R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-27-2006, 03:06 AM   #256
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yeah I've got those, but I believe that cars of Josh's (the saddle pack car) has evolved further since then, and I'd like to see pics of the newer version, if thats possible.
FIR#2 - "You can't buy this much talent"
Durango Dex410 - Schumacher Cougar SV - Top Photon
bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 05:38 AM   #257
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude
last year in less than 9 months, XRay was able to develop, tool, produce, and package the T2 upon the cusp of just releasing and distributing the FK05.
Well, Xray's cars have not always been original. They basically copy and REFINE other manufacturers' race proven designs which were doing well at that particular point in time. Throw in a couple of their own innovations (eg multi diff) and wala, a new kit in less than 9 months. On the other hand, Kyosho's prototype belt car, while not exactly a new design, hasn't been race proven at the very top level. So they will definitely not release it until they know it can keep pace or even surpass the current top cars (eg 415MSX, Cyclone, T2, etc). My guess is they want to take their time until they can be sure it can challenge for top honours in the World Champs in July this year.
Old 01-27-2006, 11:14 AM   #258
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyew
Well, Xray's cars have not always been original. They basically copy and REFINE other manufacturers' race proven designs which were doing well at that particular point in time. Throw in a couple of their own innovations (eg multi diff) and wala, a new kit in less than 9 months. On the other hand, Kyosho's prototype belt car, while not exactly a new design, hasn't been race proven at the very top level. So they will definitely not release it until they know it can keep pace or even surpass the current top cars (eg 415MSX, Cyclone, T2, etc). My guess is they want to take their time until they can be sure it can challenge for top honours in the World Champs in July this year.
As if they're performance at the next world champs will determine whether they will market RC kits or not? What is it that XRay can do that Kyosho can't? Besides, they've got Josh on their team and he can even drive a ROOMBA into the A-main. So what other reasons should there be for delays?

If I were the sales manager at Kyosho USA, I would do everything possible to get more product out there in this segment because sales is what pays for everyone's salary (even Josh's) and Kyosho is not in this business to work for free. Granted quality is important but the world does not stop to wait while you pick up after yourself. Retailers out there are anxious to sell Kyosho product, but if there is no product then there is nothing to sell.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 12:51 PM   #259
Tech Master

All the speculation is so funny.... Let's just put it this way - everyone at Kyosho is working very hard working on prototypes to live up to the Kyosho name and push things beyond what other companies have done so far. We've been testing and engineering as much as possible to create not only a great car for us to win races with, but a car that everyone can drive and enjoy. The goal is a complete car for foam and rubber tire racing with all the needed tweaks and adjustments to make it the mark to beat in both styles of racing. Why you see such different prototype cars is simple - multiple engineers working together, but racing against each other with seperate ideas to increase the rate of development and level that the product will be capable of. Ok.... Speculate on... I'm going back to work!!
Old 01-27-2006, 12:57 PM   #260
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
All the speculation is so funny.... Let's just put it this way - everyone at Kyosho is working very hard working on prototypes to live up to the Kyosho name and push things beyond what other companies have done so far. We've been testing and engineering as much as possible to create not only a great car for us to win races with, but a car that everyone can drive and enjoy. The goal is a complete car for foam and rubber tire racing with all the needed tweaks and adjustments to make it the mark to beat in both styles of racing. Why you see such different prototype cars is simple - multiple engineers working together, but racing against each other with seperate ideas to increase the rate of development and level that the product will be capable of. Ok.... Speculate on... I'm going back to work!!
Ya'll heard it from the horses mouth.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:19 PM   #261
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I heard it's powered by a combination Dylithium Core/Flux Capacitor system.

The only problem is that when it hits warp speed, the delay caused by the Amb system doesn't count 80% of your laps

My information (And believe me it's good) is that they are currently working on ways to slow it down.

Ok, Sorry Guys Just jokeing around. But I believe speculation does no good. So Nothing is ever set in stone untill it's on the self at your local HObby Shop.
Old 01-27-2006, 02:38 PM   #262
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I guess whenever you mention the name Josh twice in any one post it rings the Josh alarm. (Darn it!! I did it again! )

Sorry Josh. (Ooops third time sorry)
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 03:12 PM   #263
Tech Adept

Kyosho-just so long as it does not come with phillips head screws I'll be happy. I have no idea why Kyosho puts those on their 1/8 scales.

I'd rather see a saddle pack design with extra graphite for mounting electronics like the new GTB. Remeber 1/10 scale pan cars? They looked so nice with the body off. Simple, clean, ahhhhhhh.
beerbarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 09:50 PM   #264
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude
Besides, they've got Josh on their team and he can even drive a ROOMBA into the A-main. :
Thats right, rip on my quote!!!! LOL

took you long enough Josh!!!
Airtronics|Kyosho|
Tim Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 08:41 PM   #265
Tech Regular

does anyone know if josh cyrul will be racing at the snowbirds this weekend?
maybe we will see the car in action
bosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 11:27 PM   #266
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosfan
does anyone know if josh cyrul will be racing at the snowbirds this weekend?
maybe we will see the car in action
Why YES Josh Cyrul is entered. I believe he is entered for 12th mod GTP, TC Mod, 12th mod oval, and 10th Factory mod (6-cell) oval. He really is a renaissance man. You can view all enteries for the Birds at snowbirdnationals.com.
Brian Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 12:18 AM   #267
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to King of B Main

josh just build a better car than the xray car and everyone will be happy.
King of B Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 06:57 PM   #268
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Anthony
Why YES Josh Cyrul is entered. I believe he is entered for 12th mod GTP, TC Mod, 12th mod oval, and 10th Factory mod (6-cell) oval. He really is a renaissance man. You can view all enteries for the Birds at snowbirdnationals.com.

What car does Josh run in 1-10 factory mod? Will he be using the Kyosho in the pictures for mod-TC? Just wondering.
beerbarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 07:25 PM   #269
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of B Main
josh just build a better car than the xray car and everyone will be happy.

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 10:22 PM   #270
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

so is there any word on wether we will see a kyosho touring car. because if there is its all kyosho for me 1/10 tc 1/10 nitro onroad 1/10th elec 4d off road and maybe a sp2 lol i just like kyosho but they dont so far have an electric touring car which is what i want.
any way if they do awsome
M11
SP GT
SP 5.5,17.5
aus jd 2703 is offline   Reply With Quote