Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UF1 MIDWEST

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 10:59 AM
Tech Adept

i understand giving everyone points to make them feel good, but i myself would like to earn my points by finishing well, i dont want a hand out. If im slow i can concentrate on a heat win or go for fast lap in my heat.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Talking to Pat at hobby stop again. His hours for friday will be from 10am to 8pm for practice and the cost for all day will be $5.00 for practice.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default F1Toledo

With all this discussion I am wondering what racing format are we going to use. I saw all this discussion about pit stops and penalties for not stoping the something about 15 minute runs. Are we going to run qualifiers and mains like regular RC racing?

Thanks Chris
Old 02-12-2013, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigcracing
With all this discussion I am wondering what racing format are we going to use. I saw all this discussion about pit stops and penalties for not stoping the something about 15 minute runs. Are we going to run qualifiers and mains like regular RC racing?

Thanks Chris
No we are still running (1) 3 min qualifier and (3) 15 minute races; most talk was about what should constitute a dropped race and what could be an alternative way to calculate points and there was a question on what the penalty was for a missed pit stop.

Fear not, it’s still UF1 style racing.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I think one of the things everyone is forgetting is that the UF1 RC series is trying to be different than what we all are use to. It is trying to be a little bit closer to 1:1 F1 racing. We all need to finish this season's series up and go through the learning curves to find out what will be the best solution in the end. We also forget that in 1:1 racing there are no marshalls, you crash your are done whether it is your own fault or that of another.

My 1 and only words of input would be to make each 15 minutes session be it's own race instead of adding them together for the day to deternmine the days winner. I think that way if you have a bad race it is not as impactful to your overall series finishing order as adding all 3 races together for your days points. This way may promote more racing and provide a better risk vs reward value. Instead of the throw out days have 9 throw out races which can be a full day if you do not make it to one of the days or a bad race during the day. 4 weekends, 8 race days, 3 races per day = a 24 race series condensed down. There should be a winner for each race round (up to 3 winners a day), at the end of each day you have the series leader and so on. This may be the best way to go for the future but there may be other ways as well.

As far as the curbs of death, I think they really are not named properly. I think they work fantastic and are more forgiving than a hard board. The curbs of death are much closer to a corner on a real track. Just like a real car sometimes you hit them and you come out alright and sometimes you don't. Overall the curbs of death are much more forgiving to your car than a hard board or flapper (how many times have you seen a flapper in real life where a car keeps driving through it).

My final thoughts are Eric and his family run a top notch facility that we are all very lucky to have. It is a privlage to race there. Eric makes racing at The Track fun with all his creative ideas to. Last weekend was a blast and the track layout was challenging and fun.

I want to thank all involved with this series. Everyone else show up with an F1 car and you will have fun.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Final Points

The decision has been made for this past weekends points standings and how they will be awarded going forward.

If I mis-speak I am sure Brad will step in and correct me.

While the original UF1 series on the west coast enables the participants to drop individual rounds, the Midwest Series will allow driver's to drop entire "days",(races which consist of 3 rounds per event equalling 1 day) because it is a traveling series. A driver may "drop" a total of 3 races with your 5 best races out of 8 counting to the overall and cash contingency sponsored by Alpha Property Management.

Points will be issued/calculated with 100 points per round with the fastest winner from all groups being awarded 100 points as per the UF1 website and going down in points by 1 point per position. A 2 point bonus will be awarded to the driver who has the fastest 5 lap average from the 3 minute qualifying session.

It is possible for a driver to win a overall day and the enitre weekend without a win in group racing.

If I have read the rules correctly, as I have been doing since saturday, the attached sheet should reflect the correct points.

This points format, unfortunately, for a traveling series, will require someone at each event to calculate points per round,by day to keep things accurate as the series moves forward.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
UF1 Cali points sytem.pdf (29.9 KB, 184 views)
Old 02-12-2013, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

First off I am a little embarrassed to find out that this thread has been up and running although I havent been spending much time on Tech these days.
With that said. Some of the postings on here are exactly why we didnt take everyones opinion into account to put this together.
This was somewhat of a last minute effort on my part to line up the tracks , and work the schedule around a lot of other racing that is going on.
As far as the drops are concerned, the reason for dropping days has to do with the distance between tracks. In California most of the participants live within 2 hours of the race locations. My drive to Harbor was 6 hours each way, and I know that people came from further out. The idea was that if you couldnt travel to the furthest race then you could use a drop and still have a shot at the prizes, not to get saved from a bad day at the track. Some guys could only race one day this past weekend, so I was trying to help them out as well.
As far as deviating from the UF1 rules
1- As far as I can tell we havent deviated at all, the points tabulation will be finalized and I believe we will do it just like "The Left Coast"
2- There are many reasons for running the Pardus tires
a- They have a product that fits all chassis.
b- They are inexpensive
c- They take out the need for experimentation
d- I have been asked by the owner of the company to help build his brand in the US, I cant think of a better way than to use them in a race series.
3. I had no issues whatsoever with Eric, his staff, layout, etc.. The reason that I asked him to host is that he runs a first class operation.
As far as the curbs, every track should run them. The racing is much better with them, you still need boards to border the straights , but the corners offered a realistiic racing line and you could hang a wheel or two over them without hurting the car.
This type of racing is not for everyone, and quite frankly I dont want everyone to come race it. You can go to any track in the country and run 3 IFMAR qualifiers and a 6 minute main, that isnt what we are going for.
The pit stops were awesome, the racing was fast and competitive in all of the groups, and as the guy that threw this together I couldnt be happier with the outcome. For those of you who weren't there and think you know better, why dont you come run a race before you put in your $.02
Old 02-12-2013, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default UF1 MIDWEST

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
You can go to any track in the country and run 3 IFMAR qualifiers and a 6 minute main, that isnt what we are going for.

Well said! Very well said!

Thanks for your efforts and those at Harbor Hobbies! Wishing the best for the rest of the Series!

Ned
Old 02-12-2013, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Vector03cobra
I am going to be flat out honest an tell you that's the wrong way to do it and it doesnt prompt the series well.

So your saying 3 tracks 2 days 6 races and 50% is the drop rate?

Better would be 2 days drops to promote travel if indeed its 3 tracks
And 6 rounds

They really did get it right (UF1)it's a shame that someone is picking and choosing rules when they clearly lack the experience and knowledge to understand what they are doing

And then to call it UF1

Even more so how important it is to allow the flexibility of rounds an scoring each round as its own thing when people are traveling

You have several very experienced racers saying its not good the uf1 says its not good per there rules Have it right you should follow them

So it's really not UF1 the standard for there series has been thrown out the window
There are 4 race weekends 8 race days so you can still join in and contend
Old 02-12-2013, 07:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Wow

All I asked is what is the format after one race under your belt it sounded like a good race series to compete in, but with the statements made it sounds like investing in two new cars and picking up spec tires I am not wanted there There was some confusion with the other posts I thought I would ask for some simple clarification and what I got was attitude WOW nice way to promote a race I wonder if you run your business like that?
Old 02-12-2013, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

All I asked is what is the format after one race under your belt it sounded like a good race series to compete in, but with the statements made it sounds like investing in two new cars and picking up spec tires I am not wanted there There was some confusion with the other posts I thought I would ask for some simple clarification and what I got was attitude WOW nice way to promote a race I wonder if you run your business like that?
Chris,
Sorry to make you feel that way, believe me none of that was about your questions. There are a lot of people out there who think they can do it better and cant just show up and race to the program that is presented. You are totally welcome at any event that we hold and I hope you will come out and run, last weekend was some great racing. Just to clarify the format will stay the same all the way through: 3minute qualifiers average of 5 fastest laps to set the grid and 3 heads up 15 minute mains.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I really don't think BrAd was giving you or anyone else attitude. I think all he wanted was to put everything to rest so there would be no more speculation for the current series. Like he said he put this together in a very short time frame as well as it is not completely like the west coast UF1 rc series, and that is where some probably were confused.

As for his business you could not find a better person to do business with. His products are top notch and he is fair and very accommodating to all his customers.

Hopefully you will have a chance to come out and race on one of the weekends. The best part of the whole race is that it is completely different from what we are all used to. 45 minutes of heads up racing in a day is awesome. Give it a try I think you will like it.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by f1larry
I really don't think BrAd was giving you or anyone else attitude. I think all he wanted was to put everything to rest so there would be no more speculation for the current series. Like he said he put this together in a very short time frame as well as it is not completely like the west coast UF1 rc series, and that is where some probably were confused.

As for his business you could not find a better person to do business with. His products are top notch and he is fair and very accommodating to all his customers.

Hopefully you will have a chance to come out and race on one of the weekends. The best part of the whole race is that it is completely different from what we are all used to. 45 minutes of heads up racing in a day is awesome. Give it a try I think you will like it.
Thanks Larry, great to see you again at the track, looking forward to TCS in a month
Old 02-12-2013, 08:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default let all bring it down a notch

I don't think that Brad was trying to give you attitude and you shouldn't take it that way. I could take you statement and say that you are trying to start trouble, am I reading you statement wrong? possibly, but I am sure you wouldn't want me to do that now would you, and there is definitely no reason to trash someones business or there race series. If you want to come to the race and have some fun you are more than welcome and will be greeted with open arms and if you don't that's fine to but let's try to keep the negative comments out of this.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

I agree with everyone else brad was not directing his post at you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.