R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-01-2005, 11:09 AM   #91
Tech Master

Josh,

Will it be a further development, something down the line of the Cyrul-protos during your time at Trinity?

It showed quite some other ideas/angles different from regular designs,,,
PizzaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 12:04 PM   #92
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge
Looks more like the old KX-1.
I dont think it looks at all like the KX1... more like this one...RCLabs
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 12:53 PM   #93
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to eeyan Send a message via Yahoo to eeyan

I love unorthodox designs and this was one chassis I was drooling over at Reedy. Like some already mentioned, I would like to thank Josh and Kyosho for bringing this car out. Might not have been in top form, but it surely looked competitive especially in the invite class and only a few days of building, prepping, and racing.

Regarding the car, it did look like an RCLab from afar with its all-silver bulkheads. But I really think it mostly resembles the exotic Alex Racing Club Enthuse4 from circa 2000~2001 even more. I was almost tempted to bring my CE4 to Reedy to compare them side by side, but just didn’t have time to go back and forth 100 miles as I was also racing in spec. I do hope something comes about from Josh’s experimental chassis. It definitely looks promising. Besides, Kyosho needs a new sedan now that they have officially “re-entered” the competitive US market.
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho Touring Car-ian_clubenthuse4.jpg  
Old 06-02-2005, 12:46 AM   #94
Tech Master

I've allways loved the Culb Enthuses design, but never bought one, because of lack of spares availability.
But it is special though.....
PizzaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 01:40 PM   #95
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

All I have to say is that car is awsome! It has to have the longest arms I have ever seen. If it is that good outside with rubber, I cannot wait to see it on carpet with foam.

Dirt Burners Racing - R.I.P. BB / Kolors by Kropy / CEFX / One Eighth Racers
mcsquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 02:05 PM   #96
Tech Master

jwf_frani - The thought of putting the steering to the front is simply to control the outside front tire better (as full size race cars do). With rear steer cars, when you hit a bump or loose traction on the outside front tire the steering linkage looses pressure and this allows the tire to turn more - thus creating that sudden center of the corner oversteer (when the tire regains traction) or oversteer when hitting a bump. Front steer doesn't do that which allows you to run a much more aggressive set-up to generate corner speed with.

FW-05RR - This is 100% prototype and while it can be a pain to work on, it is completely adjustable for us to test roll centers and pin positions. Production will be simplified and extremely easy to work on.

kylehirano - Paul was running the same car but with a completely different set-ups so we could learn as much as possible from 2 different perspectives. It also allowed us to see that even with completely different set-ups, there were a few basic things that made the car better for both situations.

Jon Kerr - The car is several parts of several cars I've driven and liked over the years. The motor and batt position is similar to the old SW but it is much farther forward than all these other "mid motor" cars everyone keeps refering to. The CE car has the motor much farther forward than our current position.

Dirt-Racer - No plans for that at all as far as I know....

OSherman - Actually, the spur is approx. 5-6mm lower than the old style Xray cars and I believe the Xray top shaft was lower than the OB4 - Just looked high because we used 134t spurs to try the motor moved back in the chassis....

PizzaDude - It will be a constant, ongoing development with Kyosho until we come to a design that both Kyosho and myself are happy with so we can win some races and provide a good product for Kyosho's customers.

One thing I have to say, it's so funny to hear everyone compare it to other cars out there. There really is only so much that can be done with these cars and it's a matter of 1-3mm of positions (motor, battery, suspension) that can make or break a car. Well, back to work!!
Old 06-02-2005, 02:15 PM   #97
Tech Elite

Default More pics.

Josh,

thanks for the reply. I think you have a very cool and promising project on your hands, don't stop now.

any chance of you/someone posting pics of Pauls car?..

-O
Old 06-02-2005, 02:44 PM   #98
Tech Regular

Smile Kudos Josh

Kudos Josh. I was looking through here to see if there were any pictures of the car. I heard, and saw you running it at Reedy but never expected that you would post any answers about it. Good professionalism, and good luck with the development.
jw92656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 04:37 PM   #99
Tech Elite

Josh:
I envy your position. I think it would be really exciting to design a car from ground up. Good luck and have some fun.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:08 PM   #100
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Josh, did you get my e-mail?

Kraig

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 08:14 PM   #101
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Josh,

Thanks for the answers to all our questions, due you have a projected release date for the car? and will 28mm foams fit this car without having to use spacers or dremel tool

Thanks
kylehirano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 08:17 PM   #102
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to eeyan Send a message via Yahoo to eeyan

Josh, good luck with the car. Really promising... Out of curiousity, will this be a US designed car or are testing planned in other countries as well? Would be interesting to see where you guys will be running it next...
Old 06-02-2005, 08:22 PM   #103
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Josh great point on that their is only so many ways to make a car. Just a 1mm either way can make a huge differance. Car looks promising. Good luck to you and Paul. I'm sure when its all said and done you will make a great car for Kyosho.

Brian
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 10:51 PM   #104
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyan
I love unorthodox designs and this was one chassis I was drooling over at Reedy. Like some already mentioned, I would like to thank Josh and Kyosho for bringing this car out. Might not have been in top form, but it surely looked competitive especially in the invite class and only a few days of building, prepping, and racing.

Regarding the car, it did look like an RCLab from afar with its all-silver bulkheads. But I really think it mostly resembles the exotic Alex Racing Club Enthuse4 from circa 2000~2001 even more. I was almost tempted to bring my CE4 to Reedy to compare them side by side, but just didn’t have time to go back and forth 100 miles as I was also racing in spec. I do hope something comes about from Josh’s experimental chassis. It definitely looks promising. Besides, Kyosho needs a new sedan now that they have officially “re-entered” the competitive US market.

from the pics on page 14 of the Reedy/Tamiya race thread and
now seeing the Alex Enthuse4.... it is the closet thing to it in general overall layout of the car Josh ran.
fast-ho-cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 11:15 PM   #105
Tech Master

Yanno........ I watched just about every run of Josh's and Paul's. I thought their cars were awesome for being 3 days old. They constantly worked on them and improved the setups. I watched Josh one run absolutely run circles around some guys with it. I told him after the run that it was the best the car looked. It rotated great and never slowed down in the corners.

I think the design is unique and seems to work well for the first time out. No one else has rear mounted shocks on the front arms and allows A LOT of room to slam the front body down. I noticed some design thoughts from other cars but who cares. It is all testing in the end. I can find lots of design ideas from other companies for their cars.

Jeff