R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-24-2006, 08:17 PM   #226
Tech Regular

is this the belt car josh is working on or is there another?
bosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 08:26 PM   #227
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosfan
is this the belt car josh is working on or is there another?
Nah, Ern. THis is another prototype (the belt car) out of Japan. Josh's project is under tight wraps here in the states. We haven't seen much of it's progress here on R/C Tech.

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 09:52 PM   #228
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewdawg
Nah, Ern. THis is another prototype (the belt car) out of Japan. Josh's project is under tight wraps here in the states. We haven't seen much of it's progress here on R/C Tech.

Why don't the prototypes have phillips head screws?

Last edited by beerbarron; 03-30-2006 at 06:59 PM.
beerbarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 10:05 PM   #229
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What happened to the car that Josh ran at the US Indoorchamps? That car looked like it work great.

Chris
ctmazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 10:06 PM   #230
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Looks like Kyosho might beat Tamiya to the punch on a plate chassis version of the TA05
huskerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 10:11 PM   #231
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude
If we're all looking to see the product on the shelves in the next two months, we should all hope that product is already on the water by now.
Sorry, But I see nothing planned in the next two months for release.
Airtronics|Kyosho|
Tim Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 10:16 PM   #232
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctmazzo
What happened to the car that Josh ran at the US Indoorchamps? That car looked like it work great.

Chris
design changes.
Airtronics|Kyosho|
Tim Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 07:43 AM   #233
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead3
design changes.
Any "behind the scenes" knowledge about beerbarron's quote?

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 09:17 AM   #234
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 5thscaleracer

Quote:
I suspect that both cars (shaft/belt) will be available in the U.S. at around the same time. How each one will be presented to the market lies the true story of the two cars.

Like someone has already posted, the parts for the shaft car is almost all completely tooled due to iits offroad sibling. If you look at the arms on both cars, they look very finished. Therefore, parts are available for them to package a shaft car. Given that the parts are injection molded, it is obvious that this will be the car marketed to the masses. Kind of what the TL01 or the TT01 is for Tamiya except better.

However, if you look at the belt car, everything short of the arms and hubs, which are carry overs from the other car, is a custom machined part. In fact the front and rear bulkheads look very Atlas 'ish. (4 bolt shock mount) So similar to Tamiya, Kyosho may present this as a limited edition "go for broke" Team Car, like the 414s, 415s and so one. This will be the car for the competitive sportsman who needs a top level car to compete with.

So its only a matter of time when production, packaging and shipping will be done before we see these products on our shores. Average time for product to cross shores is about 6-8 weeks including customs. If we're all looking to see the product on the shelves in the next two months, we should all hope that product is already on the water by now.

so you going to add both of these cars to your Kyosho wall of fame i know i am!!

BTW where is your ova!!! mine is running and it's doing much better than any of my current cars old and busted is still rocking!!
5thscaleracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 10:33 AM   #235
Tech Adept

Im not really a big fan of Kyosho cars. I like there current nitro 1/10th and there 1/10th off road 4wd. But i have to say that the Belt drive looks the shiznit' at first i looked at it and thought T2 but looking at it closely its more appealing to me and would buy that over the T2 for sure. Maybe because i would want to be diffrent and not buy the Xray. Just my opinoin.

For now im sticking with my RDX

Wills
Mission_carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 10:51 AM   #236
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

now id buy that
Old 01-25-2006, 11:40 AM   #237
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead3
Sorry, But I see nothing planned in the next two months for release.
In that case, then we won't see anything until mid to late summer. Unless you plan on airshipping these things, then you might as well tack on another $30 to every kit to cover the extra airshipping cost.

Anyways in that case, the super custom secret belt car will likely be released the earliest because chances are it will be made in the land of the rising sun and will not be hindered by the new year holiday break. And given that the expected market price will be quite high (HB Cyclone territory), there will be enough fat to allow for airshipping a limited quantity of these things once they're available. So if you see a pre-order oppertunity, I'd jump on it fast!!
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 11:59 AM   #238
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thscaleracer
so you going to add both of these cars to your Kyosho wall of fame i know i am!!

BTW where is your ova!!! mine is running and it's doing much better than any of my current cars old and busted is still rocking!!
I snagged the ZX-5 out from you didn't I??

Just received the OVA. Its got a double oneway. Gonna be pretty slick in the twisties. There is another one available in the for sale forum anyone??
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 01:03 PM   #239
Tech Master

Quote:
In that case, then we won't see anything until mid to late summer. Unless you plan on airshipping these things, then you might as well tack on another $30 to every kit to cover the extra airshipping cost.

Anyways in that case, the super custom secret belt car will likely be released the earliest because chances are it will be made in the land of the rising sun and will not be hindered by the new year holiday break. And given that the expected market price will be quite high (HB Cyclone territory), there will be enough fat to allow for airshipping a limited quantity of these things once they're available. So if you see a pre-order oppertunity, I'd jump on it fast!!

There isn't any certainty as to what will be produced yet, but what is sure is that no car will be released anytime soon, these are all early stage prototypes, don't expect any of them out before a good 6 months, probably more.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 01:44 PM   #240
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 5thscaleracer

Quote:
I snagged the ZX-5 out from you didn't I??

Just received the OVA. Its got a double oneway. Gonna be pretty slick in the twisties. There is another one available in the for sale forum anyone??

SWEET!!! bring the car i will be there thrusday or saturday i want to see the T4.
5thscaleracer is offline   Reply With Quote