Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 11:37 PM
Tech Addict

Default nothing

he's the pope of r/c chinese is a first love
Old 04-07-2005, 11:37 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Google's language thing couldn't figure it out either. Tried Chinese, Japanese and Korean.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:46 PM
Tech Elite

must be the cheap taiwanese made computer and translator!
Old 04-07-2005, 11:48 PM
Tech Addict

Default BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Old 04-07-2005, 11:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by jeffreylin
Derek, if you know people in the M&A field they will tell you that revenue means nothing. It's the asset and profit that matters when it comes to valuation. 15M is reasonable.

As for the report, here is a link if you can read Chinese.
I can read chinese and in the article it also said with this purchase, it moves Thunder Tiger from the number 6 R/C manufacture in the world to number 4 (if my chinese reading is correct)

Thunder Tiger is also a publicly traded company in Taiwan, and it is listed on the Taiwan stock market

And ettoday.com is one of the leading news channels in Taiwan (kinda like CBS or NBC here in the US)

Steve Wang

p.s. there's your news DerekB!
Old 04-07-2005, 11:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I know none of you guys but I will believe that this is true when AE tells its loyal drivers and the RC world publicly that they sold out. I'm talking press release, mag articles, etc.
Old 04-08-2005, 12:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

The reason why the chinese translation isnt working is because Taiwan uses Traditional Chinese which is more complicated and also contains words from Simplified Chinese which most of the rest of the world (even big China) uses. Most translation services only translate Simplified Chinese to other languages.

Think of Trad. Chinese as Latin and Simplified Chinese as any of the romance languages derived from Latin.
Old 04-08-2005, 12:21 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The fact that "simplified" was used anywhere in your explanation boggles the mind. :-D

Thank you though, in all honesty, that's good to know. I run into this elsewhere, and it's frustrating.
Old 04-08-2005, 12:43 AM
Tech Master

It's called globalisation. It's happening everywhere - all the time.

Name one major real car manufacturer that hasn't got ties with another in a different continent. Honda, Toyota, Chrysler, Ford. Hell Toyota's Formula 1 cars are made almost entirely in Germany, use Italian brakes and French tyres. And I can't think of a more Japanese company than Toyota. Mc Laren's MERCEDES engine is made by Ilmor in England and simply badged Mercedes. Renault's Formula 1 cars are made in England.

But staying with RC, is everything HPI made in the US? Is everything Yokomo made in Japan? Is everything Thunder Tigers made in the Far East? Is everything Orion made in Switzerland?

The answer to every one of those questions is NO.

Nothing will get any worse at AE or TT. A deal like that is just a financial deal designed to safeguard the financial interests of both companies, which can only make our hobby and products better in the long run.
Old 04-08-2005, 01:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default AE reign is over....

One thing, RC companies have to deversify if they are going to make it in todays market place. Honesty though, does Thunder Tiger have a reputation for very high quality products? Unless a new business philosophy is adopted AE will get worse. Can you say cheap RTR kits? Cliff Lett made AE what it was and he is on his way to full retirement. It will take a mind change like what HPI did to turn the company around. My two cents.
Old 04-08-2005, 01:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Re: AE reign is over....

Originally posted by RCknight
One thing, RC companies have to deversify if they are going to make it in todays market place. Honesty though, does Thunder Tiger have a reputation for very high quality products? Unless a new business philosophy is adopted AE will get worse. Can you say cheap RTR kits? Cliff Lett made AE what it was and he is on his way to full retirement. It will take a mind change like what HPI did to turn the company around. My two cents.
Is the TC4 a high-quality car?

Paul
Old 04-08-2005, 02:14 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by johnbull
Name one major real car manufacturer that hasn't got ties with another in a different continent.
BMW
Old 04-08-2005, 02:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by andsetinn
BMW
BMW did buy rover rite?
Old 04-08-2005, 02:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by andsetinn
BMW
They have tie in China to make cars in China.

They also make cars in US and UK just to name a few.
Old 04-08-2005, 02:20 AM
Tech Regular

BMW also manufactures its 3-Series in South Africa. So you can say that they are building their cars all around the world.

Originally posted by jeffreylin
They have tie in China to make cars in China.

They also make cars in US and UK just to name a few.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.