Fake Tamiya 417 vs Sakura Zero S >

Fake Tamiya 417 vs Sakura Zero S

Fake Tamiya 417 vs Sakura Zero S

Old 04-25-2012, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Default Fake Tamiya 417 vs Sakura Zero S

I know this can be silly question but anyway,
They are about the same pricewise. Which one would you get?
Old 04-25-2012, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by snuvet75
I know this can be silly question but anyway,
They are about the same pricewise. Which one would you get?
sakura for sure then you don't got to worry about cheap plastic or if the parts from the actual 417 work on it (it may sound wierd but sometimes a lot of parts dont actually work from each car to the other), the sakura you know that there are parts specifically for it and they are usually pretty cheap (this is my opinion)
Old 04-25-2012, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by rcduder
sakura for sure then you don't got to worry about cheap plastic or if the parts from the actual 417 work on it (it may sound wierd but sometimes a lot of parts dont actually work from each car to the other), the sakura you know that there are parts specifically for it and they are usually pretty cheap (this is my opinion)
Here's another question for you then. Sakura XI HD edition vs other well known touring cars. Would you rather spend more to get x-ray/TC/Tamiya than get Sakura XI at cheaper price? I guess my question is is Sakura XI worth the money?
Old 04-25-2012, 05:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snuvet75
Here's another question for you then. Sakura XI HD edition vs other well known touring cars. Would you rather spend more to get x-ray/TC/Tamiya than get Sakura XI at cheaper price? I guess my question is is Sakura XI worth the money?
Sakura XI is a good car, just has not won any big championship races because 3racing does not really have much of a champion race team. They have testers and prototypers, but nobody that youll see in the A main at the worlds this year most likely. I have seen them do well, however, i dont think you can go wrong with a tamiya or xray. My personal favorite is tamiya just because i like blue, and its what i won my first race with. I run xray because it is what is supported and ran most around the world
Old 04-25-2012, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE
Sakura XI is a good car, just has not won any big championship races because 3racing does not really have much of a champion race team. They have testers and prototypers, but nobody that youll see in the A main at the worlds this year most likely. I have seen them do well, however, i dont think you can go wrong with a tamiya or xray. My personal favorite is tamiya just because i like blue, and its what i won my first race with. I run xray because it is what is supported and ran most around the world
+1 to that , the sakura xi is a great car and will do you just as much good in racing as any other touring cars, there just isnt any of em that really make it to worlds, but in club racing and local events its really about how the car is setup and the driver the worlds is the best drivers form everywhere and all the top companies so mostly that is why you never really see this company there, there's just not room for em but a sakura zero s with xi shocks and your good to go man you cant get any better of a deal then that on a more then capable touring car and also you will have extra money to spend on tires and a body needed and extra parts possibly as well
Old 04-26-2012, 06:34 AM
Tech Master

Again one for the Sakura. Although I would be interested in seeing a fake 417! I have seen a 416 fake but didnt know they were doing 417's now.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Never buy a fake car.....
Old 04-26-2012, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

For the money, I'd get a TC6.1 over the Sakura XI.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:11 PM
gom
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

definitely sakura. why buy a fake when you can buy a legit car for the same price?

a guy in my club drives a sakura zero. and he is really fast. beats a few 417s and xray's etc.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by silvalis
For the money, I'd get a TC6.1 over the Sakura XI.
From what I have seen the tc6 lacks durability. Too many guys at our track are breaking them while the sakura and xray cars always finish.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

definitely zero s. It's cheap but it's well made, you may not have that much of aluminum or carbon fiber(suppose fake 417 use aluminum and carbon fiber).
but as it is, a stock zero S, you are basically track ready, with good enough quality. It doesn't need anything to work, and you can keep your setup on your way to a zero. Perhaps upgrade turnbuckles and shock will make it better, and you can upgrade when you crash hard and break anything, with nice price.

a fake 417 will probably have some crappy carbon fiber and crappy aluminum(seriously with this price you can't expect much). it may break easily requiring you keep buying expensive original parts for "repair". and with the high quality ones on, you will need to redo all your setup to make the car work again.

*little tip, sakura zero s + upgrade to sakura zero cost around the same as a new sakura zero. It's weird, probably because tamiya is not.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 6376vette
From what I have seen the tc6 lacks durability. Too many guys at our track are breaking them while the sakura and xray cars always finish.
or the guy driving tc6 crashes a lot?
I believe it's more of a part support problem. 3racing has 2 or 3 suppliers in the US, at least 2 of them are in southern California. If I live around a supplier, I wouldn't hesitate to get a sakura. But if I live somewhere else where the track has good tc6 part support, I'd tends to go for tc6 because it's cheaper when shipping is considered, and much faster when you just want some little parts.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

We have a heap of Sakura Zero S cars in our club. We use them in their own control class and its great for beginners. Its amazing how durable they are We have a number of drivers under the age of 12 driving them and if you had seen some of the crashes they have had you would be wondering why they havent destroyed their cars

I dont know what your racing experience is like but if you are just getting into the hobby I would suggest you go with the Sakura. The Sakura Zero S is a tough little car and a perfect starting point for getting into RC racing.

Simon
Old 04-26-2012, 03:13 PM
Tech Regular

i raced the sakura xi and it was a great car, only problem is that the plastic in the suspension is crap, i broke 2 arms , one c hub and a steering spindle on it, and it wasnt full speed crashes. switched to a xray foam bumper, c hubs and steering blocks and the car was fine again. this was with 17.5 heavily boosted, but if you are racing in slower blinky classes, which seems to be the popular choice in usa then it will hold up alot better in and a bumper change would be the only necessary upgrade.

switched to a tc6.1 in february, have done full speed crashes with it and nothing has been broken yet, plus that i was faster with the tc6.1 from the first time on the track, and that compared to a car that i have been racing all winter and been testing alot of stuff on.

both cars are great so pick one and race, the sakura has a more neutral handling and is super easy to drive, the tc6.1 is also very easy to drive but a little more aggresive than the sakura (which i like) i like the balance in the tc6 more, more rear traction and tons more steering than the sakura
if you are on a tight budget i recommend the sakura s
Old 04-26-2012, 03:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 6376vette
For what its worth I have several weeks of track time on my TC6.1 and haven't broken a part yet (though I'm sure I've just jinxed myself).

Edit: I take that back, I broke a rear blade when my turnbuckle popped loose once.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.