Like Tree35Likes

Tamiya XV-01

Old 02-28-2018, 12:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jmracer86 View Post
What are you guys running for brushless motors and esc's that's waterproof? I am currently running a Novak edge 2s esc with an Orca TX 17.5 brushless sensored motor but would like to upgrade to something I can play with in the rain and snow. I don't want to go brushed and keep the power similar to a 17.5 motor or even a 13.5. Bonus if it fits in the electronics box as I like to keep my builds tidy.
I am planning to convert my brushed setup to a Hobbywing ezrun max10 combo with a 3300kv setup when my funds allow it.
http://hobbywing.com/goods.php?id=57....0.0.0.0.0.0.0

If you are using an esc with a fan you might have to remove one of the electronics section covers. Since the stuff is waterproof, it shouldn't matter.
Old 02-28-2018, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ejtnt View Post
I think you have some info wrong there. According to the hobbywing website this is not the case.

QuicRun 10BL60/120 Sensored_Car Systems_HOBBYWING | Welcome to Brushless System Trends -
I’m going off their site as well..

See here:

https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/collections/quicrun-brushless-system

Features

Water-proof and dust-proof for all-weather races.

Want to drive during tough weather like pro racers? With our QucRUN brushless series, you no longer need a traditional waterproofing box. Our ESC is completely waterproofed so that you can save not only space in a compartment but also the weight of the vehicle.

——

Now if that particular model is not waterproof.. then that’s false advertising on their part
Old 02-28-2018, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

This is from the product page

Dust-proof for all-weather races.

1/10 & 1/12 On-road / Off-road / F1 / Drift car race
Street race for fun / Club racing / STOCK race with 0 timing / Drift car race

https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/products/quicrun-10-sensored?variant=710246737
Old 03-01-2018, 01:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Raman View Post
I’m going off their site as well..

See here:

https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/coll...ushless-system

Features

Water-proof and dust-proof for all-weather races.

Want to drive during tough weather like pro racers? With our QucRUN brushless series, you no longer need a traditional waterproofing box. Our ESC is completely waterproofed so that you can save not only space in a compartment but also the weight of the vehicle.

——

Now if that particular model is not waterproof.. then that’s false advertising on their part
Sorry my mistake. There are two different products with similar names which what had me confused. The naming on the website where your links come from is not exactly the same with the naming from the website I am posting from.

There are two models:
10BL60 SD / 10BL60 Sensored --> Not waterproof
10BL60 / WP 10BL60 --> Waterproof

Point is, Hobbywing makes very nice products, and the waterproof stuff, has been really waterproof for me. As in, I have fully submerged stuff and they kept working without issues.
Old 03-01-2018, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Has anyone ever found additional bodies that fit with zero front overhang, like the Lancia Delta body does? Occasionally I think it would be nice to have a different rally car body (maybe one with real headlight buckets), but I want to be able to run the hard front bumper from the XV-01T, and the Lancia Delta body is the only body I know will fit behind the hard bumper.
Old 03-02-2018, 01:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
Has anyone ever found additional bodies that fit with zero front overhang, like the Lancia Delta body does? Occasionally I think it would be nice to have a different rally car body (maybe one with real headlight buckets), but I want to be able to run the hard front bumper from the XV-01T, and the Lancia Delta body is the only body I know will fit behind the hard bumper.
I am not entirely sure what you mean with zero overhang, but I had a killerbody Evo X that was a very snug fit. There was no gap between the body and the fron bumper. I think the Tamiya Evo X is similar in dimensions but since I have seen you have had that body on your DF-03, should I assume it does not clear the bumper?
Old 03-02-2018, 04:21 AM
Tech Elite

What I'm looking for is a body that fits correctly without any foam bumper at all.
Old 03-02-2018, 05:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
What I'm looking for is a body that fits correctly without any foam bumper at all.
Ok I see your point. I have no concrete answers but I think it would be interesting to investigate some of the bodies that came with the FF chassis. The FF-02 in particular seems to have the shortest front bumper. The Castrol Honda Civic(51421) and the VW scirroco look like potential candidates. Potentially the Suzuki SX4, VW golf gti (51339) and Honda CR Z could also look like candidates.

The older VW golfs (V5 and VR6) would probably be even closer, but they are a bit harder to find and a bit pricy.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:14 AM
Tech Adept

I have been considering buying all the necessary parts to convert my XV-01 pro to a pro TC, but it looks like the cost is a lot higher than what I expected. As a matter of fact it is so high that I would rather have a second XV-01 in the tc version, but I cannot seem to find any available everywhere I look.

If you are interested in selling one, just give me a PM.
Old 03-13-2018, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora La Reina de Los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula, California, Unites States of America
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

haven't had a chance to run my XV01 but am wondering, does the front motor weight bias help for rally/loose surfaces? how would a TC work in loose surfaces with its more balanced setup?
Old 03-13-2018, 09:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by lagcisco View Post
haven't had a chance to run my XV01 but am wondering, does the front motor weight bias help for rally/loose surfaces? how would a TC work in loose surfaces with its more balanced setup?

The xv-01 tends to be a little more tail happy. Pivoting from the nose. Where a TC car with a center mount motor will rotate around its center. It's not as obvious on the street unless you are doing slalom or driving on dusty streets with bad tires.
lagcisco likes this.
Old 03-14-2018, 12:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by lagcisco View Post
Modified TC works better for rally racing. XV-01 is more fun for rally bashing ;-)
Old 03-16-2018, 09:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Anyone using the TA BB 12mm springs?

If there is, what is the length of the rear & front springs?
Old 03-16-2018, 02:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by airbiscuit View Post
Anyone using the TA BB 12mm springs?

If there is, what is the length of the rear & front springs?
Yes, I do, the shorter ones (44 or 45mm). The longer ones are too long even for my already-quite-long 85mm TA shocks.
Old 03-16-2018, 06:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by haplm View Post
Yes, I do, the shorter ones (44 or 45mm). The longer ones are too long even for my already-quite-long 85mm TA shocks.
So I believe the shorter ones are the front spring sets right?

And yes, what is the differences between 1 way set & the spool? I know there is a 1 way set for the xv. The TA06 for example, got both.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service