R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-23-2005, 02:41 AM   #16
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by robk
The pro4 is a good car, but the lack of a team driving the car on carpet regularly holds it back. Xray, Corally, Losi, AE, all focus a good part of their efforts on carpet races, and the results show.
Atsushi Hara...2004 and 2005 DHI Cup champion.
Pro4 is gold on carpet
Pro4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 03:42 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Carpet w/foam tires.......... JRX-S
Old 04-23-2005, 02:13 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Pro4
Atsushi Hara...2004 and 2005 DHI Cup champion.
Pro4 is gold on carpet
Hara also finished second to Blackstock at Cleveland in 2k3, and in 2k4 a Pro 4 won the masters class and finished third in the stock class at Cleveland as well. Pro 4 is gold on carpet.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 05:36 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Nobody has considered the Yokomo SD Black. This car is really stiff and has the snappy acceleration needed on carpet. You get 3 mm upper, mid, and lower decks. And for an extra $10 you can have a 6mm upper deck. Also, the RDX cost $400 and the Yokomo cost $270. So with 130 in hopups you will have a faster car.
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 06:18 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Thanks guys,

I would like to know what are some of the corks of each car. I know with the X-ray05 you can only use X-ray spurs. Information like that would be helpful. Thanks
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 06:29 PM   #21
Tech Master

Default pro4

the only cork of the pro4 are the dog bones. You can find on the pro4 thread people saying they switched to the tc4 bones. But does anyone know about Tobee Crafts pro4 bones. They are purple
axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 06:33 PM   #22
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to Superkidracer82
Default what about the little guy

the xxx-s G+ held its own against the pro4 and xrays so price is not everything. you just have to get the car dialed in to what you like to drive it might take weeks or even a day but once you get that car how you like it and you practice you will spend less $$$
Superkidracer82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 07:01 PM   #23
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I feel there are some cars, that even with rock hard chassis, and perfectly designed drive trains will not succeed on carpet with foams as well as some others do. Its in the suspension geometry. The Japanese tend to make their cars "specialized" towards rubber tire racing since that is their home market. This usually involves having longer suspension arms and inner hinge pin locations that are closer to the centerline of the chassis for more traction and a touch more roll. You never see people in japan running carpet with foam tires, mostly just asphalt on rubber tires. They work awesome in those conditions, but when you go and put some foams on it and on high traction carpet, the setup process become difficult. They will be a little bit harder to setup on foams as opposed to some other cars such as the Corally RDX, Xray T1, Associated TC3, and Losi XXX-S and JRX-S just seem to be better suited to foam tire carpet racing. This is only my opinion based off of personal experience. I am extremely happy with my corally RDX and have zero complaints about it on carpet.

-Korey
Old 04-23-2005, 07:34 PM   #24
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Does the RDX Accept the new Cells? If not how extensive is the work to do so?
dmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 07:50 PM   #25
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to adootindotin

RDX is the only way to go and yes you can use 1500's all the way to 3800's
adootindotin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 09:05 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Sushi Boy
I feel there are some cars, that even with rock hard chassis, and perfectly designed drive trains will not succeed on carpet with foams as well as some others do. Its in the suspension geometry. The Japanese tend to make their cars "specialized" towards rubber tire racing since that is their home market. This usually involves having longer suspension arms and inner hinge pin locations that are closer to the centerline of the chassis for more traction and a touch more roll. You never see people in japan running carpet with foam tires, mostly just asphalt on rubber tires. They work awesome in those conditions, but when you go and put some foams on it and on high traction carpet, the setup process become difficult. They will be a little bit harder to setup on foams as opposed to some other cars such as the Corally RDX, Xray T1, Associated TC3, and Losi XXX-S and JRX-S just seem to be better suited to foam tire carpet racing. This is only my opinion based off of personal experience. I am extremely happy with my corally RDX and have zero complaints about it on carpet.

-Korey
Very well said Korey. There are fast cars, then there are fast cars MEANT for carpet. I ran my RDX on mod foam for the first time today...... all I can say is.....WOW! Talk about Car-gasm!!!

Dom
Old 04-24-2005, 04:45 PM   #27
Tech Elite

Default Thanks everyone....

I decided to go with the RXD. If I don't like it, I can sell it easier and get a Pro4. I wanted to try a belted TC anyway.
Old 04-24-2005, 05:03 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (99%+)

RCKnight- You will LOVE the RDX! Great Choice!
Old 04-24-2005, 05:31 PM   #29
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default Re: I was leaning in the Pro4 direction for price range...but...

Quote:
Originally posted by RCknight
why is it not good for carpet racing? I thinking a BMI chassis.
I run a tc4 but the pro 4 is a great carpet see what paul did with it at novak put it toghter that week,hpi driver support is limited in th US,besides asphalt season is here at the worlds there was not one x ray or corrally in the A main
Old 04-24-2005, 06:03 PM   #30
Tech Elite

Default Carpet racing is all I do, so the carpet spec RXD...

seems to fit me. Only thing is by the time I save up for it, I'm sure they will have hover cars. I do wish the RXd had vertical camber links. I like the that adjustment option.

Last edited by RCknight; 04-24-2005 at 06:09 PM.