R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-12-2008, 08:11 PM   #1816
Tech Master
 
I)arkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Victoria,Aus
Posts: 1,106
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Hey TRF415boy

with your 5 cell mod setup i was a bit confused with this part of

ackermann forward-C, 1,5mm under the ball nuts on bellcrank side, inverted ball nuts on the knuckle side, rear hole on the knuckle,
standard shock position,

can you post a pic of the section of the car so i can see what you have done please
I)arkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 01:25 AM   #1817
sbs
Tech Apprentice
 
sbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Faxe , Denmark
Posts: 90
Default

Here are some pic.of Steenís car at the ETS Finale at Andernach in Germany.

See more pic. From the Race at http://ets.redrc.net
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho Touring Car-sun1steenchassis-1.jpg   Kyosho Touring Car-sun1steenchassis-2.jpg   Kyosho Touring Car-sun1steenchassis-3.jpg  
__________________
Soren B. Sorensen

Team-manager
Empty Pocket RC-Team
Serpent S411 / Powered by EPRCT Motor Management
sbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:17 PM   #1818
Tech Master
 
I)arkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Victoria,Aus
Posts: 1,106
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

hey

has anyone found to have a huge amount of vibration when the cars steering is at a 100% with tyres on. and when they are off there isnt much an effect. could this be caused by unballanced and warped tyres or is there a rubbing somewhere on the uni pins or something else.

to get it to stop vibrating i need to turn my steering down to like 85%, has anyone else experinced this???? and perhaps know a way to solve it??
I)arkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:46 PM   #1819
Tech Fanatic
 
[[john]]'s Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 852
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Yeah, Mines the same Brad, I'd say unbalanced wheels..

And that new TF5 looks sexy!. .Where can I pre-order ?
[[john]] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:02 AM   #1820
Tech Master
 
I)arkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Victoria,Aus
Posts: 1,106
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

yeah but the unbalanced wheels dont have an effect, as it stops when i turn the steering down so i cant be the wheels
I)arkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 01:17 AM   #1821
Tech Fanatic
 
[[john]]'s Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 852
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Oh yeah, Mine stops too.

And unbalanced wheels would vibrate all the time, Not just whilst steering.

Anyway, We can look @ the two cars on sunday and see what the cause could be.
[[john]] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:46 AM   #1822
Tech Addict
 
32819toon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North of England
Posts: 580
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default SHIN EDITION CONVERSION KIT

Is anyone still looking for a Shin conversion for their Stallion ? I may have a new one to sell. PM me if interested.
32819toon
__________________
32819toon
VBC Wildfire D08, Yokomo BD7 RS, Schumacher Atom, Tamiya M03, M05 (outdoor Mini), M03RWD, MF01-X, BSR M-Rage, ABC Gambado, Associated TC4 (outdoor car).
32819toon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 03:41 AM   #1823
Tech Addict
 
32819toon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North of England
Posts: 580
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32819toon View Post
Is anyone still looking for a Shin conversion for their Stallion ? I may have a new one to sell. PM me if interested.
32819toon
Check this out in the for sale thread
__________________
32819toon
VBC Wildfire D08, Yokomo BD7 RS, Schumacher Atom, Tamiya M03, M05 (outdoor Mini), M03RWD, MF01-X, BSR M-Rage, ABC Gambado, Associated TC4 (outdoor car).
32819toon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:01 PM   #1824
Tech Master
 
TRF415boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I)arkness View Post
Hey TRF415boy

with your 5 cell mod setup i was a bit confused with this part of

ackermann forward-C, 1,5mm under the ball nuts on bellcrank side, inverted ball nuts on the knuckle side, rear hole on the knuckle,
standard shock position,

can you post a pic of the section of the car so i can see what you have done please
Sorry pal I've been taking a break from racing... never seen your question lol.

Can't do that i'm afraid the car's about 1000 miles away... but it's pretty straight forward. Put 1.5mm under the balls on the bell crank and put the balls on the steering hubs the other way round.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:05 PM   #1825
Tech Master
 
TRF415boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I)arkness View Post
hey

has anyone found to have a huge amount of vibration when the cars steering is at a 100% with tyres on. and when they are off there isnt much an effect. could this be caused by unballanced and warped tyres or is there a rubbing somewhere on the uni pins or something else.

to get it to stop vibrating i need to turn my steering down to like 85%, has anyone else experinced this???? and perhaps know a way to solve it??
Same answer as every time, it's the spool and the fact that the driveshafts aren't real cvds. The answer is to use a delrin spool.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:03 PM   #1826
Tech Master
 
I)arkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Victoria,Aus
Posts: 1,106
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

hey thanks was wondering what happend as it was a while a go i posted that.

could you tell me where to order the spool from as i have looked and couldnt find the compay that actuall made them or what part number that it was, if you could let me know that would be great
I)arkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:13 AM   #1827
Tech Master
 
TRF415boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I)arkness View Post
hey thanks was wondering what happend as it was a while a go i posted that.

could you tell me where to order the spool from as i have looked and couldnt find the compay that actuall made them or what part number that it was, if you could let me know that would be great
Sadly the person who made my spool passed away. I do not know who else makes them, i've heard TOP is, but I think it's a full delrin spool.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:02 PM   #1828
Tech Master
 
I)arkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Victoria,Aus
Posts: 1,106
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

ive seen these on the net but cant ever seem to get one as they are always sold out, would they do just as good a job as the one you have
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho Touring Car-dscn4443.jpg  
I)arkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:22 AM   #1829
Tech Master
 
TRF415boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I)arkness View Post
ive seen these on the net but cant ever seem to get one as they are always sold out, would they do just as good a job as the one you have
yeah they should, onyl thing is if it breaks you need a new spool not just a new outdrive...

PS : R.I.P. Patrick
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 12:30 PM   #1830
Tech Elite
 
dodo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: the archipelago
Posts: 3,095
Send a message via Yahoo to dodo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbs View Post
Here are some pic.of Steenís car at the ETS Finale at Andernach in Germany.

See more pic. From the Race at http://ets.redrc.net
are those TRF dampers?
dodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kyosho TF-5 Competition Touring Car controlledchaos R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 10-16-2010 10:18 PM
New Kyosho Touring kit from Championship r1champ Electric On-Road 4 01-22-2008 11:17 AM
FS/FT: KYOSHO NITRO TOURING CAR RTR FUJIMO R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 01-05-2007 12:06 PM
Kyosho EP Touring car ChadCapece Electric On-Road 20 03-20-2005 03:16 PM
Kyosho KX-One touring car slamminsam R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 02-19-2002 09:13 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:22 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net