Search
Like Tree167Likes

Tamiya XV-01

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2018, 02:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JJ100179
I would appreciate this very much. Do you have any links or other sources to verify this?

Thanks and best regards,
Michael
when you see Qatmix say something is coming.. you don’t need a link. He is well informed by Tamiya HQ
Old 09-08-2018, 04:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I wonder why they didn't take the opportunity to switch to a different style of A-arms that would fit correctly without needing special shock parts.
Old 09-08-2018, 06:39 PM
Tech Champion

The longer pistons is not a correction or a band aid.. it was a necessary part just like the TC suspensions mounts.

Also they already designed special type of arms and suspension mounts for the Normal XV01. They also have 3 different types of arms for the TC: 416/417 reversible, 418, & 419x... which all can be used on the XV01 if you use the TC suspension arms and longer front pistons. These arms all have race proven geometry.

It would also be costly to make a special set of arms just for the XV01 TC... given that it’s a cross over chassis, most likely on a limited run.

Old 09-08-2018, 09:32 PM
Tech Champion

I wasn't saying they should make special A-arms just for the XV-01TC. Do either the 418 or 419 arms fit without needing longer shock shafts?

I disagree about the longer shock shafts not being a band-aid. The front shocks on the XV-01TC are slanted front-to-rear as well, so there are two different ways they don't fit quite right. If these weren't problems, Tamiya wouldn't have spent the time and money to design a different front shock tower for the FF-04 Evo. As I'm sure you know, the FF-04 Evo shares all of its significant front-end parts with the XV-01 -- except for the front shock tower and the special slightly-longer front shock shafts. Tamiya could've, and I think should've, carried over that special front shock tower to the re-release of the XV-01TC.

That being said, I do appreciate that Tamiya made those special slightly-longer shock shafts, because they have enabled me to fit all 5 of my HPI Nitro RS4s with TRF shocks.

Last edited by fyrstormer; 09-09-2018 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-09-2018, 03:44 AM
Tech Adept

Default Okay...

Originally Posted by Raman

when you see Qatmix say something is coming.. you don’t need a link. He is well informed by Tamiya HQ
...then everything will be fine! 😁
I hope that it will be available in Germany for a reasonable price.
Thanks,
Michael
Old 09-09-2018, 12:09 PM
Tech Champion

I'm sure it will be. Germany is where half of my Tamiya parts come from.
Old 09-10-2018, 05:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by fyrstormer
Do either the 418 or 419 arms fit without needing longer shock shafts?

Nope.. shock holes vary between the 418 and 419x. 419x arms were designed to use with 05G blocks which are very wide for carpet racing.. wide front aides in making the car more calm on high grip surfaces.

Back to XV01. Most of us run the car with the standard arms and the long shock ends. If you set up the car with the shorter shock end, you will notice that front ride height with the standard shock pistons is actually very limited. If memory serves me well, you can barely reach 5mm. So in part the longer pistons that come with the TC version are to address this. M06 for instance also uses longer pistons in the back for reaching proper clearance.

As for the shock angle.. the wider TC style arms allow the shocks to be more laid down in front which aides in TC racing, especially with a car that has so much front weight bias... so again the longer pistons offer an advantage.

As for the shock angle from front to back.. you adjust that with spacers.... tamiya even has a specific one for shocks. My 419x uses 1mm in back and if I run a shorter wheelbase, I have to go up to 2 mm.

If the FF EVo 4 does have a different front tower . I’m sure you can opt for that part for the XV.

Anyhow, as Qatmix mentioned .. this is a rerelease with no changes as Tamiya is known to do
4roller likes this.

Last edited by Raman; 10-29-2018 at 09:04 PM.
Old 09-11-2018, 04:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Qatmix
I do not know if you guys are aware, but Tamiya is re-releasing the XV-01 TC pro again. No changes but it is good to see it available (Nov)
If this is true, I will be a very happy puppy around Christmas time!
Old 09-11-2018, 09:31 AM
Tech Champion

Nope.. shock holes vary between the 418 and 419x. 419x arms were designed to use with 05G blocks which are very wide for carpet racing.. wide front aides is making the car more calm on high grip surfaces.

Back to XV01. Most of us run the car with the standard arms and the long shock ends. If you set up the car with the shorter shock end, you will notice that front ride height with the standard shock pistons is actually very limited. If memory serves me well, you can barely reach 5mm. So in part the longer pistons that come with the TC version are to address this. M06 for instance also uses longer pistons in the back for reaching proper clearance.

As for the shock angle.. the wider TC style arms allow the shocks to be more laid down in front which aides in TC racing, especially with a car that has so much front weight bias... so again the longer pistons offer an advantage.

As for the shock angle from front to back.. you adjust that with spacers.... tamiya even has a specific one for shocks. My 419x uses 1mm in back and if I run a shorter wheelbase, I have to go up to 2 mm.

If the FF EVo 4 does have a different front tower . I’m sure you can opt for that part for the XV.

Anyhow, as Qatmix mentioned .. this is a rerelease with no changes as Tamiya is known to do
We are not talking about the same things. I will show you pictures of my XV-01TC chassis, in factory-stock configuration, when I get home tonight.
Old 09-29-2018, 08:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by rc-samurai
Hi There, my XV-01 carbon chassis is made by a small RC parts development workshop in Hong Kong. All their stuff just made with very small volume, and this xv01 carbon chassis is no exception. I believe i bought their the last 1 at the end of 2014 on the HK rc forum, and it was the only place they sell that stuff.

You may find a bit more detail at for sale section.
Hi Would you please let me know which website or contact I can buy this carbon chassis for XV-01 TC Pro? Thanks
Old 10-24-2018, 04:11 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ejtnt
If this is true, I will be a very happy puppy around Christmas time!
here we go:

http://www.rcmart.com/tamiya-58558-x...cPath=420_1182

Michael
Old 10-24-2018, 05:04 AM
Tech Addict

This is very interesting, ff04 evo shock tower. When I had done my xv-01 -> xv-01tc conversion, I did have to use longer damper ends to make up for the loss of ride height. I actually built longer dampers using standard 55mm damper shock body, but with buggy piston rods from some random Tamiya chassis I found. This is because I wanted more droop. I've since converted my xv-01 back to rally style with long dampers.

My xv-01tc-rally was pretty amazing albeit very modified to increase droop. Lots of things were shaved. The longer arms and wider stance helped much to make the car settled. But I have found the long damper spec towers with big bore shocks on stock suspension to be more beneficial and durable than my TC rally setup. For me that whole conversation process was a very good learning experience to understand suspension geometries and all the wonderful interchangeable parts that Tamiya gives us to experiment with.

I still run my xv-01. Like most of you I am sure we all still enjoy it.

The idea of the xv-01tc pro being rereleased is cool. I know when I was looking for a chassis to start rc'ing again I had my eye on that one, though it was already discontinued.

​​​​​​This chassis is still my go-to for multi surface bashing.

Old 10-24-2018, 05:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Qatmix
I do not know if you guys are aware, but Tamiya is re-releasing the XV-01 TC pro again. No changes but it is good to see it available (Nov)
Cool to hear. Is it a better on-road car than it is an off-road car?
Old 10-24-2018, 05:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
Cool to hear. Is it a better on-road car than it is an off-road car?
I don't think so. The XV01 is a great rally car but for on-road...

there are more Tamiya kits better made for on-road at the same price (or even cheaper).
Old 10-24-2018, 08:31 AM
Tech Champion

It's not an amazing on-road car, but it's a pretty good on-road car, and it has the ground clearance to actually drive on dirty pavement.
michaels tc likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.