anybody have a base setting on oil that they put in their shocks f/r
bosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 05:55 PM   #677
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosfan

check out the kyoshoamerica site.. they have a basic set up for the TF-5.

http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/setupsheets/
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:00 PM   #678
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki
check out the kyoshoamerica site.. they have a basic set up for the TF-5.

http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/setupsheets/
thanks for some reason i can't download adachi setup (file damaged) one more question what lbs springs are these (red,blue,yellow)?
Old 06-24-2006, 12:56 AM   #679
Tech Elite

I can't seem to get the Adachi one either.

As far as spring rates go, we need someone with a spring gauge to measure them as Kyosho don't supply rates. All I know is Blue is hardest, Red is softest and Yellow is in between, although there is not a huge difference between them (only 1/4 of a coil each).
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 01:30 AM   #680
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 5thscaleracer

Quote:
i ran 35 front and 40 rear it seems to be good. but i think i will try 45 front and 40 rear.

i am going to try my current oil selections first try to find a good spring combo with it but more than likly i would do 45 in the front. The car does not seem to hold a tight turn when you power out it has a tendency to push out. steering response is amazing but the long round turns you can't put the power down.

but my setup sucks so it will take at least a week before i understand this bad boy.
5thscaleracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 12:29 PM   #681
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Have you tried changing the caster angle to get more steer response? What about the roll center up front?
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 10:30 AM   #682
Tech Elite

OK, time to share the results of my first races with the TF-5 shaft.

Overall - very good indeed! Straight out of the box the car was a match (or more) for my Yokomo SD SSG which had had the set up fine tuned over the last couple of years. General impressions were that the car generated plenty of grip and good balance.

I should point out that most of my club racing is on "slippy" gym floors with Schumacher minispike tyres - probably strange to most people around the world, but quite common in the UK.

Initial setup was essentially out of the box. I was running with the spool, #350 Much-More shock oil all round, slightly longer shock settings to give a bigger droop adjustment, 1 deg camber all round, 5mm front ride height, 5.5mm rear.

1st heat was very pleasing for a first ever run (I arrived late and had no practice at all). Managed to win and set TQ although the car was a little twitchy.

Removing the anti-roll bars for the 2nd heat got the car more planted, the spool seemed to be doing the job of generating plenty of on-power steering, and inital turn in was better after removing the bar.

However the 2nd run was cut short right at the end by a spool failure after I clipped the marker ropes at speed two laps in a row. Still good enough for a new TQ.

A-final started well enough from pole after repairing the spool, got a comfortable lead and started lapping the backmarkers. Unfortunately a small contact with one of them was enough to break the spool outdrive clean off.

I'll be building up a diff for the next meeting, hopefully the overall handling balance won't be too badly affected. Spools are just too unforgiving for club racing. Good news was that the only parts that got damaged were the outdrives, the aluminium driveshafts and the spool body stood up to the strain.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:56 AM   #683
Tech Regular

i think i am having a problem with my diff and oneway gears inside the case. they will not spin freely when i turn the,kind of feels like when you turn the wheels with a motor and pinion on.
can this be because it is not broken in yet,or is it a problem?
Old 06-25-2006, 10:58 AM   #684
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
i think i am having a problem with my diff and oneway gears inside the case. they will not spin freely when i turn the,kind of feels like when you turn the wheels with a motor and pinion on.
can this be because it is not broken in yet,or is it a problem?
check the gear mesh ,it sounds like its too tight, you have to re-shim it
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 11:31 AM   #685
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Sosidge - Great to hear about your first outing with the TF-5. One question, aside from being Kyosho, is it extremely different and improved from the your Yokomo SD SSG? Yes I know many people criticize that all shaft cars are the same but I am asking about the little things that makes one car different from the other. Also aside from being new, which car would you keep if you had to choose just one and why?
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 11:49 AM   #686
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
Take your time and get it right.

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 06:11 PM   #687
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 5thscaleracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude
Sosidge - Great to hear about your first outing with the TF-5. One question, aside from being Kyosho, is it extremely different and improved from the your Yokomo SD SSG? Yes I know many people criticize that all shaft cars are the same but I am asking about the little things that makes one car different from the other. Also aside from being new, which car would you keep if you had to choose just one and why?

what you didn't get one yet??? no yokomo get one already! yokomo is due for an update in about 10 seconds.
5thscaleracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 08:59 PM   #688
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
took all the shims out and the notchyness only comes the front oneway, when i put the rear diff up front it spun freely. i guess i have to get new diff/oneway parts for up front maybe something is off
by the way is the ir 2.5 for this car?
Old 06-26-2006, 05:15 AM   #689
Tech Elite

The Yokomo took a lot of running to get it to my liking, the Kyosho seems to have suited me straight away. I think the biggest difference in the cars is the weight distribution - it is much further forward in the Kyosho, and better suited to the indoor tracks I run on.

Although the Yokomo is easier to maintain and has a few nicer parts (alloy spur adaptor, non-clamping wheel hubs), the Kyosho seems to be on the next level of chassis geometry and development. Also there seemed to be less torque steer.

Without a doubt I would choose the Kyosho over my old high-CG Yoke.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:08 AM   #690
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i m building mine at the moment, and aside from that weird copper bushing i just took out completely, i must say the overall quality really good..
Patriiick is offline   Reply With Quote