R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-17-2005, 06:26 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Scrubb
i disagree with pros needing to be more involved with spotting new talent. Hobbyshops with race tracks need more customer loyalty, not more sponsered drivers. want a simple way to keep sponsered drivers in spec classes to minimum? Simply tell manufacturers, you will boycott their products if their sponsered racers enter into stock and spec classes.
Well then the birds,nats,novak would have had alot of products boycotted you see the same 20 guys in stock and the manufactures promote them with how great they did in stock cherry picking the class.
Old 04-17-2005, 06:46 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

To the one's who don't want to race against the best drivers....................yes I said drivers. If you had it your way, when you laided your little head on your pillow at night after just winning the A-main in stock at whatever event, would you sleep well knowing you beat a bunch of novice racer's like yourself? I'd rather finish last in the A-main and race with the best drivers with the best equipment than win the A-main with average drivers. Truth is, in stock I think it's a much more level playing field for all. That is a class where your driving will make all the diff. in the end.
Old 04-17-2005, 06:57 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The same goes for the those Stock "A Main" best drivers.
Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 07:51 PM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to ford_racing

if you were to limit the cross entering between the main classes, stock 19t and modified, you will see the sponsored drivers will compete in the 19t and modified more than stock as sponsors want advertisement in faster drivers
ford_racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 07:56 PM   #20
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to odawg315

Quote:
Originally posted by polesitter61
To the one's who don't want to race against the best drivers....................yes I said drivers. If you had it your way, when you laided your little head on your pillow at night after just winning the A-main in stock at whatever event, would you sleep well knowing you beat a bunch of novice racer's like yourself? I'd rather finish last in the A-main and race with the best drivers with the best equipment than win the A-main with average drivers. Truth is, in stock I think it's a much more level playing field for all. That is a class where your driving will make all the diff. in the end.
thank you!!

i hope this doesnt come out the wrong way, but here goes... iv spent over 150k over the course of 5 yrs racing in the ama superbike class just for the oppertunities to lose every week, that being said i cant remember a week i raced when nicky haden or duhamel or mladdin flew by me that i didnt suddenly find a new line to make me quicker! then going back to race at my local club races im staying with the best in the club and beeting them on some weeks.

i dont see stock as a class for weeker or inexperienced drivers, thats what novice is for. its just another class that in itself along with any other spec class evens the playing field on its own. i buy all the best stuff i can, there is no sponcered guy out there with equpment i dont either have or have access to. after all these are toys, not formula 1 top secret stuff here. no one said its a cheap hobby. and over all practice is worth more than any part. if your getting beat by pro's cuz they have 1.18 batteries, witch by the way anyone can get, youll get picked up and sponcered real fast.

i am not even close to being a sponcered rc driver no will i ever be. but if i ever have the chance to get my ass handed to me by hara or reinhardt instead of winning my novice class every week ill take the beating any time. competition breeds competion.

oh, and imprsme, iv never seen a nextel cup driver be told he cant run busch cuz hes to good!!! and for that matter i believe a mr. tony stewart still runs his dirt track and legends cars, imagine those drivers telling him no you cant race cuz youll probably beat us.

im not looking to flame anything but post asked for opinions on the idea and thats just mine, wheather you agree with it or not.
odawg315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 08:39 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by odawg315
thank you!!

i am not even close to being a sponcered rc driver no will i ever be. but if i ever have the chance to get my ass handed to me by hara or reinhardt instead of winning my novice class every week ill take the beating any time. competition breeds competion.

im not looking to flame anything but post asked for opinions on the idea and thats just mine, wheather you agree with it or not.
I too am not on here to flame anyone!

With your post you have to say that you agree with what I am trying to get across. Atleast somewhat! Because you are saying that, If you had the chance to race with the "PROS" you would, Win , lose or draw. you said you are not nor do you fell you will be a sponsored drive. With that being said.... This whole post was to get the guys that are 100% drivers top STEP UP and progress in this hobby!

I have no problem running with these guys but after you win Snowbirds, Cleveland, REEDY, ROAR NATIONALS and so on WHY WOULD THESE GUYS NOT WANT TO MOVE UP??? As you said "compitetion breeds compitetion"

BTW I am a sponsored drive! So I know on any given day I can run with these guys.

I am really lookin at the "big"picture.

Look at your Mod. A-main results.... Who's there every race? Guys that are in thier late 20's to early 30's Most of them.

Now look at your Stk. results all of the Future of the American R/C is there. The guys in there teens and early 20's When are they going to move up and learn to run Mod. So that the US will be a force later on when THE CURRENT crop of Mod guys call it quits!
Old 04-17-2005, 09:25 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think that some of the top stock guys don't move to mod because they suck at it. They can place top 10 at any Stock event... But not even close at any Mod event. I dunno. Just my opinion of course.

But I can see your point in the first post. However, I think that companies want to win in every class. So they "place" their top talent in certain classes to make them look good. And to assure them a victory in as many classes as they can. So if company "A" said they are gonna send a fast guy to stock class for a big race, then company "B" hears about it. I'm sure company "B" will also want to send a top driver to that event for that class. Of course company "C" doesn't want "A and B" to take the glory... so they send in their drivers.

I do think though that if a driver wins a Stock National, he (or she) should move up to 19t or Mod. The USA team needs to grow stronger for the Worlds. And it's not gonna happen if new talent doesn't step up to the plate.

And of course Blah blah blah... blahblah.. hehe..

~Jimmy Mac

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 09:34 PM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by KilRuf
I think that some of the top stock guys don't move to mod because they suck at it. They can place top 10 at any Stock event... But not even close at any Mod event. I dunno. Just my opinion of course.

But I can see your point in the first post. However, I think that companies want to win in every class. So they "place" their top talent in certain classes to make them look good. And to assure them a victory in as many classes as they can. So if company "A" said they are gonna send a fast guy to stock class for a big race, then company "B" hears about it. I'm sure company "B" will also want to send a top driver to that event for that class. Of course company "C" doesn't want "A and B" to take the glory... so they send in their drivers.

I do think though that if a driver wins a Stock National, he (or she) should move up to 19t or Mod. The USA team needs to grow stronger for the Worlds. And it's not gonna happen if new talent doesn't step up to the plate.

And of course Blah blah blah... blahblah.. hehe..

~Jimmy Mac
Old 04-18-2005, 04:10 AM   #24
Tech Champion

Can I join ?

I think the race should be divided into three groups:

Modified : unlimited budget for battery, motor, ESC.

Stock : limited budget for battery and motor (stock motor only with un-matched battery)

Sportmanship : limited budget for battery, ESC and Motor. The car preferably close to original box condition ( minor hop up options )
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 05:32 AM   #25
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Here's another opinion, I've learned this from racing real cars for the last 11 years. If you get the fast guys "set up" you will only be as fast as him, no faster. I personally want to go faster, therefore I will run my own set up and learn by trial and error. Hopefully someday they'll be asking me what my set up is. Not to say that's ever going to happen, but that's my thinking. I have a lot of people who come to me to set up there real race cars now, and I'll tell you this, I will point them in the right direction. But I'm not going to give them the knowledge that has taken me 11 years and untold amounts of money to learn for nothing. I'm a nice guy, but not that nice. The point is if you don't learn this stuff on your own you will never understand "why" it works, just that is does. You will go no farther than that "set up" will take you.