R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-10-2005, 11:39 PM   #16
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by alanfujii
I don't know if the original question for this thread is still active so if t is then the answer is do not get the digital. I just bought the Spektrum for my Futaba 3PK and a JR Z8800s digital servo for my new TC4. I got home to finished assemblying it only to find out the DSM Spektrum will not support the Futaba in HRS mode. So the JR servo needs to go back.
I have tried digital servos using PPM or PCM with not problems.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:50 AM   #17
Tech Fanatic

ok i have a problem with it aswell....as you know i can only use digital servos with the hrs mode...wat should i do if i wanto drive another car using my 3pk...but without buying digital servos or another hrs reciever?
pink pac man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 12:56 AM   #18
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by pink pac man
ok i have a problem with it aswell....as you know i can only use digital servos with the hrs mode...wat should i do if i wanto drive another car using my 3pk...but without buying digital servos or another hrs reciever?
It depends on what you have in your other car. Any PPM or PCM receiver can run any servos. You have PM.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:25 AM   #19
Tech Adept

I am new and have spent almost 750$ for stuff, kit motors charger etc.
So i will go for an HRS with S9550 and then I can buy sth else!
Capone_GR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 06:35 AM   #20
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by danjoy25
It depends on what you have in your other car. Any PPM or PCM receiver can run any servos. You have PM.
well im using those sh*tty futaba ones that come std with the tl01s and stuff.....i just wanna bash around with my tl01 without changing radios
pink pac man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 06:50 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

Quote:
Originally posted by alanfujii
I don't know if the original question for this thread is still active so if t is then the answer is do not get the digital. I just bought the Spektrum for my Futaba 3PK and a JR Z8800s digital servo for my new TC4. I got home to finished assemblying it only to find out the DSM Spektrum will not support the Futaba in HRS mode. So the JR servo needs to go back.
Are you saying that dig servo's won't work with the spectrum in PPM mode? If so, that's not true. I currently use a GTX and Futaba S9451 dig servo with the spectrum 3PK and it works amazing.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:25 AM   #22
Tech Initiate

Sorry John,
My misunderstanding - I assumed there was a need to run HRS in the Futaba for the digital receiver. I was getting the digital servo because it's faster and the Futaba manual designates HRS as "High Response System".
In my defense, my digital experience resulted from when I had installed a Futaba's R-203HF receiver in my T4. It does not operate in anything but HRS and I found out it has to have a digital servo. I just assumed that HRS was the digital setting - bad assumption.
alanfujii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 09:36 AM   #23
Tech Initiate

Just so you know it's not my intent to spread bad information.

I was currently finishing up my TC4 and went to the LHS and bought the DSM Spektrum for my Futaba and a digital JR Z8800s servo. I came back to finish and when reading the DSM instruction sheet about not working with Futaba in the HRS mode, I had the JR servo repackaged and was preparing to return it since I thought I couldn't use digital with my DSM/Futaba combination.

Not malicious just ignorant......
alanfujii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 03:09 PM   #24
Tech Initiate

Can I use the S9550 servo with Spektrum?? Who use this configuration?? Because the Spektrum don't work correctly with my Ko 2363 (and i use already the capacitor)...
maxoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 03:16 PM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I can not think of a servo you can not use with the 3PK and Spektrum. I have a trusty Airtronics 94257, 3PK and have no issues. Digital servo or not I would use a Spektrum. So glad I brought it.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:54 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

Ok, lots of odd info being thrown around in this thread. Here's the skinny...

Futaba HRS mode is a great concept, but the digital servos that are required/mandatory for HRS have a bizarre digital twitch in the neutral position. The Futaba module for HRS is the same as the PPM and FM. The only difference in the system is the receiver. In my opinion, servos are so fast nowadays that virtually no one can feel the difference in speed of the HRS over PPM (FM) and PCM. Hell, I had to dial out steering speed of my digitals with the DSM, just to be able to drive my car comfortably.

The Spektrum DSM system for the 3PK is a direct bolt-in, and uses either digital or analog servos effectively. The radio itself NEEDS to be set to PPM (FM) mode to work correctly with DSM. It will NOT work properly if set to PCM or HRS.

I have been using the 3PK with a digital 9550, 9451 as well as a 9650 mini. They all work flawlessly with the Spektrum system on the 3PK. Easily, this is the best invention R/C racing has seen in the last 25 years, and that includes the RC10.

As others have said, I would HIGHLY recommend buying the 3PK transmitter and a separate Spektrum Futaba DSM system. You will NOT regret it.
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 04:01 PM   #27
Tech Addict

News from Spektrum:

Spektrumís New Blazing Fast 2ms Futaba HRS Module System
Futaba 3PK owners interested in the fastest possible processing speed are sure to be blown away by Spektrumís latest engineering breakthrough, the Spektrum DSM System for Futaba HRS.

A new dedicated module and receiver have been developed specifically for use with the Futaba 3PK when HRS modulation is selected. The Spektrum latency has been reduced from 5.6ms to just 2ms!

This system is designed for use with digital servos only, and itíll be available at your local hobby shop early in 2006. The module and receiver will be designated ďFutaba HRS VersionĒ and is for use with the HRS system only.
cvt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 07:48 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

Thats interesting. Personally, I dont see such a need as I already have fast response from my Spektrum system.