Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Kyosho Touring Car >

Kyosho Touring Car

Kyosho Touring Car

Old 12-09-2007, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default kit

so the stock tf-5 stallion is a good car belt drive , hows 300 for the kit new good price
Old 12-09-2007, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Sounds good. Go to speedtechrc and drop about $100 on spares and you should be set for a season of racing.

I would buy the aluminum solid axle and springs and some shims for the hinge pin holders so you can adjust the roll center and what ever else you think you might break.

I have ran my car 5 times and have had 0 breakages and no problems. Won all 5 times.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hey after running the spool a few times I had a problems after taking a hit and rolling the car on the track it seemed to break the blades. any suggestions.

i might try the original front one way but with the spool conversion as it doesn't use blades rather metal outdrives, this might work or either wear the uni's out
Old 12-10-2007, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by I)arkness
hey after running the spool a few times I had a problems after taking a hit and rolling the car on the track it seemed to break the blades. any suggestions.

i might try the original front one way but with the spool conversion as it doesn't use blades rather metal outdrives, this might work or either wear the uni's out
put blk grease on the blades ...that should help you out...
Old 12-14-2007, 01:37 AM
Tech Initiate

any hobbyshops in the usa sells the shin edition kit,front diff,and parts ?
on speedteck web site i dont see the shin kit nor the diffs.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sammy saks
any hobbyshops in the usa sells the shin edition kit,front diff,and parts ?
on speedteck web site i dont see the shin kit nor the diffs.
At this time nobody in the states is selling the SHIN kit, or the conversion. Kyosho as not decided if they are going to import it yet to Kyosho USA. That is the last information I have heard. You can get it from different interent dealers outside the US.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:41 AM
Tech Initiate

thanks man
i think kyosho thinks of the usa as a secondary market that they dont give a shit about anyways.they dont have product support and this is the 4th or 5th kit that they dont bring here,thats discrimination.i hope x-ray kicks their ass in evry racing class,or maybe they doing it already.
Old 12-15-2007, 09:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

thanks man
i think kyosho thinks of the usa as a secondary market that they dont give a shit about anyways.they dont have product support and this is the 4th or 5th kit that they dont bring here,thats discrimination.i hope x-ray kicks their ass in evry racing class,or maybe they doing it already.
Sammy you don't even know what you are talking about
For any manufacturer that has a supply chain in the U.S.A.
The item has to have a demand for it & as of now there is not a demand for it. They simply felt with the asking price that it is well to expensive so they decided not to carry the kits in the U.S.A & it was including the SPADA as well they felt no one was going to pay x amount of dollars for it.
Sammy drop me a line
Old 12-15-2007, 12:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Sammy you don't even know what you are talking about
For any manufacturer that has a supply chain in the U.S.A.
The item has to have a demand for it & as of now there is not a demand for it. They simply felt with the asking price that it is well to expensive so they decided not to carry the kits in the U.S.A & it was including the SPADA as well they felt no one was going to pay x amount of dollars for it.
Sammy drop me a line
are u and kyosho out of reality?
how do you know if thre is a demand for it or not till you make your product available?
*they simply felt*!!!!....it goes by feelings now?
expensive!!!?how expensive?
why,people in europe and china and japan can afford expensive kits and here in the US we cant,are u serious?
xray have a car out evry year and they are flying off the shelf @430 bux,corally as well@485 bux,and they cant keep up with the demand for the option parts thats another added $$.
and for your info any car that performe good on the track and have enough customer support will sell.period
may be kyosho is lacking one of these reasons or maybe both,you tell me george.
oh 1 more thing kyosho feeeeeeeels that the an rtr 1/12 scale gas spada is expensive to carry it in the US@230 BUX.........REALLY!!!!!?.
MY 1/28 SCALE MINI Z Cost more then that with its kyosho up grade,and they have them in the US.
tamiya,xray.corally,losi,assosiated,even serpent and top sythc,felt thre is a market for thier ep cars in the US,but kyosho feels otherwise,lol.
i can send them and send you some flowers if that can change their feelings
Old 12-15-2007, 01:14 PM
Tech Adept

hey, speaking of mini z's. Where do you run yours in NY? Is there a track? Im looking to get into mini-z racing...
Old 12-15-2007, 06:43 PM
Tech Initiate

are u and kyosho out of reality?
how do you know if thre is a demand for it or not till you make your product available?
*they simply felt*!!!!....it goes by feelings now?
expensive!!!?how expensive?
why,people in europe and china and japan can afford expensive kits and here in the US we cant,are u serious?
xray have a car out evry year and they are flying off the shelf @430 bux,corally as well@485 bux,and they cant keep up with the demand for the option parts thats another added $$.
and for your info any car that performe good on the track and have enough customer support will sell.period
may be kyosho is lacking one of these reasons or maybe both,you tell me george.
oh 1 more thing kyosho feeeeeeeels that the an rtr 1/12 scale gas spada is expensive to carry it in the US@230 BUX.........REALLY!!!!!?.
MY 1/28 SCALE MINI Z Cost more then that with its kyosho up grade,and they have them in the US.
tamiya,xray.corally,losi,assosiated,even serpent and top sythc,felt thre is a market for thier ep cars in the US,but kyosho feels otherwise,lol.
i can send them and send you some flowers if that can change their feelings
LMAO - Finally someone gets it - Kyosho chose to go with an inferior design - then expected the Shin kit to "fix" the problem. Kyosho USA is sitting on cars no one wants because they aren't competitive. Now the Shin kit is too expensive and no one will pay for it? One blunder on top of another! My condolences to the team drivers who are now loosing their rides because Kyosho is loosing interest/money in creating a competitive product.
Old 12-15-2007, 07:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by slewis
LMAO - Finally someone gets it - Kyosho chose to go with an inferior design - then expected the Shin kit to "fix" the problem. Kyosho USA is sitting on cars no one wants because they aren't competitive. Now the Shin kit is too expensive and no one will pay for it? One blunder on top of another! My condolences to the team drivers who are now loosing their rides because Kyosho is loosing interest/money in creating a competitive product.
right on the money slewis and sammy,thank you
Old 12-17-2007, 07:03 AM
sbs
Tech Apprentice

Hi
Sorry to read that you can’t get a SHIN in the US, I have just been running mine for the first time yesterday, and it was running so good right out of the box I was close to my lap times I was running with my old car (HB Cyclone) so I am realy looking forward to work more with the set up of the Shin Edition
Old 12-24-2007, 06:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hi, I am currently running a standard TF-5 fully hop up. I was thinking to get the SHIN conversion kit. Do u guys think its worth it? Does it help in the handling or drive better? Pls advise. Thxs!
Old 01-01-2008, 04:15 PM
Tech Initiate

I see Cyrul is not listing Kyosho as a sponsor in his signature anymore - any news on that?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.