 11:30 AM
Regional Moderator

Great news for me guys!

As I said before, my power supply bit the dust this weekend. Well the two year warrenty was up on it, so I decided to take a look inside before sending it to be repaired. I wanted to see if the $$$ I spent on that electronic technician school could actually help. I recognized the smoke that came out of the power supply. My old professors used to call it "magic smoke"! Well just as I expected, it was one of the diodes that expired with a puff of white smoke. I removed the blown diode from the curcuit board and soldered on a new one. TaDaaaa! The power supply works just like new. And all it cost me was 5 minutes and a old diode from my school technician's kit! I wonder how much they would have charged me to fix that tiny problem? I'm willing to bet it wouldn't have been the 20cent that the diode was actually worth!

So I guess this weekend was all good! How did you guys weekends go? Racing or getting together with relatives?
Old 09-04-2001, 08:18 AM
Regional Moderator

Hey, where are you guys at?

Well when you do show up, answer me this. Do any of you use aluminum servo post? The post that come with the 4.1 are junk. Mine striped and just let the screw keep turning and turning. I actually had to "goo" the servo down along with "gooing" the screws in the holes of the servo post. This finally gave me a solidly mounted servo.

If you do use aluminum servo post, what brand do you use. I wanted something anodized black or natural silver. The Xray post look good.

Another thing thats bugging me is the lower shock mounting screw in the front arm keeps backing out. I ended up "gooing" it in just to keep it from doing this. Does anyone else have this problem. I was thinking of swaping the arms on the car now with the ones from my AGLE. The lower holes in those front arms were never use for the AGLE, so they should be nice and tight.
Old 09-04-2001, 10:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

hey i'm back, I only have internet at work right now so no rctech on weekends for me.
Darkside, maybe you know how to fix my Victor? hehe. Yeah I tossed out the stock servo mounts and put in plastic hpi ones and shoo gooed the servo still, very solid.

Trips- i'm gonna see if i can get it fixed first because i have a zapper that only works with the Vic. I heard about the shop in Canada and that the fellow was taking a break but if he's coming back soon that would be perfect. I'll have to check into it after this month.

Porky- no problem. Hey, if you're looking for a charger under $175 i might recommend the new 16x5 integy. Has everything the 16x2.5 has but also shows voltage peak, voltage average discharge, adjustable cuttoff and discharges at 20amps compared to 4amps. It's DC only so you would need a power supply for AC though.

Will- Are you gonna make it to the Road Coarse Nats in L Vegas? A bunch of Fast guys here are going so expert stock is going to be loaded with competition.

Good news for me.... NO GLITCHING in my heats and mains!! Was actually glitching in practice even after insulating the bulkheads so as a last resort I put the receiver back on top of my servo and moved the antennae post in front of it and bam, all better. Even put in some very nice runs- enough to qualify fourth in ex-stock. In the main, was hacked hard into the boards on the start. After getting turn mashalled I managed to work from last place to within 5 feet of 1st by the last lap so i know the corally was the fastest car on the track. Looking foward to next week
Old 09-04-2001, 03:30 PM
Regional Moderator

MikeR: Good to hear that you have those glitch bugs out of your system.
Old 09-04-2001, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

MikeR- Dont think I will make it. Have work and need the money for my new bike ( http://www.triumph-motorcycles.ltd.u...view.cfm?ID=47 ). Also getting ready to move out in the next few months and well my time of being gimp is almost over so I gotta go back to work at UPS as well. So I have quite a few things to do.

I never found my glitching problem. so I have some thinking to do now.
Old 09-05-2001, 11:29 AM
Tech Champion

Nice bike.
Yes, i still glitched with the taped bulkheads and painted (insulated) screws. Moving the antennae all the way to the front bulkhead seemed to make the most diffrence for me.
So far so good.

Am still using the front one-way with good results. Now I don't even feel the one-way when i drive. Just got so used to it i guess.
Old 09-05-2001, 01:25 PM
Regional Moderator

MikeR: what kind of receiver do you use? I mount my antenna in the usual place and actually have my XXL touching my G10 speedo, and still no glitching problems. You might want to consider the posibility that your crystals are damaged. Or that you may need to send your transmitter in to be tuned by the factory. Or it may be you receiver thats damaged.
Old 09-05-2001, 01:30 PM
Regional Moderator

Well the little clip I made for the main shaft to keep the pulleys from seperating worked well. It worked so well I actually forgot I had it on. It just did exactly as I needed it to.

So what about my other question below. You guys have a problem with the mounting screw backing out of the front suspension arm? The "goo" seems to keep it from backing out, but I have to reapply it everytime I remove the shock to change springs.
Old 09-05-2001, 02:21 PM
Tech Champion

My new KO mars came with a sweet little twin filtered receiver so I guess i'll put it into my HPI mini when I get it cos my lhs did order a new XXL for me to put in the corally. The glitching stoped after i moved the antennae but I want that extra protection you guys sem to have with the XXL.
As far as the bottom shock mount I've found out that when your front wheels impact (HARD) something 1 of 3 things happen. You break a shock shaft, your shock comes undone at the bottom or you crack the shock tower. I would rather have the bottom pop out on my car so I drilled out the mounting hole all the way through the arm and am using a 15mm long screw to mount the shock to the arm. What happens now is the screw slides out about 3mm on very hard crashes instead of the parts breaking. Note: the pillow ball threads must be out far enough in order to not block the drilled out mounting hole but not too far out that the univrsls fall out of the diff. Also Darkside, your arms might be stripped out as well so that the screws pop out too easily.
Old 09-05-2001, 02:59 PM
Regional Moderator

MikeR: I was thinking it was striped out as well. I might drill the hole a little deeper and use a longer screw. Maybe not all the way through, but, enough to let the screw grab hold of some fresh material.

I don't know if the XXL offers me any extra protection or not. I just use it because its smaller than my stock reciever. My stock reciever never glithced in my AGLE. The Futaba R113F is excellent, probably the best (came with radio) reciever out there. Its just not as small and light as the XXL. So I really didn't gain anything in the performance department by going the XXL, its just smaller and lighter.
Old 09-05-2001, 04:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

MikeR- Have you tried alkaline batteries? Since I started using them I never had a problem, I use a KO Mars with the stock receiver wich is very good.
Darkside- I also have the screw problem, either at the front or the rear. But it was the aluminium screw that stripped not the hole in the plastic.
Old 09-05-2001, 05:11 PM
Regional Moderator

Nuno: Hummm, that an interesting thought on the screw. I have noticed that my screws all look a little weird. I'll take a look at the threads and see what condition they are in. I might also try using some selftapping screws to cut new threads in there. I think I might have some that will fit through the ball studs.
Old 09-05-2001, 06:11 PM
Ty
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I bought GE/Sanyo NiMh AA 1600ma from a website that specializes in batteries. And I am pretty sure they are 1.5 volts each. It saves a lot of money. The website is www.tnrtechnical.com. I even bargained with the guy and bought 24 Sanyo 2400's to make into practice packs. Wayne is the owner's name. Trinity does not like him because he sells R/C related Sanyo and Panasonic cells in bulk to the public.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.