R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-26-2012, 09:11 AM   #1
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)
Default CEFX, anyone have issues with them shipping?

I purchased a rotor from CEFX on December 16th.

www.cefxspeedshop.com

It was supposed to ship via priority mail and according to CEFX they would send me a notice when that happened, which hasn't been sent.

I saw the message about snowbirds, was curious if anyone else knows if they are unavailable around this time to ship? was hoping to have the items this week which is why I order last sunday.

Thanks for any help!
Old 12-26-2012, 09:25 AM   #2
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I know they just formed a partnership of sorts with viper r/c. I don't know if that would be delaying anything or not.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:15 AM   #3
Tech Legend

yeah saw that. hopefully they will get back to me this week ...
Old 12-26-2012, 10:30 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nikos2002

Cain, just so you know. Josh just returned from a week long trip to the Far East for Viper right before the holidays. So it might be slightly delayed. Especially of you ordered something he may have to cut. Just guessing.
Sponsored By: Spektrum RC, Horizon Hobby, TLR, Maclan Racing, J Concepts
nikos2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:39 AM   #5
Tech Legend

thanks for the heads up!
Old 12-26-2012, 05:57 PM   #6
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

With all the traveling, deals, holidays and mergers going on over there, it could take same time but I have never known Josh to never ship something. I know the waiting sux but it will show up.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:01 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 217 (100%+)

This off the CEFX thread on Hobbytalk!!!

Hello everyone. Yep, it's been a bit since I've been up here but with my own reasons. As you see from the link posted, I am no longer the owner of CEFX. The company was actually purchased over a month ago and since I've been working with Viper on the future of the company as well as all the ongoing logistics.

I spent the better part of 2 weeks over in Taiwan and Thailand for some Viper product development as well as setting up the foundation for the future of CEFX production and product line. Before you throw your hands in the air that it's not made in the US, all the CEFX aluminum has been China or Hong Kong made for the past several years. After seeing the capabilities and quality that now roll out of the factory in Taiwan I am extremely confident the quality will be better than anything CEFX previously had.

In a few weeks, the current CEFX site will be gone and a new one will be put in its place as it will be 100% managed from Seatle. CEFX orders will no longer ship from us here in Michigan. We will set a cut off date for the transition for orders to be filled by us here (not known quite yet). Viper is much more on top of its game when it comes to shipping and customer support than us here so I am sure everyone will be happy with the coming changes.

For the oval cars, all of the kits themselves have been discontinued - However, we will continue to support the parts for racers still using those cars so there shouldn't be any worries there. Lithium, Balius and Xanthos parts will continue to have parts support.

In regards to CEFX oval cars, there is no immediate plans to create any new 1/10 or 1/12 oval cars at this time. It may be considered at a later date but for the 2012/2013 season there will be no new developments from CEFX for the oval market.

In regards to current orders - If you would like a refund, please just send us an e-mail and we will get it done. If you still would like the product, I will be cutting this weekend and next week to catch up orders and start to build inventory to be shipped to Seatle.
Andy Koback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:58 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

I ordered a motor also but even further back, 12/10, I had sent a couple of emails with no response and was just about to file with PP. But out of the blue today I received a notice of shipment, so hopefully you will also very soon.

CMDezigns Paint Works
https://www.facebook.com/pages/CM-Dezigns/259989190822177?ref=hl
chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:15 PM   #9
Tech Legend

hopefully that will be the case here. I ordered a Speed Passion Super 7 12.5mm rotor .
Old 12-26-2012, 08:19 PM   #10
Tech Master

Sorry guys, I left for overseas on Dec 7th and when I got back the holidays and travel caught up with me and I've been sick te first time in a year. I have graphite to cut but I thought Angel shipped all orders otherwise. It wasn't until Smyka sent me a txt did I ask her and with her uncle passing, she hasn't looked at any new orders since I left. I thought she stayed on top of the orders. Sorry again, I will make sure they ship immediately.

This is one of the key things that will change with Viper taking over. CEFX's 2 person show gets real rough when illness, family or travel get in the way. Hit them all at once and you guys want to strangle us for not getting product out. 2 more weeks and this should be a thing of the past.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:15 AM   #11
Tech Regular

Josh just returned from a week long trip to the Far East for Viper right before the holidays.

caaraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:25 AM   #12
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul View Post
Sorry guys, I left for overseas on Dec 7th and when I got back the holidays and travel caught up with me and I've been sick te first time in a year. I have graphite to cut but I thought Angel shipped all orders otherwise. It wasn't until Smyka sent me a txt did I ask her and with her uncle passing, she hasn't looked at any new orders since I left. I thought she stayed on top of the orders. Sorry again, I will make sure they ship immediately.

This is one of the key things that will change with Viper taking over. CEFX's 2 person show gets real rough when illness, family or travel get in the way. Hit them all at once and you guys want to strangle us for not getting product out. 2 more weeks and this should be a thing of the past.
Thanks for the heads up Josh. Could you possible comment on 2013 plans for the 1/12th and WGT on-road cars?

I have a couple outstanding questions sent via email as well, so hopefully things will start clearing up for you here soon so you can find some time to ship product and respond to inquiries. Thanks again for all of the help, I hope you and the family feel better soon!

Destiny | LRP America | Protoform | Xenon/JFT | Gravity RC | Motiv | Sanwa | Max.FX
LloydLoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:32 PM   #13
Tech Legend

anyone have an actual contact phone number for them?
Old 01-17-2013, 08:21 AM   #14
Tech Legend

got my item in the condition expected. Looks like they have a variety of stuff on ebay right now, hopefully it ships out in a more timely manner or if it can't, some contact is made stating such.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:13 AM   #15
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
got my item in the condition expected. Looks like they have a variety of stuff on ebay right now, hopefully it ships out in a more timely manner or if it can't, some contact is made stating such.
Where do you see CEFX stuff on ebay? I can only find some random bearings for the Balius and then a metric tonne of model railroad cars.

I was under the impression that Josh was shipping stock to Viper right now and slowly taking items off of the CEFX website. I believe the last date to order from the CEFX website is the 19th.

Destiny | LRP America | Protoform | Xenon/JFT | Gravity RC | Motiv | Sanwa | Max.FX
LloydLoar is offline   Reply With Quote