R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-13-2005, 11:42 AM   #61
Tech Master

Besercoe - I've never even seen the shaft car other than the pictures I just went through the links to look at.... Must be something they are working on in Japan but it's not anything they have sent us to race - We get that car at the Reedy Race!!
Old 05-13-2005, 11:55 AM   #62
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Dirt-Racer

Josh, i dont understand what you mean by the motor positional not being optimal?...But isnt the KX1 motor position more or less similar to the Lazer chasis?..which is probably one of the most copied design? ie tamiya 414, xray?....

Bet anyone this new Kyosho 4wd car is similar to the new tamiya 4wd 2 belt car?....or similar to the new Xray car, at least tranny wise...Seems everyone is copying what the next guy is doing just adding a few minor different bits here and there just to make it a little original?...

Last edited by Dirt-Racer; 05-13-2005 at 12:14 PM.
Dirt-Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 12:22 PM   #63
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Josh, are you saying you're not getting your new car until you're AT the Reedy Race? Wow, that's asking a lot.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 12:29 PM   #64
Tech Regular

That is cool you are racing the Reedy. Where is Kyosho located now. I think it is by my work but not sure of the new address.
SCIDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 08:17 PM   #65
Tech Master

Dirt-Racer - I mean by not being optimal - the motor is mounted so high (the belt runs under it if I remember correctly). When the motor is so high, especially when you are decellerating or braking into a corner, it causes the rear to lift more decreasing rear traction and making the car more unstable. This same position can lead to an on-throttle push which again is not optimal. Now, if you think I am going to just copy the 415 than you definatly don't know me very well. I can tell you now that the motor position, battery position, steering, and suspension are different than current cars (415 copies). I asked Kyosho to give me the opertunity to head off down a totally different road with my TC design and they agreed to give me a shot. If it works then we should win some races, if it sucks then we can "copy-cat" like the rest of the r/c world and make our own 415...lol.... Not something I am interested in though so I guess we will see what we can do over the next few months of testing and development.

Jon - We get the bag o'parts on Monday when we arrive in Cali so Tuesday and Wednesday will be building days to try and be ready for practice on Thursday.....

SCIDA - Not really sure...lol.... I have to figure that one out next monday....
Old 05-13-2005, 08:29 PM   #66
Tech Master

Sounds pretty cool Josh!

Any chance on some pics/drawings of the car being posted after its assembled or does Kyosho want to keep it a suprise?

-Dan
BlackKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 10:23 PM   #67
Tom
Tech Regular

You should build a car with an offset battery.

Somewhere in between a 415 style and losi's centred battery. So it would not be full centre, but not out on the side either. So 1/4 of the cell would be on the electronics side, and 3/4 on the "battery" side, with the belt running down the electric side of the battery.

This would allow conventional suspension gearbox options rather then the super wide diff's the HPI pro 3 and losi run.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 10:32 PM   #68
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Josh Cyrul

Jon - We get the bag o'parts on Monday when we arrive in Cali so Tuesday and Wednesday will be building days to try and be ready for practice on Thursday.....

Damn. Good luck. I'll see ya out here in a few weeks.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 12:24 AM   #69
Tech Master

No offence Josh, but you can see where im coming from when i say current trend of copies?...just take a look at that shaft design that kyosho wanted to go out with? another ripp off version of the TC3?...

For me, im sick and tired of looking at cars that are supposed to be of different manufacturers yet look all the frigging same

I mean, what ever happened to originallity these days?.. Being a kyosho fan + racer of past i have been somewhat dissappointed with their lack of innovative ideas. I thought their original belt system with the mid mounted motor so close to the rear diff could've revived some appetite then they scrapped it and next thing you know they went shaft and now their going back to belt. Seems like kyosho will be forever changing what they want should a different car wins the next worlds?

Ohh and that 3 belt car chasis that you made for the snowbirds? now thats different and innovative, in electric rc at least.

I at least would like to see something that has an element of originality? .... Ive no doubt you can do that on your own Josh but with kyosho that could may well have a big say in it added to their current way of thinking (copying) it somewhat clouds the thought. I hope you can pull something special..GL
Old 05-14-2005, 05:36 AM   #70
Tech Addict

I'm looking forward to see this new (belted) tourer.
And since the Reedy race isn't that far away... Bring it on!
Old 05-14-2005, 05:56 PM   #71
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Dirt Racer,
What about the Losi XXX-S and JRS-X, and the Corally Aassain, and the X-Ray FK04, those cars are very original in design. Not to mention the KXone.

Velocity R/C Magazine - vrcmag.com
Rob Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 05:58 PM   #72
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

And, the only radical design in off road has been the Revo. I haven't seen much change in the off road scene since my gold tubbed RC-10 was new.

Velocity R/C Magazine - vrcmag.com
Rob Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 08:35 PM   #73
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I dont consider the FK04 very original in design, it came out shortly after the Tamiya 414 won the worlds, they look very similar, and the FK05 came out shortly after the 415 won the worlds, it also looks similar. The XXX-S is a unique and very original design, in fact I would take a XXX-S over the new JRXS which in my opinion is a worse version of the Pro-3
kylehirano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 03:04 AM   #74
Tech Master

Rob, im talking about kyosho of late, not what other manufacturers are doing or have designed
Old 05-31-2005, 12:24 PM   #75
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default KYOSHO PROTOTYPE..

bump.

I am curious to know what others thought of the KYOSHO prototype at the REEDY Race this past weekend..

At first glance from a distance i really had no interest, but once detailed pics were posted here on RC Tech, i wish i would gone over to Cyrul and asked for a better look. Very cool design/idea imo. Interested to see where KYOSHO takes that project from here.