R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-21-2013, 07:43 PM   #736
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty View Post
So just thinking out loud here...

I'm guessing we'll have 2 rounds of controlled practice Thursday and both/either will be used to seed the qualifiers. So 200+ cars/bodies/batteries/motors etc have from when RMT opens Thursday am until the first round of controlled practice starts Thursday to get stickered/OK'd through tech, correct?
They have done it with more vehicles than that on the off-road side. Also, Thursday is not mandatory and not everyone shows up. Those guys just get put into lower qualifying heats and they get their cars teched upon arriving on Friday.

I know at the off-road nats, teching on Thursday was more of a courtesy and not mandatory. It was the teching on Friday that counts.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:47 PM   #737
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So the new Tekin motor is going to be allowed at the carpet nats when its less than 30 days away from the race? Hmmm seems like I rememeber another companies motors not being allowed at a paved nationals when it was approved in that same time frame
thisguy2849 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:48 PM   #738
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
So just thinking out loud here...

I'm guessing we'll have 2 rounds of controlled practice Thursday and both/either will be used to seed the qualifiers. So 200+ cars/bodies/batteries/motors etc have from when RMT opens Thursday am until the first round of controlled practice starts Thursday to get stickered/OK'd through tech, correct?
just curious, because i have never been. do you need tech stickers before controlled practice? do people really skirt the rules for initial qual positions?
Old 02-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #739
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I hope tech counts for Thursday's controlled practice if they are being used to seed the qualifiers. If the cars aren't being looked at for the controlled practices that determine the heat you're in I would hope no one would try to get into a better heat with a car that wouldn't pass tech.
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|

Last edited by andrewdoherty; 02-21-2013 at 08:02 PM.
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:40 PM   #740
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
I hope tech counts for Thursday's controlled practice if they are being used to seed the qualifiers. If the cars aren't being looked at for the controlled practices that determine the heat you're in I would hope no one would try to get into a better heat with a car that wouldn't pass tech.
They didnt tech the controlled practice last year that I recall

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/Tekin/Sweep Racing/RSD/180 Raceway/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid/Sanwa
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:57 PM   #741
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeunit1014 View Post
They didnt tech the controlled practice last year that I recall
Cars had to go thru tech last year starting with the first round of controlled practice on Friday morning. And we were told that we needed to have our motors/batts/bodies thru pre-tech and stickered prior to the first round of controlled practice... But tech opened at ~3pm on Thurs prior to the event actually starting. Whether or not they DQed anyone or made them sit out if they didn't have their stuff stickered or did not pass thru initial tech for controlled practice, I cannot comment on.

Edit: This was the basis for my original question a few pages back. I was just trying to decide what time to get my flight for on Weds... If tech was open Weds evening and we were expected to have everything teched/stickered prior to round 1 of controlled practice, then my plan was to show up earlier on Weds to make sure I was squared away. The impression I am getting from the Horsham guys and the Roar reps in here is that all tech will take place on Thurs and we will get some open track time in which to handle it... ie: not jumping straight into controlled heats at 8am, like last year.
JamesL_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:22 AM   #742
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesL_71 View Post
Cars had to go thru tech last year starting with the first round of controlled practice on Friday morning. And we were told that we needed to have our motors/batts/bodies thru pre-tech and stickered prior to the first round of controlled practice... But tech opened at ~3pm on Thurs prior to the event actually starting. Whether or not they DQed anyone or made them sit out if they didn't have their stuff stickered or did not pass thru initial tech for controlled practice, I cannot comment on.

Edit: This was the basis for my original question a few pages back. I was just trying to decide what time to get my flight for on Weds... If tech was open Weds evening and we were expected to have everything teched/stickered prior to round 1 of controlled practice, then my plan was to show up earlier on Weds to make sure I was squared away. The impression I am getting from the Horsham guys and the Roar reps in here is that all tech will take place on Thurs and we will get some open track time in which to handle it... ie: not jumping straight into controlled heats at 8am, like last year.
Just a reminder, there is a resort after the first 2 rounds of qualifiers anyway. So, it all gets straightened out there also.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:23 AM   #743
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisguy2849 View Post
So the new Tekin motor is going to be allowed at the carpet nats when its less than 30 days away from the race? Hmmm seems like I rememeber another companies motors not being allowed at a paved nationals when it was approved in that same time frame
Hasn't this motor been onsale for a while now? I can see it in stock at several places, I'm thinking the approval was the "re approval" of the "new standards"? The issue with the other motor was you could not get it 2 weeks prior to the race (there are those that claim you could, but I tried and no one actually had them in stock, only factory drivers managed to get them). From those that I talked too who tested the gen2, they weren't planning on running it either way
Old 02-22-2013, 07:29 AM   #744
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

so that means I can run my duo 3.5 17.5 in controlled practice!!!!
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:07 AM   #745
Tech Champion

I will be working with the race director to get a schedule posted online so we can give everyone a better idea of the flow of events throughout each day.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:16 AM   #746
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackani View Post
I will be working with the race director to get a schedule posted online so we can give everyone a better idea of the flow of events throughout each day.
That would be great, thank you.
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:10 AM   #747
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackani View Post
Thanks.

I really hope ROAR finds a way to make open practice work. Otherwise those of us flying in are looking at 7-9 times on the track total the entire weekend.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:44 PM   #748
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Thanks.

I really hope ROAR finds a way to make open practice work. Otherwise those of us flying in are looking at 7-9 times on the track total the entire weekend.

This takes home field advantage to a whole other level...
Old 02-22-2013, 03:00 PM   #749
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Thanks.

+1

RC Excitement: Fitchburg, MA | RC Madness: Enfield, CT | Horsham RC
samnelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:14 PM   #750
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwork View Post
This takes home field advantage to a whole other level...
+1000,000,000 and the top locals at horsham are top 10 give or take at most tracks
JOE SI is offline   Reply With Quote