R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-13-2005, 04:11 PM   #16
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I race on quite a few different surfaces. Tight, bumpy, low grip parkinglot tracks to perfectly smooth, high grip purpose built RC Tracks.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 04:19 PM   #17
Tech Initiate

I Race in europe and more people tend to go for a softer wheels over a hard wheel, may be due to the colder weather as it makes the rim slightly stiffer.

Whats your views on shocks and diaphram, have you played with the foam compensators? We've been trying to work out what happens if you replace the foams with "o" rings or not running anything apart from the diaphram?
TheGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 04:25 PM   #18
Tech Champion

I've used both foam and orings in the bladders of TRF shocks. Honestly I haven't noticed any difference.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:37 PM   #19
Tech Initiate

All i found is that the car is a little smoother with the o rings but only in the rear!

What you said about chassis flex is worth mentioning, ive been running a softer chassis on my car and i've found it fine, im now thinking of going back to the stock 2.5mm chassis as it seems to make the the car more sensitive to changes in setup as the suspension is doing the work as opposed to the chassis.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:48 PM   #20
Tech Champion

What car do you run? I've got both a stock 2mm chassis Mi2 and a new 2.5mm BMI2 at the moment. I've been testing them both back to back and am still working with the BMi2 to get a really good setup on it. It's definitely changed the setup from what I've got on the stock car for most tracks but I think with a little work, It'll be even faster for just that reason. Not to mention everything is closer to the center line which allows it to transition much better than the wider more flexible stock chassis. One thing that I may end up using though as a tuning aid is putting the stock upper deck on the car to allow just a touch more flex. But that'd be a last resort for fine tuning.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:00 PM   #21
Tech Initiate

I run a pro4, i know that most people seem to be running a 2mm chassis but i'm not convinced that its better or not? I'll try running two cars with the exact same set up and see what feels best, that's probebly the only way to find out!
Old 04-13-2005, 05:09 PM   #22
Tech Champion

When I did that with the Mi2, the BMI car felt a little too sketchy. I'm working on softening the suspension and keeping the balance at the same time. It's coming around.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:23 AM   #23
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by A-Ko

Chassis and handling stuff. Martin Crisp has a whole book on it. I could not find his website but seems they published a book on his info.
Martin Crisp's book can be found @ xxxmain.com. If you are pretty much new to setting up a chassis, this is the perfect book to get. It is very informative and provides you with easy to use charts which provides u with fixes for 6 senarios. Loose off-power, loose on-power, push off-power, push on-power, push neutral-power, and loose neutral-power. I'd say its a must have in any pit-box. I happen to know Martin personally too, and his car is always "glued" to the track.
Toodeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 12:01 PM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to A-Ko

I have gotten to know Martin little by little each year. I think I have his V2 book before xxxmain. Always a nice guys and very helpfull.
USVTA National Points Member #101
A-Ko is offline   Reply With Quote