R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-31-2006, 12:15 AM   #571
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 5thscaleracer

should be easy the KX i have is just as good as the T2 at my local track. i can't wait to get my hands on this car as well.
5thscaleracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 01:42 PM   #572
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thscaleracer
should be easy the KX i have is just as good as the T2 at my local track. i can't wait to get my hands on this car as well.
Oh C'mon!! Don't rub it in. You just got lucky on one of my bad days there.

Granted, I like my KX as much as you do but I wouldn't be so bold to say that.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 05:33 PM   #573
Tech Initiate

Based on the results for Pavidis and Johnson from the Reedy race - I am not waisting my money.The car was not good at all.Why isn't Kyosho producing the Cyrul car? That is what I'll be waiting for.
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 05:37 PM   #574
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis
Based on the results for Pavidis and Johnson from the Reedy race - I am not waisting my money.The car was not good at all.Why isn't Kyosho producing the Cyrul car? That is what I'll be waiting for.
Did Cyrul car do any better
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 05:55 PM   #575
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think he was referring to the prototype car Josh ran last year.

Joel and Mark ran the earlier version of the the TF-5 Stallion. Again, look at pic of Adachi's car, that's the latest version of the Stallion, Adachi was able to qualify in the A in the LRP Masters agains MI2, T2, Cyclone, and MSX.... Remeber this car is still not released yet, Kyosho can still do R&D to finalize on production version.

It's the first outting of the Stallion in the U.S., can't just judge a car by 1 race result.

The car is not good at all? That's a bit premature to say.

Dom
Old 05-31-2006, 06:16 PM   #576
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis
pretty unfair post there.... the Kyosho car went up against car chassis that have been proven on the race track. Cars like the Mi2, RDX, MSX, Losi and X-Rays that have been in production and revised over the past year.

give them time, the car will be up to speed. they're just working out the kinks before sending it to production.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 07:38 PM   #577
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 5thscaleracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude
Oh C'mon!! Don't rub it in. You just got lucky on one of my bad days there.

Granted, I like my KX as much as you do but I wouldn't be so bold to say that.

ok ok but you still got rocked 2 times!!! with 2 differnt KX's and 2 differnt drivers.

The KX is competitive still but it lacks allot of features that would make the car more confusing.
5thscaleracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 07:39 PM   #578
Tech Adept

Uh ohhhh! Somebody said JC in like three posts in a row.
beerbarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 09:09 PM   #579
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
I think he was referring to the prototype car Josh ran last year.

Joel and Mark ran the earlier version of the the TF-5 Stallion. Again, look at pic of Adachi's car, that's the latest version of the Stallion, Adachi was able to qualify in the A in the LRP Masters agains MI2, T2, Cyclone, and MSX.... Remeber this car is still not released yet, Kyosho can still do R&D to finalize on production version.

It's the first outting of the Stallion in the U.S., can't just judge a car by 1 race result.

The car is not good at all? That's a bit premature to say.

Dom
well said Dom .
Airtronics|Kyosho|
Tim Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 01:19 AM   #580
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgmeat
Did Cyrul car do any better
Cyrul finished 21st, Pavidis 28th

Personally, I have to say that there are some areas of the "current" belt prototype that are a little bit suspect, like how far away from the centre-line the cells are mounted.

Josh's prototype shows more promise to me, but I'm just a little confused as to whether or not Josh's car is still being developed. He made the comment that "his" car has evolved from last year, yet it appears that the rest of the Kyosho drivers are solely developing the Stallion prototype.

I would dearly like to see some pics of Josh's car, because atm it appears as though he has no factory support from Kyosho
FIR#2 - "You can't buy this much talent"
Durango Dex410 - Schumacher Cougar SV - Top Photon
bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 05:00 AM   #581
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to RcCzarOfOld Send a message via MSN to RcCzarOfOld Send a message via Yahoo to RcCzarOfOld

I could get some pics of Josh's car for ya, but it'd cost you 4 million dollars.

The car looks good for sure. Josh would have had a much better finishing position but he just had some bad luck over the weekend. About the only people faster than him on the track were Marc and Atsushi. Had things worked out better, he would have been in the top 5 for sure.
RcCzarOfOld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:07 AM   #582
Tech Master

bender - I have full factory support from Kyosho but we are working on totally different platforms. As most know, my ideas aren't always conventional and it takes time to sort out the good from the bad. The car I am using remains to be a development car only - testing non-conventional weight positions and geometry. The Stallion is in it's pre-production stages as it is getting ready to hit the market in the coming months.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:17 PM   #583
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

@josh
is there a platform to go back to saddle pack cells , since they have gotten heavier & radio eqipment got lighter , just thinking of the balencing issue`s (if any)
this is where the side X side packs move away from the centre line to help offsetting the heavier mod all metal motors (just thinking out loud)
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 06:57 PM   #584
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
@josh
is there a platform to go back to saddle pack cells , since they have gotten heavier & radio eqipment got lighter , just thinking of the balencing issue`s (if any) this is where the side X side packs move away from the centre line to help offsetting the heavier mod all metal motors (just thinking out loud)
Thinking out loud too .
Why do the belts, or the batteries, have to be in the center of the car? Why can't the belts be offset 5 to 10 millimeters so the edge of the batterypack can be in the center of the chassis? The diffs would be little wider but suspension arms are getting shorter so wider diffs could be better.
Then there is the weight, and placement, of the motor. I think the old Tamiya car, the one with the motor in front, could be very interesting layout, if properly designed.
andsetinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 07:59 PM   #585
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

yeah Ah LA JRXS
RandyB is offline   Reply With Quote