R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-18-2005, 11:47 AM   #46
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

@ ground-round

nice comment! Do you ever think before you write?

Show some respect.
John Doucakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 01:05 PM   #47
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Yes. I always think before I write. In this case, what's worse? Me telling Dale to quit whining or Dale coming on this thread in the first place and trashing a competitor? You wanted to know what kind of body was in the photo. Lots of people came on and gave their opinion. Then Protoform comes on here and uses the thread to trash a competitor. So who has "no class?"

I've never seen a Blitz body so I can't intelligently comment on what Dale alleges in his post. It might be true, I don't know. All I do know is this thread, nor any thread for that matter, should be used as a forum for a manufacturers' own agenda.

Cool?

Oh, and as "showing respect" goes, I show respect every time I plop down $25 for a Protoform shell (which is quite often).
ground-round is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 01:19 PM   #48
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

@ ground-round

Ok. fair enough, I see your point, but you have to feel for him, I think that PF produce some of the nicest bodies and copying that is not nice.
So in my view it is not that bad the fact that he expressed his dissapointment over this matter.
Anyway, we are way off topic.

I just ordered the Tamiya B4 Version 2.0. I hope it is similar to that prototype body I was interested in.
John Doucakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 01:30 PM   #49
Tech Fanatic

Being a graphic designer, I know how Dale feels. I've won three law suits against a small business and two large corporations for stealing or intensionally rebadging/rebranding logos I've created. It's copyright infringment and a violation of intellectual property.

If I was in a discussion with a person or persons and those company names came up, I would not hesitate to state how I feel towards them and their policies. Even if it means loosing a contracted freelance job. I don't buy Titan products because of this issue. Any true artist or inventor stands proud of their work, and for someone to rip it off for profit is just plain BS.
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 02:26 PM   #50
Tech Addict

ground-round - I respect your opinion, and its true, I might not be a very "classy" guy, but I have enough class and personal conviction as to do my own work and not premeditatidly steal from the next guy. The fact that they are in Thailand makes legal prosecution difficult and expensive, and they probably realize this. The only reason I gave my opinions on Titan Blitz is because of the posting(s) of fellow Canadian "Martin - duckman 996." In his posting(s) yesterday he was not only promoting this company but comparing prices with ours. Simple as that.

Dale Epp - PROTOform

ps: and I honest appreciate your support. (for bodies you've purchased)
daleepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 03:13 PM   #51
Tech Addict

ground-round - if forgot to mention this one last thought: what you call "trashing" I call simply "bringing awareness" to the rc race-body aficianado, of a situation that just plain wrong.

Dale Epp - PROTOform
daleepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 07:29 PM   #52
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to ford_racing

I must add to this, protoform bodies are the best bodies I've ever tried, the nemisis is a work of art, I only wish there was a real car out there with those proportions!

I beileve the stratus is a great shell and I just wish there were Galllardos available

the only complaint is the price in the local hobby shops $40 a shell, thats a god 5 hours work for me to afford a body
ford_racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 07:38 PM   #53
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by kidDynomite
Being a graphic designer, I know how Dale feels. I've won three law suits against a small business and two large corporations for stealing or intensionally rebadging/rebranding logos I've created. It's copyright infringment and a violation of intellectual property.

If I was in a discussion with a person or persons and those company names came up, I would not hesitate to state how I feel towards them and their policies. Even if it means loosing a contracted freelance job. I don't buy Titan products because of this issue. Any true artist or inventor stands proud of their work, and for someone to rip it off for profit is just plain BS.

I agree 100%.

Keep up good work, Dale Epp.
sweet wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 06:46 PM   #54
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default Back to the subject

Dale - we couldn't agree with you more. In fact more is what we all want. It would be nice to see Protoform come out with something refreshing and new more often than it is now.

Anyways back to the subject. If it isn't a Titan Blitz body could somebody tell us all what it is? Perhaps someone who knows a Tamiya teammate.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 07:05 PM   #55
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

its a subaru leagacy tamiya are the only one that make them i think
Old 04-21-2005, 07:07 PM   #56
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mark G

i think its a mazda 6
Mark G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 11:10 AM   #57
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Unhappy RC bodies then and now

I just need to put in my 2 cents on this subject.

Its getting to the point where the bodies are so obscure that you couldn't identify it towards a real car!! Some of these bodies can be called a Mazda, Honda, Acura, Stratus or what you but they can also be called something else depending on how you paint it what decals you put on it. In other words, there's nothing distinctive about these bodies to identify it with.

Back when sedan racing started, the whole interest behind it was that it looked like real cars and that is what brought the interest back to RC racing after people got bored of onroad race cars with obscure looking TOJs (what's a TOJ??) or obsure looking oval cars that all looked like Chevy Luminas. BORING!!!

C'mon!! Bring back the realism! Bring back the excitement! Bring out cars that look like the ones we see on TV today!!! Its more fun that way and more fun for the spectators. Rather than a bunch of people looking at it and say" Wha's dat??"

If these bodies don't work well aerodymically, then make it work by adding on some enhancements but not too far that would obscure its look.

If there are licencing issues then something should be done about that. RC racing promotes the image of these cars, which is why they spend millions on race programs to further promote the image of their product. So there shouldn't be any licencing issue. For the car mfg to go after the rc mfg over this is really very petty.

Lastly, overseas mfg that backpour original molds. C'mon where are all the RTRs coming from??? So if the A Team brings over an RTR with a Proline/ Protoform style body is it made in the USA??? Certainly NOT!! And when that same mfg that the A-Team partnered with brings out its own product do they put a different body on it??? Certainly NOT!! You guys had to see that coming.

The entire American mfg industry have been shippinig out our intellectual property for years now all in the name of profit and bringing products at low competitive prices. So who is to blame?? We ALL Are

For instance, would you pay $700 - $800 for a T-Maxx?? Thats how much it would cost if it were made in the USA. A TC3/TC3 RTR, how about $500???

Allright, I'm done. Lets move forward.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote