R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-29-2001, 10:33 AM   #61
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WillS Send a message via Yahoo to WillS

I put an shock oring behind it works great for me.
WillS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2001, 10:47 AM   #62
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Its good to know I'm not the only one who had this problem and found a fix for it.
Old 08-29-2001, 10:56 AM   #63
Regional Moderator

I just decided to read over the entire thread and noticed that you guys actually wondered if I would find the site. I'm touch, I mean I'm really touched guys. I just can't hold back the emotions

Speedo: I didn't abandone Yokomo, well not exactly, I just literally woke up one day and decided to try Corally. I always keep my trusty Schumacher as a back up car, so that left my Yokomo as the odd car out, so to speak. I still follow Yokomo and hope for wins for them and Corally and Schumacher. Maybe if Yokomo adapts the GT-4 suspension to a electric car, then I'll make a return to their camp. But, for now I'm hooked on pivot ball suspension.

How did most of you find your way here. I was told by a fellow Kansas racer "Lowrance" about it. Thankfully! I was suffering some real withdrawal with out the forums.
Old 08-29-2001, 02:59 PM   #64
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkside
HE'S BACK!

Hey guys, just found my way here to this site. thanks to Garry "Lowrance" for putting me on to the new location. Good to see most if not all the Corally people made there way here.

Sad to see what happened to rctouring.com, but I'm glad to see that we all still have somewhere to go to.
WB Dardside.
Old 08-29-2001, 05:09 PM   #65
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Trips
Well.

Last night I put a fresh antenna on the Novak and worked the Airtronics receiver over with a hammer. I feel much better now.

Trips
UUGGHH!!! I know your agony! Seems like these last 3 weeks have been thee worst for me in terms of electrical reliability. If you recall i mentioned i was glitched right out of my a main after i TQ'd with a month old KO Mars radio. Then last week my 3 day old LRP Quantum went up into molten plastic. Now this week, after getting zero glitches in the heats, I was glitched right out of my stock and mod mains! It seems like the more money I put into new gear the more problems I get. It's getting really frustrating. Now that you've mentioned the XXL solving your problems I might have to plunk down MORE cash and toss out my new KO receiver for a XXL. Right now i'll do anything just to get my reliability back...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2001, 05:11 PM   #66
Tech Champion

What's up Darkside! I see you're a twisted metal fan- great fun game. Have you by chance seen our old friends from Australia? They are still lost in the world wide web....

Last edited by MikeR; 08-29-2001 at 05:13 PM.
Old 08-29-2001, 09:59 PM   #67
Tech Master

Mike Im in the same boat. Im gunna try what my friend did and put the black electrical tape under the rear bulkhead and top plate. its weird how that KO works. or I might try and move it all the way forward too. but then Im changing weight oh top plate solid proved more corner speed. so try setting it up with it in.
Old 08-30-2001, 07:49 AM   #68
Regional Moderator

MikeR: No, I haven't seen any of the others. Heck, I was hoping you guys knew how to contact them. Without a doubt our R/C community took a serious hit with the death of rctouring. If it wasn't for a friend of mine who I just happened to email to find out if he was going racing Sat., I would still be lost...

I must say that I feel a little guilty reading your post about your problems recently. Reliability has been my strong suit. No broken parts or electronics problems. Except for losing the drivepin for my rear pulley, all has been well. I have found a side effect of the super strength of the Serpent suspension. If I clip a pipe, I definitly wont break an arm, but what I have broke for two straight weeks is brand new wheels, with brand new tires on them. Nothing else in the suspension gives, so the wheels have to. O'well, no biggy, thats what CA is for.

On the electronics front though, I have made a switch. I was running a GMV12, but the I have switched back to my Tekin G10. Its heavier than the V12, but the breaks are much more consistent for me and I don't need that stupid schottky diode. On the tight track I run on, the breaks are very important.

Last edited by Darkseid; 08-30-2001 at 07:52 AM.
Darkseid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 07:55 AM   #69
Regional Moderator

WillS: I tried that electrical tape under the rear bulkhead thing back when I ran my Xpress and had glitching problems. It worked well. The glitches went away after that. So I hope it works for you too. Glitches are definitly the worst thing about R/C!
Old 08-31-2001, 04:04 PM   #70
Tech Champion

Jeesh! My electrical saga continues. Was using my Victor last night to check the average volts of my batteries when it just kinda decided to fade out and die RIP ....... my old Victor has gone to pasture but a new Integy 16x5 is on its way.
Old 08-31-2001, 04:57 PM   #71
Regional Moderator

MikeR: As they would say in the movie "Lion King" its the circle of life. Your Victor had to die to make room for the Integy 16x5. So don't be sad, its just the way things are.
Old 08-31-2001, 08:57 PM   #72
Tech Master

Victor man you are behind times :P GM Commander all the way. well gunna try the tape fix tomorrow hopefully it fixes it otherwise IM going home and relaxing instead of racing (why wreck a race car)
Old 09-01-2001, 07:54 AM   #73
Regional Moderator

I hope it works out for you WillS. I'd hate for you to have to lose a racing day.
Old 09-01-2001, 10:02 PM   #74
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to porkybmx

Hey guys, im going to get a new charger soon. What do you huys think of the Apex Sigma Plus?

BTW Hey MikeR i never thanked you for the spring. It luckliy matched one of the springs i already had so it worked out fine. (actually the darn spring was just half a mm off. that darn digital caliper will make anyone a perfectionist )

I also got a nice new servo compliments of the Labor Day sale Hobby People was having
porkybmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2001, 10:04 PM   #75
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to AE_Racer

porky, I would suggest getting an Indi charger from Integy..I have a 16x2, had it for almost 2 years now, never any probs with it
AE_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote