R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-15-2002, 05:06 PM   #571
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to King-G

have you guys got any interesting setup developments which you have been using recently?..

we have been running modified geometry on the front shock towers..allowing us to run more upright shocks..

you can do this by using a rear tower on the front, and mounting it from the second camberling position..all that has to be done is a small amount of material is removed from the bottom section of the tower to allow clearance for the belt pulley..

give it a try..makes the car turn in harder...
King-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 05:14 PM   #572
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hey welcome back KG- i figured you were on break. This next month I'll be retiring my C4 from racing so that I can give it a complete overhaul. After putting a couple hundred runs through it it's time to change out the chassis and driveline to get everything back to optimum. The car's holding up well and is still podium bound though- just very tired looking.

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 05:17 AM   #573
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Yes welcome back King-G, did you go to the Summer Nats??? (the real car version).

Anyway on the RC Racing side of things a bunch of us NSW racers travelled to Canberra last weekend for some practice, the track was in poor condition, with low grip, so some guys struggled.

Warren Buttriss (an ACT local) was fastest, Brad Vercoe (aka Besercoe) 2nd and i ended up 3rd. The locals are fast in Canberra, most of them use 9x2 and have their rollouts down to perfection.

Any way in two weeks at the Summer Nationals, i'm aiming to chase down these locals with a couple of 9x2 aswell, we will see what happens...

Re: frontshock tower mod, have not tired this yet but i have the part, Matt Dall made five of these just the other day (see below),

Also finally after all this time waiting, i can't believe my Pro LCS turned up, i just luv these types of toys...

Last edited by black-knight; 01-16-2002 at 05:22 AM.
black-knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 03:16 PM   #574
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I think someone has been busy with their new camera!

What do you say we go to Canberra again, if we have enough people they would definately run electric. I need some more time to fool around with motors and gearing.
Besercoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 05:01 PM   #575
Tech Fanatic

Wink

wicked stuff guys...

yeah I went to the street machine summer nats..camped on site, had a great time...

unfortunately I wont be coming up to canberra next weekend, as I'm saving my few remaining days leave for the week of the F1 gp (I usually take the whole week off so I can have it large)..

the shock tower looks kewl...slightly different to mine...looks great!

so is Matt D driving for H.E now?..if so thats great..I met him last time in canberra, he seems like a nice guy..good luck next weekend, I know cookie has been doing lots of testing and seems to be in good form, so it should be a great event for the corally!..

p.s I cant believe you lashed out on the Pro Lcs...Im jealous..

Last edited by King-G; 01-17-2002 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-17-2002, 05:23 PM   #576
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by King-G
wicked stuff guys...

yeah I went to the street machine summer nats..camped on site, had a great time...

unfortunately I wont be coming up to canberra next weekend, as I'm saving my few remaining days leave for the week of the F1 gp (I usually take the whole week off so I can have it large)..

the shock tower looks kewl...slightly different to mine...looks great!

so is Matt D driving for H.E now?..if so thats great..I met him last time in canberra, he seems like a nice guy..good luck next weekend, I know cookie has been doing lots of testing and seems to be in good form, so it should be a great event for the corally!..

p.s I cant believe you lashed out on the Pro Lcs...Im jealous..
Yep. Matt is driving a Corally now, his first outing was last weekend in Kambah. We may actually go to Kambah this weekend for another practice day, we will see what happens.

And yes it should be a good event for Corally, i know of 8 C4.1's from NSW alone (all with potential), the next most popular car at the pointy end will be XRay.

I'm all booked in and ready for the Melb GP aswell, i'm in the Senna stand, section B can't wait!

Sorry to hear that you can't make to the Summer Nats, maybe next time.
Old 01-17-2002, 07:59 PM   #577
Tech Fanatic

we'll have to hook up for the GP...I live a few minutes from the track..

theres nothing better than waking up to the sweet sound of a V10...

theres a few of us r/c racers who all make the 4 day event an annual extraveganza...stick with us mate and you'll meet the drivers, get plenty of autographs etc...a few of us have stayed back after gates close each year until around 11pm, avoiding security in the chase for the ever popular autographs, talk to the pit crews and to shake the hands of our favourite drivers....its a wicked experience, and adds to the whole excitement..

who you barriking for?..

im a mad williams supporter..i reckon they will be brilliant this year!
Old 01-17-2002, 08:06 PM   #578
Tech Champion

Quote:
we'll have to hook up for the GP...I live a few minutes from the track..

theres nothing better than waking up to the sweet sound of a V10...

theres a few of us r/c racers who all make the 4 day event an annual extraveganza...stick with us mate and you'll meet the drivers, get plenty of autographs etc...a few of us have stayed back after gates close each year until around 11pm, avoiding security in the chase for the ever popular autographs, talk to the pit crews and to shake the hands of our favourite drivers....its a wicked experience, and adds to the whole excitement..

who you barriking for?..

im a mad williams supporter..i reckon they will be brilliant this year!
Sounds good we will be arriving for the GP some time on the Thursday. I'm a Schumacher fan, both of them, and i think Mika Salo is not bad either.
Old 01-17-2002, 08:18 PM   #579
Tech Fanatic

ok kewl,there isnt too much on track on the thursday but plenty of other things to do...we usually go to the 3 hotels the teams stay at to meet the drivers as they come/go..they are really friendly, and are more inclined to stop and talk as there is no bustling of autograph hunters...

we spoke to montoya last year, he is a top bloke...really friendly...also ruebens, he shook my hand, signed my hat and book, and had the decency to stop and talk briefly, it makes you see these drivers in a different light..
Old 01-17-2002, 08:31 PM   #580
Tech Champion

geez, sounds like you have had a bit of practice at autograph hunting, lucky you...

Last year i got Bergers, and Webber..but no more
Old 01-18-2002, 11:38 PM   #581
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Oasis2001

Paul,

One of my prides of joy. Yeah gavin and I somewhat have it large each year

Chris
Attached Images
File Type: jpg villeneuve.jpg (93.5 KB, 57 views)
Oasis2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 11:56 PM   #582
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Oasis2001
Paul,

One of my prides of joy. Yeah gavin and I somewhat have it large each year

Chris
I'm getting all excited about this Grand Prix, Are you guys fans of RC F1 cars too?
Old 01-20-2002, 04:30 PM   #583
Tech Fanatic

I havent ever driven an r/c f1..I like the look of the corally f1...and the mini z f1's are too kewl..might have to get me one of those.

how was your weekend?...get to do any further testing for the summernats?..

are you finding the H.V cells to be much better than the S.M.H?
Old 01-21-2002, 01:54 AM   #584
Tech Champion

Quote:
I havent ever driven an r/c f1..I like the look of the corally f1...and the mini z f1's are too kewl..might have to get me one of those.

how was your weekend?...get to do any further testing for the summernats?..

are you finding the H.V cells to be much better than the S.M.H?
I have had two Corally F1 cars they are alot of fun to race, very fast. The Jordan MiniZ F1 looks very impressive!

Not much happened on the weekend, we did not do any further practice for the Nats.

My H.V's have had 1 really good run (in Canberra), the cells are much better then the old Sanyo's, but the SMH cells still feel more powerfull. More racing will be required to get a real feel for the cells.
Old 01-21-2002, 08:49 AM   #585
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey, guys. I'm back from a week long vacation. Theres snow on the ground here, so no racing to speak of, but its good to be back on the board.