R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-19-2013, 04:54 AM   #256
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have the demonstrated ability to get my ass kicked, whether it is with a faster motor or a slower one. So, if the d3.5's are disallowed, that doesn't matter much to me.
vafactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:27 AM   #257
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace View Post
This rumor has been swirling around since before the IIC I can't believe anyone would be completely blindsided by this. As I have heard grumblings about this from 3 dozen people in the last 6 months.
This does not justify r.o.a.r. approving the motor, letting 10 months go by (including most of the indoor season), then making it illegal right before the Nationals. Not to mention the long - reaching effects it will have on the companies, industry and racers! I smell bullshit, sir.

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:09 AM   #258
Tech Fanatic

Any idea when registration will open? With all the drama going on with ROAR... I wouldn't be surprised if online sign ups were overlooked with all the other issues going on.
Mike Pulfer is my HERO....
scootr117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:19 AM   #259
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootr117 View Post
Any idea when registration will open? With all the drama going on with ROAR... I wouldn't be surprised if online sign ups were overlooked with all the other issues going on.
I wouldn't be surprised, either. This nonsense with r.o.a.r. has brought a lot of racers plans to attend this event to a screeching halt. Not good, at all. Smh

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
Old 01-19-2013, 12:42 PM   #260
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Look what it's doing to the snowbirds thats in like a 11 days and thats not even a roar race. I call bs myself.
www.rcmadness.com
TonyD. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #261
Tech Elite

If everybody racing 17.5 stock TC showed up with D3.5 motors, would ROAR cancel the entire class ?
Old 01-19-2013, 09:05 PM   #262
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

Great turnout and racing tonight. 45ish entries. Most had take the d3.5 17.5s out before racing even started. Racing was great same as it was last week.

Good attitude today in the pits as well. We all had a great time.

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:48 AM   #263
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Great turnout and racing tonight. 45ish entries. Most had take the d3.5 17.5s out before racing even started. Racing was great same as it was last week.

Sounds great cant wait to get back over there!! see you guys when I get back from the birds.. After looking at the results from yesterday's race seems like the usual suspects finished same place as usual so I see the d3.5 drama had a big influence on the results... Anyway I wouldn't let roars recent decision take away from what could be one of the better Roar national events with one of the deepest fields that we have seen in a while ..There is plenty of time for everyone to work a little overtime or sell some stuff to get a couple of 17.5's ..I know the guys at Horsham are working hard to make this a great Event !!!!

AWESOMATIX USA-SANWA--BSR--TEAM SCREAM --SWEEP RACING USA--TQ WIRE--ROCHE USA--LRP
Sal Amato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:07 AM   #264
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
You would have even more sandbaggers in 17.5 if 13.5 was gone.

Also, 17.5 Blinky 1/12th is no fun. I respect the skill and precision of the guys that race it but it feels so slow.

I think that you should not be able to race 17.5 classes if you get free stuff or if you have won a 17.5 race in the last 5 years.
The ETS must have tons of sand baggers. They have huge turnouts for 17.5. Don't hear anyone complaining over there. It's also been proven that although mod guys can easily handle the power of a 17.5 motor. It doesn't translate to being faster than a fast stock racer. I would be excited to race all the fast Mod guys in stock. Why does everyone have this perception that it's sand bagging because you race stock and win. Most Mod guys can't win in either class.

I personally think it's time to bring an ETS style event to the USA. The US drivers in a whole will get smoked by the Euro drivers right now. It's time to fix that.
Juan Aveytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:00 AM   #265
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:

Yup. Racing was great as usual, and the attitude in the pits was very positive. All in all a terrific day of racing.

Like I said in the Horsham thread my Apex/RevTech felt smoother, had more midrange punch (albeit slightly less bottom end as expected) and was a little more consistent than my Ion/D3.5. Fast lap for me for the day was 10.9 which was done with both motors. With my current setup the Apex/RevTech actually felt a bit easier to drive I suspect due to the midrange being smoother and stronger.

Larry did a 10.8 in one of his qualifying rounds, Schreff did a 10.9 both of them with ThunderPower motors. Cuffs was also right there using what I assume is a Sonic. Not only that Hanulec was testing with a bunch of stuff, and his car was a missile in practice after the race ended.

To summarize there are plenty of choices of fast motors out there. Performing well at the Nats in the 17.5T class will still come down to chassis setup and driving skill.
Jon Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:53 PM   #266
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia View Post
The ETS must have tons of sand baggers. They have huge turnouts for 17.5. Don't hear anyone complaining over there. It's also been proven that although mod guys can easily handle the power of a 17.5 motor. It doesn't translate to being faster than a fast stock racer. I would be excited to race all the fast Mod guys in stock. Why does everyone have this perception that it's sand bagging because you race stock and win. Most Mod guys can't win in either class.

I personally think it's time to bring an ETS style event to the USA. The US drivers in a whole will get smoked by the Euro drivers right now. It's time to fix that.
That's interesting because the US hasn't had a real presence at the Electric Touring Car Worlds, either. The same argument can be made for not having significant mod touring classes throughout the US. We're our own worst enemy.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:56 PM   #267
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewdawg View Post
That's interesting because the US hasn't had a real presence at the Electric Touring Car Worlds, either. The same argument can be made for not having significant mod touring classes throughout the US. We're our own worst enemy.
I wish electric on road would pick up in the north east all together.

**** "Luxury" ****
EricW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:52 PM   #268
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricW View Post
I wish electric on road would pick up in the north east all together.
There's a few good reasons for that. The electric on-road scene has been on a steady decline for years. Ask yourself why.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:00 PM   #269
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to JustWill75

Why is it declining? I just reached my first year of onroad and Im hooked. 17.5 TC and USVTA I love this [email protected]#$%^
Old 01-22-2013, 01:10 AM   #270
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustWill75 View Post
Why is it declining? I just reached my first year of onroad and Im hooked. 17.5 TC and USVTA I love this [email protected]#$%^
This isn't the thread for this topic. That's why I didn't go into detail. We should be promoting this race. Althoug the recent events of the past week have left me feeling discouraged and pessimistic, I want to try and remain positive about a R.O.A.R. National being held in my backyard. Hope to see you out there. I'm glad you're new to this and happy about on-road racing. This means there's hope for us.

Last edited by kewdawg; 01-22-2013 at 01:12 AM. Reason: typo