R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-02-2006, 02:57 PM   #286
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I don't see where this car would require any more or less hop up or option parts than other cars on the market....

There could still be suspension holders for adjustment (if they aren't included in the kit), chassis and top deck if additional stiffening is required (which couldn't be known until testing of production level parts on carpet), aluminum C-Hubs, knuckles and carriers (like many look at for other cars), as well as the various diff, one-way and spool components depending on your intended surface and the car's packaging...

People won't have to complain about a battery strap not being included though, as the prototype shown has no provision to allow for one (again this may change before production)
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 04:51 PM   #287
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Guys,
This car looks outsanding! I only have issue with location of the motor. I would rather it to be on the other side of the pulley / spur, closer to the rear. I can only assume it sits closer to the center of the car for better balance.

ChrisP,
This car carries over the suspension design made popular by Tamiya and others. There will probably be spacers to go under the mounts for roll-center changes.

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 05:05 PM   #288
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewdawg
Guys,
This car looks outsanding! I only have issue with location of the motor. I would rather it to be on the other side of the pulley / spur, closer to the rear. I can only assume it sits closer to the center of the car for better balance.

ChrisP,
This car carries over the suspension design made popular by Tamiya and others. There will probably be spacers to go under the mounts for roll-center changes.
I understand that...was referring to toe...my apologies for not clarifying...
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 06:02 PM   #289
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP
I understand that...was referring to toe...my apologies for not clarifying...
Oh, you were referring to the "toe blocks" a.k.a. suspension mounts. Yeah, they'll probably be additional toe blocks, too.

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 08:07 PM   #290
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd
Also wonder how parts support will be when the car comes out with no distributor to order from as you need to order from Kyosho directly. This has been a problem at are shop when ordering in heli stuff. Be interesting to see how this is all handled.
Our Parts support currently is excellent. It is a matter of weather or not your local hobby shop chooses to order from Kyosho or not. Product ships out the same day, in most cases.
Airtronics|Kyosho|
Tim Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 08:21 PM   #291
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentech
New Kyosho 1/10 Touring for the Worlds

http://www.radiocontrol.gr/news_nurnberg_010206_2.htm
I like it, I think it will be very competive against other top electric sedan kits in the market I know that Kyosho sedan gas kit is one of the best in the market I currently have one along with others at the local track in so. cali.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:37 PM   #292
Tech Regular

the lower chassis does look extremely wide i wonder about the track width?
i really like the bulkheads they look interchangeable with each other
bosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 10:18 AM   #293
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
I was wondering since Kyosho electric touring car was a new car, who are some of the sponsor drivers to debut this car in upcoming races this year?
Old 02-03-2006, 12:49 PM   #294
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Dickson
I was wondering since Kyosho electric touring car was a new car, who are some of the sponsor drivers to debut this car in upcoming races this year?
As far as I knwo the only US driver is Josh Cyrul. I know Adachi is but as for the rest of them I am not sure. I'ld imagine Ito and the rest of the gas guys would be going to electric races now too.
Brian Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 01:32 PM   #295
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Its to bad the the car was not finished a little sooner than maybe Lemuix would have stuck it out with Kyosho instead of going to Xray. I don't know if that is the reason but it seems like that was what happened.

As for some of the Kyosho gas guys Atomic and Toso run corally rdx's so it would be interesting after or before worlds if there will be any more driver changes with the new car. Maybe these two guys??

I have a feeling once Cyrul wins worlds with it that there will a lot of big names wanting on the new band wagon called Kyosho.

That and will be interesting to see how many disgruntled or incompetent T2 owners will be selling off there cars for this terrific car. ( I think the biggest problem with the T2 is the incompetence of some of the racers that don't know what the hell they are doing.)

One question, so is this the car that Cyrul built from the ground up on his own?? I thought I remember him posting something that Kyosho gave him free rain to make this his own project from start to finish.
huskerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 01:36 PM   #296
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

One other thing. When do we get to start complaining about the release date or shipping or customs from Japan. I think it should follow suit with Xray and Losi don't you?

I can't wait for the ever so famous words in recent rc history; "In two weeks!"
huskerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 02:51 PM   #297
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Anthony
As far as I knwo the only US driver is Josh Cyrul. I know Adachi is but as for the rest of them I am not sure. I'ld imagine Ito and the rest of the gas guys would be going to electric races now too.
i believe aaron buran, a fast stock foam racer from the gate, will be running for them this year as well.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:54 PM   #298
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerfreak
That and will be interesting to see how many disgruntled or incompetent T2 owners will be selling off there cars for this terrific car.
i know schumacher just picked up some great talent, in part, as a result of this frustration.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:59 PM   #299
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Its to bad the the car was not finished a little sooner than maybe Lemuix would have stuck it out with Kyosho instead of going to Xray. I don't know if that is the reason but it seems like that was what happened.
I talked to Paulie for a while one night in Vegas at a roulette table about this. He was really frustrated that he only got to run 1/12 scale at that race because Kyosho didn't have a TC for he and Josh to drive.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 04:07 PM   #300
Tech Adept

Quote:

One question, so is this the car that Cyrul built from the ground up on his own?? I thought I remember him posting something that Kyosho gave him free rain to make this his own project from start to finish.

Can I just add my internet dis-information to this discussion and say that I don't think this is Josh's car.
beerbarron is offline   Reply With Quote