R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-25-2006, 08:40 PM   #241
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewdawg
Any "behind the scenes" knowledge about beerbarron's quote?
That Belt drive car that was posted a few back is the current looks of the car. Nothing is set in concrete yet.

Airtronics|Kyosho|
Tim Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 08:43 PM   #242
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude
In that case, then we won't see anything until mid to late summer. Unless you plan on airshipping these things, then you might as well tack on another $30 to every kit to cover the extra airshipping cost.

Anyways in that case, the super custom secret belt car will likely be released the earliest because chances are it will be made in the land of the rising sun and will not be hindered by the new year holiday break. And given that the expected market price will be quite high (HB Cyclone territory), there will be enough fat to allow for airshipping a limited quantity of these things once they're available. So if you see a pre-order oppertunity, I'd jump on it fast!!
that is a better guess
Airtronics|Kyosho|
Old 01-26-2006, 03:45 PM   #243
Tech Adept

Gearhead3-It would be nice if the car was scheduled to be released in early fall/late summer. That way it would be ready for the winter carpet season and Christmas. Does Kyosho have a drop dead date for design changes before it goes into production?

Last edited by beerbarron; 01-26-2006 at 04:25 PM.
beerbarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 05:17 PM   #244
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I'm sure the belt car can come within less than two months after the pen drops on that design. All they need is CNC time of the critical parts (CF & alum.), gather all the rest of the pieces from the Kyosho parts bin (ie hardware, bearings, hubs, etc), throw it in a generic Kyosho box and add an exploded view CAD drawing for instructions. As rough as it may be, sold in limited numbers through dealers like Speedtech on pre-orders, the production batch will be sold out before it even arrives here by airshippment.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 05:52 PM   #245
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I don't know why you guys are in such a hurry to get these new cars, that you're willing to let Kyosho do a "rush job" and probably put sub-standard product in the market. Haven't we learned from the other manufacturers who partake in those kind of practices? We only find ourselves pissed off because the company didn't do this right and they didn't that right. Parts are missing from the box or the wrong parts in the box. The instructions are incomplete, incorrect or not well laid out. Maybe, even worse, the instructions look like they used a black and white office printer and a stapler to assemble them. Yes! I also, would like to see these kits hit the stores A.S.A.P., but not at the expense of having an unfinished product. Let Kyosho take care of things and I'm sure we'll be rewarded nicely.

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC

Last edited by kewdawg; 01-26-2006 at 06:21 PM.
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 06:02 PM   #246
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

What happened to this car??? Is it still being developed, or was it just a one off???
$$$... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 06:22 PM   #247
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by $$$...
What happened to this car??? Is it still being developed, or was it just a one off???
See above^

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 08:20 PM   #248
Tech Adept

Quote:

That looks like a nice design. Anyone got a link to some higher res images of that chassis?
beerbarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 08:48 PM   #249
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Thats the car Josh used at the Reedy race last year, pics of that car can be found a few pages back in this thread. The car has gone through some changes since then....
RobS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 09:30 PM   #250
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbarron
Gearhead3-It would be nice if the car was scheduled to be released in early fall/late summer. That way it would be ready for the winter carpet season and Christmas. Does Kyosho have a drop dead date for design changes before it goes into production?
Nothing set in stone as of yet, but shooting for 4th quarter 2006.
Airtronics|Kyosho|
Old 01-26-2006, 09:35 PM   #251
Tech Master

Quote:
Another prototype. The car has evolved since that image You will find a few proto pics out there. The latest images floating around is the latest proto.
Airtronics|Kyosho|
Old 01-27-2006, 12:01 AM   #252
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewdawg
I don't know why you guys are in such a hurry to get these new cars, that you're willing to let Kyosho do a "rush job" and probably put sub-standard product in the market. Haven't we learned from the other manufacturers who partake in those kind of practices? We only find ourselves pissed off because the company didn't do this right and they didn't that right. Parts are missing from the box or the wrong parts in the box. The instructions are incomplete, incorrect or not well laid out. Maybe, even worse, the instructions look like they used a black and white office printer and a stapler to assemble them. Yes! I also, would like to see these kits hit the stores A.S.A.P., but not at the expense of having an unfinished product. Let Kyosho take care of things and I'm sure we'll be rewarded nicely.
I couldn't agree with you more. However, last year in less than 9 months, XRay was able to develop, tool, produce, and package the T2 upon the cusp of just releasing and distributing the FK05. Do you think Kyosho could afford to not produce any product for sale in the volital segment of EP sedans while XRay is running away with the market???? Quality is good, but market share is what drives companies like Kyosho to be in this business.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 12:26 AM   #253
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Now that the Japanese is going to switch to 4 cells there is probably going to be further delay with these car...
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 01:22 AM   #254
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead3
Another prototype. The car has evolved since that image You will find a few proto pics out there. The latest images floating around is the latest proto.
I've been lookin' but I cant find any newer pictures than the ones I already have. Please point me in the right direction
FIR#2 - "You can't buy this much talent"
Durango Dex410 - Schumacher Cougar SV - Top Photon
bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 01:39 AM   #255
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender
I've been lookin' but I cant find any newer pictures than the ones I already have. Please point me in the right direction

Page 5 of this thread has pics of that car... which I'm now lead to believe is an early prototype.
$$$... is offline   Reply With Quote