Wiki Posts
Search

Need Suggestions For A 1/10 Electric Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 08:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Need Suggestions For A 1/10 Electric Touring Car

I am getting back into the hobby after being out since the days of gold pan RC10s and graphite RC12Ls. I'm looking to pick up a touring car so I can possibly get back into the racing scene, there are a lot of choices out there. I don't need the latest and greatest, just something I can be competitive with. I used to be great at setting my cars up, but a lot of things change in 25 years. I don't have a hobby shop with a track 10 minutes away like I did when I was a kid, but also didn't have the internet to ask racers what they're running. I like the way the Associated TC series look, but I'm virtually new to everything again. I see some good prices on the older TC3s and TC4s but don't know how competitive they are. From my full scale racing, I know how easy it is for stuff to be outdated and uncompetitive after just a few years. Once I get back into it full swing, I will likely upgrade to a new model, but I want to get my feet wet again first. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

See what your local racers are using, and maybe find a used roller that way. Buy what your local shops carry parts for, but don't expect them to have parts for a much older model (like the tc3). Good Luck!!!