Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exotek hotbodies tc chassis

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 11:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Exotek hotbodies tc chassis

Anyone have good instruction on the exotek hotbodies tc chassis my holes not align right as I'm putting it on the new chassis from old chassis where can I go for further help thxs
Old 12-23-2012, 01:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tc3 racer sc
Anyone have good instruction on the exotek hotbodies tc chassis my holes not align right as I'm putting it on the new chassis from old chassis where can I go for further help thxs
Have you bought the right chassis?

when I bought the Exotek TCX chassis for my TCX it fitted perfectly.

If you are having a problem go back to where you bought the chassis or try Exotek direct
Old 12-23-2012, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Same here!

I did convert my old Cyclone TC to Exotek and no problem, and the same with my TCX... No problem at all...

The only problem is that the naming of their chassis could be confusing (it seems they have been changed, due to the new TCXX car...)

So if you have a Cyclone TC, you can mount a HBX chassis:
http://www.exotekracing.com/cyclone-...sis-w-cf-cups/

And if you have a Cyclone TCX, you can mount a TCX-XS chassis:
http://www.exotekracing.com/tcx-xs-extra-soft-chassis/

There was a TCX-XH (xtra-hard) chassis kit, but it seems to have been removed from their site...

Hope this helps...
Old 12-23-2012, 07:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

trying not to hi jack anybody's thread but since its a topic about the tcx exotek chassis might as well try it here. Has anyone tried to compare exotek xs to the narrow tcx hb chassis? or better yet is there a thread about exotek chassis in genereal or a question and answer thread by exotek ( mike r) himself? Thanks and Merry Christmas to everyone.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I did some of the initial testing on the Exotek chassis for the TCX. In comparison to the optional narrow HB chassis, I found it creates a more stable car with more rear grip. The HB chassis makes the car more reactive and aggressive overall. For lower traction or unpredictable conditions (unprepared parking lot tracks, cold conditions, inconsistent carpet), I prefered the Exotek chassis.

For more prepared racing surfaces, I usually chose the optional HB chassis. It's stiffer, and seems to change the balance of the car to have more initial bite, and transition better.

Now with that said, I have not been keeping up to date on Mike's latest offerings from Exotek. All of his products are great though .

-Korey
Old 12-23-2012, 05:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
I did some of the initial testing on the Exotek chassis for the TCX. In comparison to the optional narrow HB chassis, I found it creates a more stable car with more rear grip. The HB chassis makes the car more reactive and aggressive overall. For lower traction or unpredictable conditions (unprepared parking lot tracks, cold conditions, inconsistent carpet), I prefered the Exotek chassis.

For more prepared racing surfaces, I usually chose the optional HB chassis. It's stiffer, and seems to change the balance of the car to have more initial bite, and transition better.

Now with that said, I have not been keeping up to date on Mike's latest offerings from Exotek. All of his products are great though .

-Korey
thanks for info I got so frustrated with the holes not lining up I just kept my old chassis I run it at the birds till I get my tcx
Old 12-24-2012, 03:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

thanks for info I got so frustrated with the holes not lining up I just kept my old chassis I run it at the birds till I get my tcx
you sure you got the right conversion? I never had a problem with my TC lining up to a HBX
Old 12-24-2012, 06:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Exclamation

why don't you shoot a picture of the car chassis and the chassis itself then post it here.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I know that's in french, but maybe you can use pictures and/or google translate...

And the full article link:
http://www.ermcgs.com/?p=296

That's something I wrote months ago, when I got my Exotek TCXX chassis (The first Exotek kit was named TCXX, but they decide to remove it and release TCX-XS and TCX-XH when HotBodies announced TCXX kit...)

This TCX-X chassis is between the TCX-XS and the TCX-XH chassis available now...

Hope this helps...
Old 12-24-2012, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

the one on the left is the first version os the HBX for the Cyclone TC. The second version had the option to flip belts and extra flex for the motor mount.

The chassis on the right is also the first version of Exotek chassis for the TCXX. New versions are XS and XH

I can see how the OP could have gotten confused and might have purchased the wrong one with so many versions of chassis for two very different cars.

Exotek
Cylone TC had 2 conversions
TCXX has 3 conversions