R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-09-2007, 08:55 PM   #1666
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default kit

so the stock tf-5 stallion is a good car belt drive , hows 300 for the kit new good price
ON A MISSION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:06 PM   #1667
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Sounds good. Go to speedtechrc and drop about $100 on spares and you should be set for a season of racing.

I would buy the aluminum solid axle and springs and some shims for the hinge pin holders so you can adjust the roll center and what ever else you think you might break.

I have ran my car 5 times and have had 0 breakages and no problems. Won all 5 times.
Joe Maxey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 03:12 AM   #1668
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hey after running the spool a few times I had a problems after taking a hit and rolling the car on the track it seemed to break the blades. any suggestions.

i might try the original front one way but with the spool conversion as it doesn't use blades rather metal outdrives, this might work or either wear the uni's out
I)arkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:57 AM   #1669
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to King of B Main

Quote:
Originally Posted by I)arkness View Post
hey after running the spool a few times I had a problems after taking a hit and rolling the car on the track it seemed to break the blades. any suggestions.

i might try the original front one way but with the spool conversion as it doesn't use blades rather metal outdrives, this might work or either wear the uni's out
put blk grease on the blades ...that should help you out...
King of B Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 02:37 AM   #1670
Tech Initiate

any hobbyshops in the usa sells the shin edition kit,front diff,and parts ?
on speedteck web site i dont see the shin kit nor the diffs.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:13 PM   #1671
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy saks View Post
any hobbyshops in the usa sells the shin edition kit,front diff,and parts ?
on speedteck web site i dont see the shin kit nor the diffs.
At this time nobody in the states is selling the SHIN kit, or the conversion. Kyosho as not decided if they are going to import it yet to Kyosho USA. That is the last information I have heard. You can get it from different interent dealers outside the US.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:41 PM   #1672
Tech Initiate

thanks man
i think kyosho thinks of the usa as a secondary market that they dont give a shit about anyways.they dont have product support and this is the 4th or 5th kit that they dont bring here,thats discrimination.i hope x-ray kicks their ass in evry racing class,or maybe they doing it already.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:21 AM   #1673
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
thanks man
i think kyosho thinks of the usa as a secondary market that they dont give a shit about anyways.they dont have product support and this is the 4th or 5th kit that they dont bring here,thats discrimination.i hope x-ray kicks their ass in evry racing class,or maybe they doing it already.
Sammy you don't even know what you are talking about
For any manufacturer that has a supply chain in the U.S.A.
The item has to have a demand for it & as of now there is not a demand for it. They simply felt with the asking price that it is well to expensive so they decided not to carry the kits in the U.S.A & it was including the SPADA as well they felt no one was going to pay x amount of dollars for it.
Sammy drop me a line
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 01:05 PM   #1674
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
Sammy you don't even know what you are talking about
For any manufacturer that has a supply chain in the U.S.A.
The item has to have a demand for it & as of now there is not a demand for it. They simply felt with the asking price that it is well to expensive so they decided not to carry the kits in the U.S.A & it was including the SPADA as well they felt no one was going to pay x amount of dollars for it.
Sammy drop me a line
are u and kyosho out of reality?
how do you know if thre is a demand for it or not till you make your product available?
*they simply felt*!!!!....it goes by feelings now?
expensive!!!?how expensive?
why,people in europe and china and japan can afford expensive kits and here in the US we cant,are u serious?
xray have a car out evry year and they are flying off the shelf @430 bux,corally as [email protected] bux,and they cant keep up with the demand for the option parts thats another added $$.
and for your info any car that performe good on the track and have enough customer support will sell.period
may be kyosho is lacking one of these reasons or maybe both,you tell me george.
oh 1 more thing kyosho feeeeeeeels that the an rtr 1/12 scale gas spada is expensive to carry it in the [email protected] BUX.........REALLY!!!!!?.
MY 1/28 SCALE MINI Z Cost more then that with its kyosho up grade,and they have them in the US.
tamiya,xray.corally,losi,assosiated,even serpent and top sythc,felt thre is a market for thier ep cars in the US,but kyosho feels otherwise,lol.
i can send them and send you some flowers if that can change their feelings
Old 12-15-2007, 02:14 PM   #1675
Tech Adept

hey, speaking of mini z's. Where do you run yours in NY? Is there a track? Im looking to get into mini-z racing...
slomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 07:43 PM   #1676
Tech Initiate

Quote:
are u and kyosho out of reality?
how do you know if thre is a demand for it or not till you make your product available?
*they simply felt*!!!!....it goes by feelings now?
expensive!!!?how expensive?
why,people in europe and china and japan can afford expensive kits and here in the US we cant,are u serious?
xray have a car out evry year and they are flying off the shelf @430 bux,corally as [email protected] bux,and they cant keep up with the demand for the option parts thats another added $$.
and for your info any car that performe good on the track and have enough customer support will sell.period
may be kyosho is lacking one of these reasons or maybe both,you tell me george.
oh 1 more thing kyosho feeeeeeeels that the an rtr 1/12 scale gas spada is expensive to carry it in the [email protected] BUX.........REALLY!!!!!?.
MY 1/28 SCALE MINI Z Cost more then that with its kyosho up grade,and they have them in the US.
tamiya,xray.corally,losi,assosiated,even serpent and top sythc,felt thre is a market for thier ep cars in the US,but kyosho feels otherwise,lol.
i can send them and send you some flowers if that can change their feelings
LMAO - Finally someone gets it - Kyosho chose to go with an inferior design - then expected the Shin kit to "fix" the problem. Kyosho USA is sitting on cars no one wants because they aren't competitive. Now the Shin kit is too expensive and no one will pay for it? One blunder on top of another! My condolences to the team drivers who are now loosing their rides because Kyosho is loosing interest/money in creating a competitive product.
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 08:43 PM   #1677
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis View Post
LMAO - Finally someone gets it - Kyosho chose to go with an inferior design - then expected the Shin kit to "fix" the problem. Kyosho USA is sitting on cars no one wants because they aren't competitive. Now the Shin kit is too expensive and no one will pay for it? One blunder on top of another! My condolences to the team drivers who are now loosing their rides because Kyosho is loosing interest/money in creating a competitive product.
right on the money slewis and sammy,thank you
trackpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 08:03 AM   #1678
sbs
Tech Apprentice

Hi
Sorry to read that you canít get a SHIN in the US, I have just been running mine for the first time yesterday, and it was running so good right out of the box I was close to my lap times I was running with my old car (HB Cyclone) so I am realy looking forward to work more with the set up of the Shin Edition

Team-manager
Empty Pocket RC-Team
Serpent S411 / Powered by EPRCT Motor Management
sbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 07:20 PM   #1679
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hi, I am currently running a standard TF-5 fully hop up. I was thinking to get the SHIN conversion kit. Do u guys think its worth it? Does it help in the handling or drive better? Pls advise. Thxs!
Old 01-01-2008, 05:15 PM   #1680
Tech Initiate

I see Cyrul is not listing Kyosho as a sponsor in his signature anymore - any news on that?
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote