R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-10-2005, 07:41 AM   #211
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to koabich

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffreylin
Thank you. The truth hurts but it's the truth. Lots of people in the US has a sense of entitlement. The US was just about best in everything before but other countries has caught on, and many are catching up. Here is a guy who claims he has an MBA but thinks Honda and Toyata is subsidized by the Japanese government and that's why US car makers can't compete. If an MBA in the US think this way you got to be worried about most of the rest who never went to college.

But I think the important point is this, that we have become a country of whiners and hypocrites. Instead of trying to make better products to compete we just complain that this and that are not fair. Well nothing is fair and US has the most unfair advantage--the largest market in the world. Meanwhile, the flag waving patriotic American chants "buy American" but turns around and shop in Walmart for goods made anywhere but the US. GM used to be the biggest company in the US and the world but it's Walmart today. Instead of asking why/how we can get back on track and actually do something about it we whine. Then we blame everyone else.
WOW...you really need a reading comprehension lesson. I have admitted fault on the part of American Automotive manufactures as being part of their very own problem. And I never said that foreign goverments funding their corporations was the only reson why American automobile manufactures cannot compete. But yu seem to think that, so I'll let you believe that.

I am done with this topic, but I'll leave you and everyone with this thought:

There is one indusrty that the American Ecomony is based on, and that is the Automotive Industry. No industry in the world effects so many people. If the American Automotive indusrty hurts, so does the American ecomony.

That's all I am saying!
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 08:23 AM   #212
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Actually, the Construction / Building industry is the biggest industry of all.
And the only real sign of the health of the economy is the construction industry. If this industry is having a boom, most of the economy follows macro economically.

Historically, if you look at the automotive industry, it is true that the US never subsidized directly in automotive industry, but maintained non tariff barriers for many year in the 80's (Import quotas) and lowered them after. It was some kind of protectionism in a way also, albeit undirect.

TTR has been producting injection molded parts for AE for years, it has never been a problem, they are now just merging to become one.. so what.. it just proves that TTR had the cash in hand to help AE grow..
So basically if you wanna get all patriotic over AE, blame the US companies that did NOT cough up the cash to buy AE..

It is only fair game, I dont think AE owners mind where the money comes from.
Patriiick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 08:48 AM   #213
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The US automakers have acknowledged where they are lacking in their vehicle designs. That is why they are putting such a heavy focus on interior design and fit and finish. The quality has already begun to improve.

One major step in the right direction would be outlawing frivolous litigation. Make people be responsible for their own actions.

In the US and Canada when automation is built it must be heavily guarded with barriers both mechanical and electronic so that the workers can not hurt themselves EVEN IF THEY TRY....

Overseas, workers can be trusted to not try and stick their hands where they don't belong and should never be near...

Here, when machines are programmed, youmust take into account any possible means of sabotaging the function of the machine and try to eliminate it because many (not all) workers know that if their machine crashes or stops that it means an additional break for them while the machine gets up and running.

Overseas, workers realise that such an action hurts the company financially, puts their jobs at risk and reflects poorly on the job that they personally are doing.

It's sad, but true.

As for Detroit and it's 'so called' auto industry as Stefan called it...I think you can eliminate 'so called' from that statement. Detroit is still home to Ford and GM...Both compaines are working hard to improve the quality of product and the materials used. Both companies see the points I mentioned previously as cutting into their profitablity and are trying to fix it. It's easier said than done though, as the unions have set themselves up in an adversarial role to 'protect' their members instead of adopting a partnership role with the automakers to help grow and prosper.

This is a long post that drifted off-topic and I apologize for that.

I would expect there to be some changes in the manufacturing sector at Associated, as the new ownership may consider some of the processes currently in place for production could be viewed as redundant, and therefore unnecessary. I guess we'll all have to just wait and see.
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 08:54 AM   #214
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Patriiick
Actually, the Construction / Building industry is the biggest industry of all.
And the only real sign of the health of the economy is the construction industry. If this industry is having a boom, most of the economy follows macro economically.

In a large protion of the country it's the automotive industry that fuels construction. The number of jobs that are tied directly to the productions of cars and car parts is staggeringly high. It's the people working those jobs who need houses, stores, roads, factories, etc built.

Construction is used as an economic indicator, but so is the trucking industry...there are many different economic indicators...

It would be intersting to see the figures for the US by industry....Automotive and construction surely would be huge....but would they be any larger than agriculture?
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 09:11 AM   #215
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by stefan
Have you personally seen this flag?

I saw that piece on Discovery Channel about the faked Moonlanding and after all I saw in the US, I'm very much convinced that it is true.
I guess you missed the episode where they debunked all of those claims, and proved we landed and walked on the moon. I think your watching too much TV
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 09:20 AM   #216
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by futureal
The primary problem is that politics have become so partisan in the past 20 years that many of the steps that could be taken to fix things are blocked by the opposing party at every step. Politicians long ago stopped looking at the good of the country, and replaced that sentiment with the good of the party. Everything is all about strategizing for the next election. It is pretty pathetic.
This country, the most successfull government in the world, has had partisan politics almost since it beginings. It is really about power. If you look back at newspapers long before the civil war, you would think todays politics are really civil. These guys in government no matter what political party they are in, belive that what is good for their party is good for the people. They all but a very, very few believe this to be true.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:30 AM   #217
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffreylin
If you think the Japanese governmet subsidize Toyota and Honda you need to get a reality check. If you think that is why US cannot compete you need to get a refund for your MBA.

As for buying foreign products, I thought you have a TRF415. Last I checked Tamiya is Japanese. Or is it just cars we should buy American but everything else is okay? Isn't Chrysler a German company now?

Oh yeah, and if you know the ONE SINGLE REASON why US economy is in a slump please call Alan Greenspan or President Bush and tell them how to fix it.
What slump, quit listening to CNN. Stock market is up, we have one of the lowest unemployment rates of industrialzed countries. Unemployment rate in Germany is over 12% a little lower, a little higher in the rest of Europe. Ours is at around 5% and ecomomists consider 4% full employement.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:08 AM   #218
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Government subsidization is not the end all answer to an economic problem. In most cases, it is a short term solution to a long term problem. Smaller developing nations can see greater benefits because it can work to jump start their economy; if a country only exports $1 billion, then subsidizing a particular export industry will have a huge effect. America's exports are in the trillions, and the effect is lessened. The same goes for other major countries, such as Japan.

pops: Today's politics are civil in terms of political correctness, but they are at an all time low as far as progress. Historically, parties would work together if there was a real problem facing the nation. Wars, the depression, major race/gender issues, and so on. Now that is not the case. Everything that everybody says and does is so scrutinized by the media that they are afraid to even say that they support a bipartisan measure, lest they be attacked from within their own party.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:42 AM   #219
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by pops
Ours is at around 5% and ecomomists consider 4% full employement.
4% of the US population is A LOT of people.
Anders Myrberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 09:03 PM   #220
R/C Tech Founder

The consider 4% unemployment as full because a lot of that stems from voluntary uneployment, or people holding out for certain types of jobs, etc. The more useful number is how many people want jobs but can't find them.

And of course, 1% is still a lot of people too.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:23 PM   #221
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Anders Myrberg
4% of the US population is A LOT of people.
Yes it is, and economists consider this segement of the population unemployable. Not everybody wants a job, and not everyone is able to work.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:25 PM   #222
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default You guys are silly

All this means is I can now by a thunder tiger in which the diffs don't leak and chassis does'nt break. I am sure that thunder tiger will step up there racing program with the addition of AE, Cliff Lett, and the others on the AE design team.
TonyWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 01:16 AM   #223
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

How many of the posters moaning about AE not being American anymore buy stuff online out of Hong Kong.

From an Aussies point of view the buy out may be better for AE customers over here, TT has a much better distribution network in AU than Assosiated. From a global marketing point of view this has to be better for the brand than only being strong in the US. AE has always made great cars, but in Australia they are all but impossible to get parts for. I will continue to race their cars either way but if I can buy parts more easily at home then I am a happy camper. Stormer Hobbies will be pissed
soc123_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 01:21 AM   #224
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by soc123_au
How many of the posters moaning about AE not being American anymore buy stuff online out of Hong Kong.

From an Aussies point of view the buy out may be better for AE customers over here, TT has a much better distribution network in AU than Assosiated. From a global marketing point of view this has to be better for the brand than only being strong in the US. AE has always made great cars, but in Australia they are all but impossible to get parts for. I will continue to race their cars either way but if I can buy parts more easily at home then I am a happy camper. Stormer Hobbies will be pissed
Old 04-11-2005, 01:42 AM   #225
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default I think AE will no doubt benefit from....

the merger. AE should have more resouces to make better parts, larger product line and continued R&D. I just hope we see the benefits soon. I do hope some business philosophies change. I do want to see AE back on top with an expanded higher quality products.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote