R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-19-2006, 10:10 AM   #811
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by KE4PJO
I believe the one man development team performed better than the "factory backed" team.
You believe wrong. Mark Pavidis with the "factory" car beat Cyrul (6th in the B vs 8th in the B). Get your facts straight before mouthing off.

The worlds was an incredibly competitive field - I think Adachi and Ito were in the D, but you have former world's A-finalists and national champions down in the E's and F's. Hardly a performance by a company that is not "serious about being fast".

I'd rather have a car that has been developed to suit the majority of drivers than something Josh has been experimenting with to suit his own requirements.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 10:21 AM   #812
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KE4PJO
I think the true story is developing, Kyosho doesn't want to be competitive in the Touring car class. If they did, they would build a car to win, not just to copy all the others. BUILD JOSH'S CAR! Put in the hands of the rest of the "team", and win something. Look at the recent world's and the finishes. I believe the one man development team performed better than the "factory backed" team.

Pavidis placed 16th overall with a "uncompetitive" standard stallion, in front of Josh. Tony Reinhart was not bad either. Kyosho drivers finished in front of some BIG names, and placed really well given the low number of cars !

Both Stallions (belt and Shaft) are a common effort of a lot of people in Japan (Adachi and all) . Masaki Hirosaka (who works For kyosho and is behind the Stallion effort) "might" know "a thing or two" about developing cars, especially on road ones.
Patriiick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 05:53 PM   #813
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriiick
Pavidis placed 16th overall with a "uncompetitive" standard stallion, in front of Josh. Tony Reinhart was not bad either. Kyosho drivers finished in front of some BIG names, and placed really well given the low number of cars !

Both Stallions (belt and Shaft) are a common effort of a lot of people in Japan (Adachi and all) . Masaki Hirosaka (who works For kyosho and is behind the Stallion effort) "might" know "a thing or two" about developing cars, especially on road ones.
With that said..I don't think that Pavidis has been racing a lot in the last year, Mostly R&D work and that is not the same as racing against world class drivers, I don't really care much for the looks of Josh's car..saddle packs..no thanks.. I will wait for the "Standard" Stallion..To me the car looks good, I like a lot of the features that come with the car and I'm sure I'll be as slow as ever..But I will be happy..
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:24 PM   #814
Tech Initiate

I just read the Jap magazine about how Adachi build his TF-5. Lots of great tips, but also show that parts are not very precisely made. Bit disappointed about Kyosho quality.
Bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:55 PM   #815
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bing
I just read the Jap magazine about how Adachi build his TF-5. Lots of great tips, but also show that parts are not very precisely made. Bit disappointed about Kyosho quality.
please enlightin us with these great tips
bosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:37 AM   #816
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bing
Bit disappointed about Kyosho quality.
I am too for the price paid on these kits lately. As hard as I try to shim the front suspension, I still get plenty of wiggle, more so than my XRay.
It must be from the suspension pin and the suspension pin holes which you can not shim.

With this news, I am rather doubtful if the belt car will be worth the expected $450USD plus price.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 09:58 AM   #817
Tech Elite

Have to say I haven't got any play issues on my front suspension. I have used a couple of shims, but the fit of the suspension pins is pretty good, better than on my ZX-5.

There is some flex if you pull back and forth on the top of the caster block, but that seems to be present on most cars with plastic arms and hubs.

Make sure that the grub screw in the C hub is tightened fully.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:01 PM   #818
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude
I am too for the price paid on these kits lately. As hard as I try to shim the front suspension, I still get plenty of wiggle, more so than my XRay.
It must be from the suspension pin and the suspension pin holes which you can not shim.

With this news, I am rather doubtful if the belt car will be worth the expected $450USD plus price.
where did you see the car for that price
Old 07-20-2006, 04:36 PM   #819
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosfan
where did you see the car for that price
SpeedTech RC

Click the "Buy Now" option and see the discounted price in the shopping cart.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:20 PM   #820
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude
SpeedTech RC

Click the "Buy Now" option and see the discounted price in the shopping cart.
when i went there i see the price for 489.00 not 450.00
Old 07-20-2006, 05:31 PM   #821
Tech Champion

Oh god!

Must you be so picky!

The point was that whether it be 489 or anything above 450, if the quality isn't there then its not worth it!
Old 07-20-2006, 06:57 PM   #822
Tech Initiate

Quote:
please enlightin us with these great tips
I don't have the mag, but I think I can borrow it and scan up here.

Quote:
That's same with my V-One RRR
Bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 07:22 PM   #823
Tech Regular

i also don't have any play issues with my front suspension,but i had a ton of play with my rdx(carpet version)and that car was phoenominal on the track
Old 07-21-2006, 09:07 AM   #824
Tech Elite

We've had word that the first small delivery of Stallion's should be available within 10 days in Europe - we've worked really hard to get a competitive price for UK customers - http://www.rc-direct.co.uk/kyosho-tf...it-p-2304.html
Old 07-21-2006, 09:22 AM   #825
Tech Champion

L354!!!!

Where's the KY..osho gel to go with that???