R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-02-2008, 02:00 AM   #1801
Tech Elite
 
blown sv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: sydney
Posts: 2,261
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

also kyosho have alloy ones which are different to the standard plastic ones,which were made to give more rear grip
__________________
Ace Hobby Distributors Australia ,Team Associated, HobbyWing ,Proline Australia ,Plaig Bearings , JA Designs
blown sv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:12 AM   #1802
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 30
Default

I allready drove the alu ones but the xrays were way better
__________________
Team Hotbodies
vasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:44 AM   #1803
Tech Master
 
I)arkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Victoria,Aus
Posts: 1,106
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

hey with the rear having offset which ones were u using as the kyosho have 2 of which you can choose from, and when u did decide to use xray ones what offset did u go with
I)arkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:00 AM   #1804
Tech Master
 
I)arkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Victoria,Aus
Posts: 1,106
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

sorry double post

Last edited by I)arkness; 06-02-2008 at 10:35 PM.
I)arkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:04 AM   #1805
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 30
Default

I ran the std ones from the kit and replaced them by the xrays with 0 offset
__________________
Team Hotbodies
vasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 12:34 AM   #1806
sbs
Tech Apprentice
 
sbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Faxe , Denmark
Posts: 90
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasco View Post
I think Kyosho will release a new car instead of hopupping the Shin edition.
At this Sunday (1.jun.) we ran the 2nd round of our nationals , at this round Steen Graversen was using the new prototype , it have the motor longer back , have a longer top plate, (similar to the Tamiya 416.) and it have 36T Pulley instead of the 33T on the Shin I’m using.

The car was running very good , Steen was TQ, 1 lap ahead (new track record) of
nr 2 Jonas Kaerup (Euro Champ 2004) driving a HB Cyclone, in the finals Steen won the 1. & 2. final and not starting in the 3.

As I see it, we are looking forward to a really fast new Kyosho
__________________
Soren B. Sorensen

Team-manager
Empty Pocket RC-Team
Serpent S411 / Powered by EPRCT Motor Management
sbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 09:44 AM   #1807
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 30
Default

I red the acticle at redrc.net about the Danish nats. Does anyone has pictures of the car Steen was running?

The new Kyosho looks killer, I can't wait for the release of that car. I think its going to be a lot better and easyer than the Stallion!
__________________
Team Hotbodies
vasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 09:48 AM   #1808
Tech Elite
 
yyhayyim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Weston, FL
Posts: 3,424
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasco View Post
I red the acticle at redrc.net about the Danish nats. Does anyone has pictures of the car Steen was running?

The new Kyosho looks killer, I can't wait for the release of that car. I think its going to be a lot better and easyer than the Stallion!
Maybe, but if they think they will sell it for $480 like they tried to do with the Stallions, they wont sell much here in the US. Many people are turning to S400 and the new Cyclone TC and AE TC5 because they are much more affordable and work really good.
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 03:20 AM   #1809
Tech Master
 
TRF415boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,857
Default

You will not have known because the Shin wasn't distributed in the US, but even if it wasn't much cheaper to buy than the original stallion, it comes with all the options you need... I'm sure the new car when it gets released will be better priced than before.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 04:44 AM   #1810
sbs
Tech Apprentice
 
sbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Faxe , Denmark
Posts: 90
Default

[quote=vasco;4504122]Does anyone has pictures of the car Steen was running?
quote]

I have no pictures of Steenīs car but it looks like the one Shin was using at Wold Warm up, see attach pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho Touring Car-wwup-shin6.jpg  
__________________
Soren B. Sorensen

Team-manager
Empty Pocket RC-Team
Serpent S411 / Powered by EPRCT Motor Management
sbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 06:41 PM   #1811
Tech Elite
 
yyhayyim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Weston, FL
Posts: 3,424
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRF415boy View Post
You will not have known because the Shin wasn't distributed in the US, but even if it wasn't much cheaper to buy than the original stallion, it comes with all the options you need... I'm sure the new car when it gets released will be better priced than before.
My post refered to Stallions, not Shin editions

The TF-5 Stallion, was introduced at over $480 when it first came out, and SpeedTechRC was one of the first to carry it and sell it. The price continued tat way till recently since poor sales bit them hard in the end.

Extremely expensive car and very expensive aluminum parts like bulk heads, CVD's, etc...

Hopefully Kyosho will learn their lesson- I'm sure Gil Losi Jr in the mix will certainly help out.

How is it possible that a Kyosho RRR WC kit sells for around $410, and their electric TC sells for almost $490?
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 12:38 AM   #1812
Tech Champion
 
VoneSkip's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Bendigo ,Victoria
Posts: 6,632
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to VoneSkip
Default

Any Idea when the New Car is likely to be Released ?

I can't wait
__________________
Team Destiny-A New Chassis - Top Quality and Value -PM me for further details
Hobbywing- For High performance ,Quality products.
PROAMPS - High performance Batteries and Servos - "When only the best will do"
TWT - For the ultimate Setup and Tweak boards.
S2H Bodies For all your custom Painting needs
VoneSkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 03:37 AM   #1813
Tech Master
 
I)arkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Victoria,Aus
Posts: 1,106
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

not sure skip most likely to be some time next year i would say or they might try and phase in towards the end of year for Christmas depending on their progress on team drivers cars i guess, but most likely they will release it at a major hobby and toys expo like most other car brands do.

but i would say it would be a while as kyosho tend to wait a long time not like tamiya, having a car out every couple of months
I)arkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 11:00 AM   #1814
Tech Master
 
TRF415boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim View Post
My post refered to Stallions, not Shin editions

The TF-5 Stallion, was introduced at over $480 when it first came out, and SpeedTechRC was one of the first to carry it and sell it. The price continued tat way till recently since poor sales bit them hard in the end.

Extremely expensive car and very expensive aluminum parts like bulk heads, CVD's, etc...

Hopefully Kyosho will learn their lesson- I'm sure Gil Losi Jr in the mix will certainly help out.

How is it possible that a Kyosho RRR WC kit sells for around $410, and their electric TC sells for almost $490?
I know and that's why i'm telling you that the shin was a big improvement on the equipment side compared to the normal stallion as it came with all the alloy bits you need for a similar price to the stallion.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 05:20 PM   #1815
Tech Champion
 
VoneSkip's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Bendigo ,Victoria
Posts: 6,632
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to VoneSkip
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I)arkness View Post
not sure skip most likely to be some time next year i would say or they might try and phase in towards the end of year for Christmas depending on their progress on team drivers cars i guess, but most likely they will release it at a major hobby and toys expo like most other car brands do.

but i would say it would be a while as kyosho tend to wait a long time not like tamiya, having a car out every couple of months
Sooner the Better I say although I am Mega Happy with my Stallion now I do have some $$$$ Burning a Hole in my Pocket
__________________
Team Destiny-A New Chassis - Top Quality and Value -PM me for further details
Hobbywing- For High performance ,Quality products.
PROAMPS - High performance Batteries and Servos - "When only the best will do"
TWT - For the ultimate Setup and Tweak boards.
S2H Bodies For all your custom Painting needs
VoneSkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kyosho TF-5 Competition Touring Car controlledchaos R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 10-16-2010 10:18 PM
New Kyosho Touring kit from Championship r1champ Electric On-Road 4 01-22-2008 11:17 AM
FS/FT: KYOSHO NITRO TOURING CAR RTR FUJIMO R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 01-05-2007 12:06 PM
Kyosho EP Touring car ChadCapece Electric On-Road 20 03-20-2005 03:16 PM
Kyosho KX-One touring car slamminsam R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 02-19-2002 09:13 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:35 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net