R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-26-2006, 06:11 AM   #691
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriiick
and aside from that weird copper bushing i just took out completely
You shouldn't take this bushing out! Check you are using the small bearing, not a 5x10!
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:55 AM   #692
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

oh my mistake then ???? is the smaller bearing included ?? was it me ?
*slaps self*
Patriiick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 07:00 AM   #693
Tech Elite

The manual lists the right sizes.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:15 PM   #694
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 5thscaleracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriiick
i m building mine at the moment, and aside from that weird copper bushing i just took out completely, i must say the overall quality really good..

Yup that supid copper bushing??? i don't know why it's in there?? could it be for the ZX5 since it has a slipper clutch but i now use mine to fill a compartment in my parts bin box. 1 bushing in a large bin box.
5thscaleracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:49 PM   #695
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thscaleracer
what you didn't get one yet??? no yokomo get one already! yokomo is due for an update in about 10 seconds.
So why are you hiding the car? Why didn't you show last Sat. night? Are you going to be at the track Tues night? If I had the car like you I would be running to the track to race it. Did you forget how to get there?

So why haven't I got one yet? Well I'm almost half way towards the "other deal" we talked about but I could always go broke again with this car plus the DI I am getting. Others who frequent this thread know what I am talking about. Ain't that right Bender?

I was hoping to look at yours more closely and possibly wheel it around the track before being compelled to get this shafty. I'm sold on the belt car for sure but I am still a skeptic about going with a shaft car after doing so well with the T2. So I will see you Tuesday with the car!!
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:08 PM   #696
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude
So why are you hiding the car? Why didn't you show last Sat. night? Are you going to be at the track Tues night? If I had the car like you I would be running to the track to race it. Did you forget how to get there?

So why haven't I got one yet? Well I'm almost half way towards the "other deal" we talked about but I could always go broke again with this car plus the DI I am getting. Others who frequent this thread know what I am talking about. Ain't that right Bender?

I was hoping to look at yours more closely and possibly wheel it around the track before being compelled to get this shafty. I'm sold on the belt car for sure but I am still a skeptic about going with a shaft car after doing so well with the T2. So I will see you Tuesday with the car!!

I was at a wedding last saturday if you must know and i have the wedding invitation if you want to see it. And on tuesday no i can't make it i will be working in Santamonica and i won't get out till about 5:00 which won't give me any time to get down to socal. But i will be there saturday to give you a run for your money!
Old 06-27-2006, 01:46 PM   #697
Tech Champion

Quote:
I was at a wedding last saturday if you must know and i have the wedding invitation if you want to see it. And on tuesday no i can't make it i will be working in Santamonica and i won't get out till about 5:00 which won't give me any time to get down to socal. But i will be there saturday to give you a run for your money!
A wedding???!!! Are you trying to get married yourself? Are you looking for love in all the wrong places?? How can you be in this hobby if you let your priorities change for a wedding. No doubt that is the express route for you to be out of this hobby and I will be standing by your dumpster as your new found other half throws it all out. I ought to know. It took me ten years of marriage (and brain washing) to get it all back!

If I have to wait until Sat. to see yours I just might as well get one of my one and then you can follow my set-up because you will follow me at the track!
Old 06-27-2006, 02:04 PM   #698
Tech Master

Quote:
If I have to wait until Sat. to see yours I just might as well get one of my one and then you can follow my set-up because you will follow me at the track!
Hey 5th, i think these are fight'n words......
Airtronics|Kyosho|
Tim Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 12:17 AM   #699
Tech Regular

Quote:
A wedding???!!! Are you trying to get married yourself? Are you looking for love in all the wrong places?? How can you be in this hobby if you let your priorities change for a wedding. No doubt that is the express route for you to be out of this hobby and I will be standing by your dumpster as your new found other half throws it all out. I ought to know. It took me ten years of marriage (and brain washing) to get it all back!

no no i was not the unlucky bloke my cousin was the unfortunate one.

as far as following you thats no problem just don't complain when you get bunched up with the slower guys and i pass you by.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:20 AM   #700
Tech Regular

i was looking over my TF5 and i noticed the steering slop. It has a good 1-1.5mm slop left to right what gives????

servo is tight, turnbuckle from servo to Rack has no play. the rack itself has slop. this throws off the car about 1mm when it's on the hudy board and who knows if the car will be able to track correctly. I just noticed this today and i want to confirm before with others before i actually tear it down.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:14 AM   #701
Tech Elite

Mine has a little play but not so much that it affects the car setup. What play there is is a 50/50 combination of the balljoint tolerances and the rack.

I think the "weak link" in the system is the kingpin/nut setup that holds the rack to the bellcranks. Needs very careful adjustment to get it tight without binding. It's the same on the ZX-5, when I first built the steering on that it was sloppy as h*ll, but after a rethink and a rebuild I got it sorted.

Perhaps fitting some flanged bearings (I think they should be 3x6mm) will improve the situation?
Old 06-28-2006, 07:28 AM   #702
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge
Mine has a little play but not so much that it affects the car setup. What play there is is a 50/50 combination of the balljoint tolerances and the rack.

I think the "weak link" in the system is the kingpin/nut setup that holds the rack to the bellcranks. Needs very careful adjustment to get it tight without binding. It's the same on the ZX-5, when I first built the steering on that it was sloppy as h*ll, but after a rethink and a rebuild I got it sorted.

Perhaps fitting some flanged bearings (I think they should be 3x6mm) will improve the situation?
yes i am using flanged 3X6 bearings and i still ge this play? i am going to try to use teflon motor shims to see what happens.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:05 AM   #703
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
i was looking over my TF5 and i noticed the steering slop. It has a good 1-1.5mm slop left to right what gives????

servo is tight, turnbuckle from servo to Rack has no play. the rack itself has slop. this throws off the car about 1mm when it's on the hudy board and who knows if the car will be able to track correctly. I just noticed this today and i want to confirm before with others before i actually tear it down.
It should track fine for you on the track. My Schumacher has some steering slop like you are describing but on the track it tracks straight while I'm racing so I decided not to worry about it as long as my car is doing what I want it to do.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:29 AM   #704
Tech Champion

Quote:
as far as following you thats no problem just don't complain when you get bunched up with the slower guys and i pass you by.
The only way I would get bunched up with the slower guys is if I were lapping them. However, as to who would make it through the mayhem its always up to the RC Gods .

Don't worry about the slop. I've seen your driving, it won't make any difference. Just drive it!!!!!
Old 06-28-2006, 10:31 AM   #705
Tech Regular
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default TF-5

Hi,

Been looking for a new Touring car recently as the Pro 4 has had 3 outdoor racing seasons now and things that would not normally break are starting to break-up due to age I think. Parts like the alloy hex hubs, rear input shaft, shock parts etc all broke up within a few weeks of each other! The chassis is looking worse for wear and I think it could be time for a change.

I like the look of the TF-5 and don't really have any major concerns from what I've read here.

My main query was that I had heard that the ZX-5 comes with a parts bag to make up either a front diff, front spool or front one-way that would be compatible with the TF-5. Does anyone know if this arrangement of parts is available in one spare part package? It sounded like a good idea to me !

Secondly, would I be correct in thinking the hex hubs with this car are the non-clamping type, ie. solid hubs without the screw? I would prefer this as I see little advantage from clamping hex hubs - they are just something else that breaks !

Finally, any news from Kyosho on an alloy spur gear holder?

Thanks,

Keith.
keithander is offline   Reply With Quote