Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
SP Reventon Pro + SP 5.5T Brushless - HELP! >

SP Reventon Pro + SP 5.5T Brushless - HELP!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SP Reventon Pro + SP 5.5T Brushless - HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 09:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Angry SP Reventon Pro + SP 5.5T Brushless - HELP!

hey people, i recently switched the polarity on my lipo by accident while plugged into the esc & now I'm facing some problems.. (obviously)

after the esc smoked up a little bit, i quickly disconnected the battery, waited for it to cool down & plugged it all back in properly to see if it was ok.

this is what has been happening since..

* while the sensor cable is plugged in, motor doesn't accelerate. tried turning it a bit with my fingers & motor started operating in reverse.

* removed sensor cable. motor accelerates normally in the proper direction. give it a rest & then you need to use your fingers to turn it just to get it started up again.

I don't have another motor to test & see if the esc is still ok or not but the motor i have hand turns quite freely so i don't see how that could be the issue.

is anyone able to shed some light on this & let me know if you have experienced the same problem if not something similar? many thanks!
Old 01-03-2013, 10:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Looks like you have released the magic smoke and the ESC is DOA. Motor is probably ok though. I doubt the warranty covers reverse polarity situations. I would contact your Speedpassion distributor for out of warranty repair or replacement.

Last edited by thunderbt3; 01-03-2013 at 10:57 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:13 AM
Tech Initiate

You don't need more than a sec to kill your esc with reverse polarity
Old 01-03-2013, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

The ESC is Done! Contact Speed Passion, they may get you in a refurbed one... Worth a shot.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Once the magic blue smoke is released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM0a4HKZ-ps

Cheers
Rob.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:36 PM
Tech Adept

I will get right on to contacting them. What I don't understand is though, why would the ESC still be able to turn on with the according lights? I plugged it into the PC & it still picks it up perfect & i'm able to adjust everything & update the firmware along with being able to use the program card..
Old 01-03-2013, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sakura87
I will get right on to contacting them. What I don't understand is though, why would the ESC still be able to turn on with the according lights? I plugged it into the PC & it still picks it up perfect & i'm able to adjust everything & update the firmware along with being able to use the program card..
You probably blew a fet or cap inside... not a total loss but it will never work properly. Contact SP they might be able to fix it or replace it with a referb.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:17 AM
Tech Adept

I bought it from RC Mart so I'll be sending it back to them. Thanks anyway guys!
Old 01-04-2013, 10:32 AM
Tech Adept

Speed Passion has an Australia store now I think.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:45 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah they have an Australian warehouse but don't do warranty repairs. Sucks but ahh well. Need to send it off & wait it out now man.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sakura87

* while the sensor cable is plugged in, motor doesn't accelerate. tried turning it a bit with my fingers & motor started operating in reverse.

* removed sensor cable. motor accelerates normally in the proper direction. give it a rest & then you need to use your fingers to turn it just to get it started up again.

Your ESC have been damaged. Next time, try to use the other sensor cable if you have this issue. I suggest you to use a new sensor cable if you get back a new ESC.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:25 PM
Tech Adept

Will do. Need to make sure that I eliminate all problems as I need to ESC to compete in races.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:28 AM
Tech Rookie

hI,

I have the same problem actually. I misplaced polarity of my battery. But not until i turn on, just until i plugged esc to batt, esc was still turned off..then after that i quicly change back polarity, when i turn esc on..nothing happen..i tried to connect to my pc, there is still connection, and still i can change setting. But motor won't run...anyone probably have any idea what was going on ?..thanks
Old 08-16-2013, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 3line
hI,

I have the same problem actually. I misplaced polarity of my battery. But not until i turn on, just until i plugged esc to batt, esc was still turned off..then after that i quicly change back polarity, when i turn esc on..nothing happen..i tried to connect to my pc, there is still connection, and still i can change setting. But motor won't run...anyone probably have any idea what was going on ?..thanks
Yes. Your ESC is damaged and needs to be replaced/fixed.
Old 02-25-2016, 03:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Help were to send esc for repair?

Can any one help me speed passion Reventon 1.1EX just stopped working. I'v had it for a year or two so were do I send it for repair? I'm in the U.K. .
I'v don't all I can with it pc and wires and motor rx so just need to no were to send it.