R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-21-2013, 03:46 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I can likely say without a doubt, they likely harm you driving as much as help.

Given I take a fair amount of drugs like it and worse, I can honestly say I have been mid race, and actually almost forgotten where I was and what I was doing, none of what I take does wonders for my reactions or ability to judge distance some times either.
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:48 AM   #17
Tech Regular

I can imagine that Beta blockers would probably help, but you really shouldn't take them or be able to get them without a medical reason to do so.

People taking them are banned from taking part in professional Snooker, and probably other sports. Most noteably Neal Foulds had to quit hi sprofessional Snooker career while he was world number 4, because he was legitimately prescribed them but it was deemed to give him an advantage.
cyclonetog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:50 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeO View Post
Actually, my caffeine addiction has been the worst addiction to get over. The migraines suck.

Worst than anxiety meds, camel 99's, pain killers, rctech, swishers, redrc. (Some sarcasm, but not really)
Actually caffeine addiction 'is' hard as, worse from softdrink/soda or instant coffee, for some reason if you drink real coffee it's no where near as bad.
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:09 AM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I don't know and won't say about pills and prescriptions. But I know from 20 years of racing there are lots of pot smokers in the rc world. Watch the documentary "Carpet Racers", a lot of guys like to party lol. I run at a track with a few guys that travel to lots of big races every year, I've had this conversation with one of them as to how many big name guys were stoners. Most are pretty straight except for a couple adult beverages after the day is over. He told me the story of one particular top level, factory driver actually went and complained to a race promoter because someone stole his stash out of his hotel room! Apparently his room was the party spot the previous night and someone hid his stash and forgot to tell him about it. true story
markt311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:09 AM   #20
Tech Regular

Doing fat lines of coke off the race directors head before a race is my preferred method of getting on it....

Of course they won't help. More like likely make your thumbs like that of a shitting dog

And for the record i've never taken a drug in my life
Mi4cxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:33 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by markt311 View Post
I don't know and won't say about pills and prescriptions. But I know from 20 years of racing there are lots of pot smokers in the rc world.
THIS. lol.

FWIW I have never smoked anything - not once, never ever. But I don't live under a rock either.
* Cee Lo Dizzle, the Secizzle * Red Bull * Team Homies * Pintura de Negro Mate * USVTA #152
CraigMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:36 AM   #22
Tech Addict

Of course taking any drugs is not a good choice for yourself. But what if you,re pro driver and your reward of winning the race is high dollar cash by your sponsors then it is differemt story. You think top drivers don't need money? Or support their family? I don't think so. In fact many top drivers are poor. Because they spend all the time in playing rc car. One USA top 10 driver told me his dream is to buy a house...... Unless he is saying a castle.

Taking drugs is common in other sports...... Is not something new but of course you should not expect any pro driver come up here saying "i do" at this forum.

I may be wrong. Maybe this rc racing world is so pure and clean. Everybody listening what mom,s say..... But if someone told me this. I will believe
ioxqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:28 AM   #23
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I remember an article in an RC mag about a guy breathing pure oxygen before a race to increase his "performance".... thought it was pretty funny.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQMhKKcaJPscYOrsPz8x-lw?view_as=subscriber
R40Victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:28 AM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

2 Marlboros,1/2 box of donuts-Concetration like Luke skywalker
Old 01-21-2013, 12:48 PM   #25
Tech Regular

If you win a race stoned. you should get two trophies....
MatsNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #26
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The best performance enhancement I can recommend is being calm. When your heart starts racing you turn the wheel and trigger the throttle differently then when its just you, an empty building, and the track.

One thing I have found that calms me down is earplugs, where you cant hear the race so clearly, and sunglasses if the light permits. It's sort of like the feeling of security a motorcycle helmet gives you while riding, it's mostly imaginary but when your senses are a little muted it helps your nerves disengage.
Current rides: Diggity DC4 Chassis #10. Losi JRX-S Type R. Losi 22 4.0, CRC Xi (retired), CRC Altered Ego Aluminum Chassis. Associated B4 based dirt oval late model.
WTB: Carpet racing in Arizona.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:16 PM   #27
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by R40Victim View Post
I remember an article in an RC mag about a guy breathing pure oxygen before a race to increase his "performance".... thought it was pretty funny.
Why? Having more oxygen in your system makes just about everything better. You don't think those NFL guys sitting on the sidelines sucking down o2 are just doing it for the placebo effect do you?

Diving with nitrox (less nitrogen and more oxygen) you definitely can feel the difference after a day of diving. The reduced nitrogen lets you dive deeper/longer without increasing your risk of the bends and the increased oxygen definitely has benefits that you can feel.

3 3Racing Sakura Zeros: Mustang Boss VTA // Lexus LFA USGT // MazdaSpeed 6 TC
Mini M03 & M05
Life is better with a soundtrack
FauxMako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:25 PM   #28
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
The best performance enhancement I can recommend is being calm. When your heart starts racing you turn the wheel and trigger the throttle differently then when its just you, an empty building, and the track.

One thing I have found that calms me down is earplugs, where you cant hear the race so clearly, and sunglasses if the light permits. It's sort of like the feeling of security a motorcycle helmet gives you while riding, it's mostly imaginary but when your senses are a little muted it helps your nerves disengage.
I tried earplugs + sunglasses in a race and it definitely helps. It's like being in an other world.

Now I just need an oxygen bottle

Breathing is very important in any practice. Most of us just don't know how to breath correctly, me included.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:26 PM   #29
Tech Legend

Default Tested at the Track

extra large triple mocha & whip cream adds 15 sec to overall time in a qualifier...
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:41 PM   #30
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcb-jet View Post
I must say I have seen odd Bong or two at different tracks over the years of racing
If you haven't seen the potheads, your not paying attention.

That being said, beta blockers would definitely be an advantage. The movie "Bigger Faster Stronger" showed a bunch of orchestra musicians who take them so they stay calm during performances.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote