Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 07:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Ok, I thought going farther out on the arm would calm the steering down. But I forgot which way did what. I will try it next time out. Thanks.

BTW, has anyone ever put the tc3 bevel and ring gears in there SD. I thought someone said they did it on the ZX5. I stripped mine out and don't have an extras on hand. But I guess it doesn't matter since I can run my Stallion until they come in.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

i also use the outer hole on the steering knuckle. taking away the 2mm spacer on the rack, it makes the steering more smoother, more to suit my driving taste....worth a try though....
Old 01-28-2007, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scrad
Ok, I thought going farther out on the arm would calm the steering down. But I forgot which way did what. I will try it next time out. Thanks.

BTW, has anyone ever put the tc3 bevel and ring gears in there SD. I thought someone said they did it on the ZX5. I stripped mine out and don't have an extras on hand. But I guess it doesn't matter since I can run my Stallion until they come in.
Lemme play with your car.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:48 PM
Tech Master

For $300 dollars, you can play with it all you want.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

For $300 dollars, you can play with it all you want.
Scrad I know what you look like and NO WAY are you worth $300... I dont care what your letting him play with
Old 01-28-2007, 04:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Spool

Anyone have any fixes for the alum spool and plastic C Clips? After 2 rounds of quals, 12mins total, This is the condition of my spool with only those 12mins of run time. The C Clip is breaking and the dogbone is spinning inside the cup.

Any help? Any other METAL c clips fit?

I understand that is is mainly from tapping a board or something to that effect, so my driving needs to improve however there must be a better solution. This is my 3rd spool I have shreaded.

Kyosho America any help?
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Touring Car-spool-1.jpg  
Old 01-28-2007, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default spool

Originally Posted by Fervidsea
Anyone have any fixes for the alum spool and plastic C Clips? After 2 rounds of quals, 12mins total, This is the condition of my spool with only those 12mins of run time. The C Clip is breaking and the dogbone is spinning inside the cup.

Any help? Any other METAL c clips fit?

I understand that is is mainly from tapping a board or something to that effect, so my driving needs to improve however there must be a better solution. This is my 3rd spool I have shreaded.

Kyosho America any help?
I have 1 like this but i have not ran it yet they cost 20.00 from race11.com
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Touring Car-dscn4443.jpg  
Old 01-28-2007, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Exclamation

Has anyone played with the ackerman holes on the steering hubs? My SD is using the inside holes on the hubs. What will moving them to the outer hole give me. Less ackerman? I remember changing the steering hub holes on my 05 xray when the car would traction roll, but I can't remember which hole did what and I can't seem to find my setup notes.

Also what would adding a shim under the steering hub hole do? And what about removing the spacer on the rack?

My problem is whenever the track becomes high grip, my car seems to scrub too much speed in the middle of the corner. If I stiffen the car up to make it roll less, it makes is worse and will traction roll (too stiff). So I end up softening the front springs, leaning the shocks in and lower the roll centers. Now it won't traction roll and handles better but it ends up getting slower.

The best thing I've found is to lower the roll center, but keep the stiffer spring on the front with shocks leaned in. I've tried about everything I can think of and the ackerman is the next adjustment. Because the car handles really good, but it just seems to scrub too much.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
what blocks u have up front?
how much rear toe ?
wheres your wheel base set ?
where's your inner camber link set ?
indoor or out ? LMK and I will help
Old 01-28-2007, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Now that I've been thinking about it. I think it is the ackerman. It does the same thing the xray did when traction got high. Toward the middle to end of the corner if I try to give it a little steering input, it puts it up on the edges of the tires. I.E. too sensitive.

Anyways, my links are all long front and rear. Only using 1mm shim or none. Basically 1mm less than the kit setting. Ive also ran the kit settings at Trackside when it was hight bite and the car was really good except for the sweeper. I ended up with .5 degree rear toe, but was usually running 1 degree rear toe. I'll go back to 1 to get the forward bite. I've tried 3, but it seemed too tight, I like the car loose since I used to run foams. Short wheel base, because I like the turn in and steering it gives.

I'm 90% sure that changing the ackerman holes will cure the problem. But won't be back on high bite carpet for awhile. I'll report back when I do.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Now that I've been thinking about it. I think it is the ackerman. It does the same thing the xray did when traction got high. Toward the middle to end of the corner if I try to give it a little steering input, it puts it up on the edges of the tires. I.E. too sensitive.

Anyways, my links are all long front and rear. Only using 1mm shim or none. Basically 1mm less than the kit setting. Ive also ran the kit settings at Trackside when it was hight bite and the car was really good except for the sweeper. I ended up with .5 degree rear toe, but was usually running 1 degree rear toe. I'll go back to 1 to get the forward bite. I've tried 3, but it seemed too tight, I like the car loose since I used to run foams. Short wheel base, because I like the turn in and steering it gives.

I'm 90% sure that changing the ackerman holes will cure the problem. But won't be back on high bite carpet for awhile. I'll report back when I do.
I want u to try 2 things 3mm shim under the front inner camber link make it short and long wheel base 1mm shim at each end l..et me know how it works
Old 01-28-2007, 11:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

HI

I`m running on carpet with hig traction....
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Touring Car-hagi.jpg  
Old 01-29-2007, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Lightbulb pic

cant read it
Old 01-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Customworksking
cant read it
i pdf'd his setup.. maybe this will help.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
setup.pdf (334.6 KB, 1432 views)
Old 01-29-2007, 11:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thx RCMits

The important details are:

Front Suspension:
Upper Spacer: 1
Sus. Holder Spacer: Front=1 Rear=2
Sus. Arm Spacer Rear 1mm
Knuckel Spacer: 0.5

Rear Suspension:
Upper Spacer: 1
Wheel Spacer: 0.5
Sus. Holder Spacer: Front=2 Rear=2

Shocks:
I testet the HPI Springs, very fast.

Have al look at the Shock positons.... it works nice this way....

greetz
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Touring Car-shocks.jpg  
Old 02-01-2007, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Talking

Originally Posted by H4gI
HI

I`m running on carpet with hig traction....
what tamiya shock pistons u running the sheet is hard to read and missing & lot...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.