R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-02-2009, 07:13 AM   #1906
Tech Initiate

I have a Stallion roller all tricked out for Carpet racing, and a bunch of spare parts, PM me if your interested.
johnsimon454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 06:53 PM   #1907
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to VoneSkip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriiick View Post
they will release it .. just not ready yet.
Hopefully sooner than later
TWT - For the ultimate Setup and Tweak boards.
S2H Bodies For all your custom Painting needs
VoneSkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:59 AM   #1908
Tech Apprentice

where i can buy the Shin convertion?
Old 01-10-2009, 01:57 AM   #1909
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default batteries for Stallion

Can stick packs be used or do they have to be saddle packs ?
Old 01-10-2009, 02:15 AM   #1910
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

hi guys

question

ive got both stallion and the shin version , never built the shin until last week cause the standard stallion was going great , i run mod and was using lipos ( 3800 35c intellect's) which fitted straight in, with the shin cause of the narrower chassis the dont fit ,do you guys use the offset lipo holder ?
and also imafter a really neat esc and receiver setup whats the best layout for ballance and looks(using a futaba hrs receiver and speedpassion speedy) so there not the smallest of parts

chad
Old 01-10-2009, 06:09 AM   #1911
Tech Master

chad,

I have machined a steel plate to offset my lipo and make the lipo + plate assembly weight the same as a normal pack and it works great.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:25 AM   #1912
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (91%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32819toon View Post
Can stick packs be used or do they have to be saddle packs ?
I guess you could use stick packs. Just make sure you secure them to the chassis well. The car does not use saddle packs. It's designed for side by side 5 or 6 cell packs. I'm running Orion LiPo's in mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blown sv View Post
hi guys

question

ive got both stallion and the shin version , never built the shin until last week cause the standard stallion was going great , i run mod and was using lipos ( 3800 35c intellect's) which fitted straight in, with the shin cause of the narrower chassis the dont fit ,do you guys use the offset lipo holder ?
and also imafter a really neat esc and receiver setup whats the best layout for ballance and looks(using a futaba hrs receiver and speedpassion speedy) so there not the smallest of parts

chad
Well get the Shin version built! It's MUCH better than the old car! I too am using a steel LiPo plate that offsets the battery a touch to help balance the car. As far as electronics go, I'm running the Futaba 9451 servo, Futaba HRS receiver, Hacker motors, Orion speedo and batteries. Everything fits very nicely and it looks very clean. I'll take some pics tonight it you want.
Canyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:12 PM   #1913
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

cool thanks,
did you machine your own lipo plate as well?
Old 01-10-2009, 05:14 PM   #1914
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by blown sv View Post
cool thanks,
did you machine your own lipo plate as well?
No, there is a guy up here that makes them. I can get his contact info if you'd like it? Just pm me and let me know.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:20 AM   #1915
Tech Master

Just to let you know that I've TQ'd the fourth round of the British Indoors Winter Series this sunday with the Shin.

This is on low to medium grip rubberised running floor with Vtec 27s as the control tyres. I expect this setup to be a good basic asphalt setup and will have it posted on the Petit RC setup sheet database soon.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:58 AM   #1916
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Questions?? Kyosho vs TC5F

Can I get some feedback on how well this car compares in handling, parts and surpport to the TC5? looking to get one of the 2 down the line..Thanks for any feedback....
Old 01-27-2009, 12:58 PM   #1917
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarryN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Dickson View Post
Can I get some feedback on how well this car compares in handling, parts and surpport to the TC5? looking to get one of the 2 down the line..Thanks for any feedback....
+1

This car looks pretty nice and intuitive. I want to know everything that Ivan mentioned, as well.
Cars For Sale: FG 08-530 EVO w/ Sport Brakes!
Track(s): http://www.rctrack.com
HarryN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:50 PM   #1918
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I purchase my parts from Speedtech.com and Kyoshousa.com. They carry everything you should need.

I still run the Stallion with great success here in Austin,Texas.USA(parking lot). The only parts I wear out are the blades for the axles, the pivot bushings and cvd's.

Hope that helps,
Joe
Old 01-27-2009, 05:27 PM   #1919
Tech Master

I've been running the car (Stallion Shin) pretty much non stop for the last 5 months on carpet. It's really a great car. Comes down to driver skill. Drive blades are a common wear part, as well as the aluminum drive shafts. I've piled it into the wall a few times and the only things that break are the front suspension arms. Overall the car is great! I did have a few runs on asphalt, but never got a setup on it that I felt was good. Just never had the time. I'll be running it at Carpet Nats in March and I'm fairly confident it will do well. See my setup that I posted above for carpet for a good starting point.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:22 AM   #1920
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Maxey View Post
I purchase my parts from Speedtech.com and Kyoshousa.com. They carry everything you should need.

I still run the Stallion with great success here in Austin,Texas.USA(parking lot). The only parts I wear out are the blades for the axles, the pivot bushings and cvd's.

Hope that helps,
Joe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon View Post
I've been running the car (Stallion Shin) pretty much non stop for the last 5 months on carpet. It's really a great car. Comes down to driver skill. Drive blades are a common wear part, as well as the aluminum drive shafts. I've piled it into the wall a few times and the only things that break are the front suspension arms. Overall the car is great! I did have a few runs on asphalt, but never got a setup on it that I felt was good. Just never had the time. I'll be running it at Carpet Nats in March and I'm fairly confident it will do well. See my setup that I posted above for carpet for a good starting point.
Thanks for the feedback...