R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-09-2013, 10:30 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Which on-road car - TC4 TC6 Sprint 2 ?

Hello,
I already searched in the forum, but I am still not sure which care to get. I had an eRevo brushless, but sold it as I was mainly driving it on the street or gras. I than brought a Traxxas Ken Block Rally and have fun with it. Now I am looking for a 2nd car, not sure if my young son or my wife will start racing with me, but there are not too many tracks around (if somebody knows something around the bay area north california please let me know. norcalhobbies seems to be mainly off road).

I initially thought of another Traxxas Rally, but why the same car again. Next was a HPI Sprint 2 flux. Reading through different posts I got interessted into a TC6 or TC6.1, but that seems to be racing car whil I am not sure how often I will really drive to a track. Not sure if it is worth spending that much money, also I read that many recommended a TC4 for starters. Not sure if I am still a starter, but I am for sure not a serious racer. Xray seems to be expensive too.
Checking the local hobby stores they have parts for Traxxas (all), Team Associated, HPI, not sure which other brands.

Right now I am thinking more of a TC4, but some guys mentioned that the shaft drive has issues with very powerful motors. Is this right and what kind of motor would be recommended? The standard seems to be with 17.5T, how low could/should I go? is 10.5 still okay
thank you
espcarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:35 AM   #2
2xs
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If you are just looking for something to race around the street or parking lot,go with the Sprint 2 Flux. The control arms are nearly indestructible. Heck the whole car is nearly indestructible. The TC4 is another good choice. And I wouldn't even consider a TC6 or other high end tour car for street bashing.
2xs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:42 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default I agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xs View Post
If you are just looking for something to race around the street or parking lot,go with the Sprint 2 Flux. The control arms are nearly indestructible. Heck the whole car is nearly indestructible. The TC4 is another good choice. And I wouldn't even consider a TC6 or other high end tour car for street bashing.
I have never had the Sprint 2 Flex but sure it is a great car for steet and sidewalk racing, The TC4 would also be a great platform to build up a good street racer and don't worry about the shaft drive, it will handle any power you give it and should hold up well (With in reason...)

The TC6 platform, racing only platform, would not consider running that car on a sidewalk or road, maybe a really smooth parking lot. Great race platform, not good street/play platform.

Good Luck!
RC America - XRay - Hudy - Maclan Racing - Xpert Servos - Schelle Racing Innovations - AKA Racing Products - DE Racing - Sticky Kicks - Sanwa
JFuel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:23 AM   #4
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

thank you. I think that the HPI Sprint is quite similar to a Traxxas Rally that maybe a TC4 is more interessting to have something different while still for on-road.
espcarino is offline   Reply With Quote