Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 02:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

RsageD, if go a lower FDR you usually make it hotter. What temp is hot? You using a temp gauge or your finger? And stock gearing is a 68 spur and 36 pinion. So 4.72. What are the other guys at the track running?
Old 07-08-2011, 03:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by wollow86
RsageD, if go a lower FDR you usually make it hotter. What temp is hot? You using a temp gauge or your finger? And stock gearing is a 68 spur and 36 pinion. So 4.72. What are the other guys at the track running?
The other guys at the track is running about the same but 17.5 motor. So i am looking for a 17.5 now... it still overheats. temp is at 137f.

where do you play?
Old 08-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Tech Addict

Bringing this thread back to life.

Going back into on-road touring and was planning on getting the new Sakura XI.

But I dug out my old Tf-5 just for kicks to see how it would hold up against the competition.

Missed the weekend race because of work but made it to the track today. Car looks competitive in terms of speed on the track but handling was horrible, granted I was using worn out 3yr old tyres lol.

Fell in love with it again and scratched plans to buy a new car.

Bought new tyres and had my car properly set up tonight. Will hit the track again tomorrow to try it out. Will be using this for the remainder of this year's local races...

There were people that were surprised that shaft cars were used for touring.... they thought I had converted a drift car instead

Old 08-01-2011, 07:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by tak4
Bringing this thread back to life.

Going back into on-road touring and was planning on getting the new Sakura XI.

But I dug out my old Tf-5 just for kicks to see how it would hold up against the competition.

Missed the weekend race because of work but made it to the track today. Car looks competitive in terms of speed on the track but handling was horrible, granted I was using worn out 3yr old tyres lol.

Fell in love with it again and scratched plans to buy a new car.

Bought new tyres and had my car properly set up tonight. Will hit the track again tomorrow to try it out. Will be using this for the remainder of this year's local races...

There were people that were surprised that shaft cars were used for touring.... they thought I had converted a drift car instead
Nice! So where do u play?
Old 08-19-2011, 02:14 AM
Tech Addict

Hey, sorry just read your post.

I'm in Brunei . Car is doing really well, much better than I had expected. No swaybars, bad diffs and I'm somewhat keeping up with some of the other cars. Not faster just keeping up but I've only returned to the touring scene less than 3 weeks ago.

Just ordered a spool and swaybars for the car. Hope it will help some what. Also I have changed the shocks to topcad ones... they work much better than the stock ones.

Anyone knows where we can get a tf-5 (The race version and not the sport version)? Looking for one but no luck.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'm in Brunei . Car is doing really well, much better than I had expected. No swaybars, bad diffs and I'm somewhat keeping up with some of the other cars. Not faster just keeping up but I've only returned to the touring scene less than 3 weeks ago.

Just ordered a spool and swaybars for the car. Hope it will help some what. Also I have changed the shocks to topcad ones... they work much better than the stock ones.

Anyone knows where we can get a tf-5 (The race version and not the sport version)? Looking for one but no luck.
No idea. Singapore maybe?
Old 08-21-2011, 10:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

why not buy the TF6 ?? it is a better car
Old 09-12-2011, 06:19 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
why not buy the TF6 ?? it is a better car
Yep the Tf-6 is no doubt a better car but there is only one in the whole country... and that's saying a lot since Kyosho is the main brand of rc in the country.

The tf-5 is doing well so far. Just haven't gotten it dialed to my liking yet. But it's lapping the track decently. Just need to find the sweet spot
Old 09-12-2011, 08:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Tak4 , I see you purshased a spool; make sure you also change your front cvd drives to lcd drives or ecs drives, or dcj drives, whichever of those you can retrofit in your car !!! They will stop chatter , and give you a chance to be better than your competition !!!
Old 09-12-2011, 08:56 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Tak4 , I see you purshased a spool; make sure you also change your front cvd drives to lcd drives or ecs drives, or dcj drives, whichever of those you can retrofit in your car !!! They will stop chatter , and give you a chance to be better than your competition !!!
Yep I had the clattering problem until a local racer got me a set of 44m 3racing universals. Not sure which ones but it really helped with the clatter.

Cheers for the heads up
Old 09-12-2011, 09:02 AM
Tech Champion

Smile

Tak4 , sorry to inform you that universals will not help you with a spool ! You need a double cardan joint like lcd's, ecs's or dcj's to fix that problem ! Xray made a youtube video explaining the advantages of the ecs type drives ! All or most of the newer cars run them up front, and if you don't run them, you won't be able to catch your competitors!
Old 09-13-2011, 02:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

chatter? whats that? are front spools that good? should i change?
Old 09-13-2011, 04:04 AM
Tech Addict

bertrandsv87 - Thanks for the tip, I'll look up on them as soon as possible. Do you know if the x-ray ones fit? I actually race 1/8 buggies so using a spool is completely new to me.

RsageD - Personally, I find that the car becomes much easier to drive with the spool. Was struggling with over twitchy handling and understeer before the spool. Realised a huge difference first day out with the spool.

With that said, I have gone back and forth with the spool and ball diff to further experiment and no longer feel that much of a difference between the two as I did the first day. It does make the car easier to control (easier to stick to your line) on corner exits.

Braking is also better. Allows you to just brake hard and dive into a corner.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:14 PM
Tech Champion

I think you will have retrofit them in your car ! You need to measure your kyosho axles and total Cvd length, and get an lcd, ecs, or dcj drive that's close in measurements and make them fit ! Make sure you record what works !
Old 09-14-2011, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (97%+)
Default What am I???

Can any one give me information on this???
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Touring Car-dscn5364.jpg   Kyosho Touring Car-dscn5365.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.