R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-09-2005, 01:53 AM   #181
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Who cares......seems like a lot of bleh over bleh...

Later EddieO
Old 04-09-2005, 02:02 AM   #182
Tech Master

One sentence from Shane sums it up. Here it is.

Mergers and buyouts are the single best way to ensure corporate success.

This is just a business deal between two big companies that have been working together for years. They are simply making things better for themselves.....and ultimately for us.

If we start a whole load of unsubstantiated rumours, all it will do is make things worse.

Both AE and TT stand to gain by this merger / buy out. Call it what you please.

And if there is a better product at the end of the line, then we gain too.

I'm sure there are enough idiots around that would love to see AE go to the dogs. Some of them have been contributing here. Even some Americans, but that's only because they can't stomach the fact that AE has won more World championships than the rest put together.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 03:54 AM   #183
Tech Apprentice

Default tex racer

i dont own any of those products . and second you just gave your opinion . why dont you keep it to your self . what do you care what i think
snaponjunky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 05:31 AM   #184
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by protc3
rick,

your right,our economy is not so well.this is one of the biggest reasons.why our government doesnt try to do something?they did,its called free trade agreement and it was the worst thing they could have done.they encouraged greedy companies to get even worse.yes,business is about increasing profit but there is a limit on how it should be done.it should not be at the cost of innocent peoples well being.there are plenty of ways to do well in business,and then there is just pure selfish greed.i dont remember having these savings they get on free trade passed along to the people buying it.price is the same and profit skyrockets.

i really apologize if this is coming out as being pissed of or nasty.it is not how i am trying to say it.now that i am reading it it looks like im being rude. please dont take it the wrong way.
I totally agree with you but having seen the exact same thing happen in the UK over the years its inevitably going to happen in every other developed country. No one can afford to live on the amount that they pay people in developing countries for the same parts and service.
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 06:06 AM   #185
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)

wow, as the Associated distributor for our country... this is well... SHOCKING BLOODY NEWS!!!!!!

Any way we can get some REAL details over the weekend??
YOU CAN CALL 09174632746 OR 09175331943
please like us on FB - PITSHOP RC
pitshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 06:09 AM   #186
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Thumbs up All Should Be Fine!

As long as the AE R&D "Brain Trust" is kept together and happy... I see no problems at all with this deal! If anything, it will only strengthen the company and give it much deeper resources! The synergy of becoming the 4th largest overall company in the idustry will allow the AE brand to be more deversified and more competetive in pricing, giving sponsorships, etc.

From what I read and heard Thunder Tiger and AE already have a number of maufacturing agreements (especially with regards to the RTR line) and other deals... so the transition of combining the two companies should go smoothly. Furthermore, Mr. Aling Lai who is the founder of Thuner Tiger is very committed to the hobby and his company since it started back in 1974. It never hurts to have an Owner and Company President who himself is an avid modeler.

Still AE Forever!!!

STEALTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 08:53 AM   #187
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by koabich
Actually, this statement is 100% accurate. There is nothing I said that is a lie. Obviously, I cannot speak for all foreign companiesbut I was talking about Asian OEM's (in particular Japaneese Autmotive manufactures). It was not a knock against them but more of just telling the truth.

Don't believe for 1 second that newspapers are accurate at all...and as far as taking classes, I have my Masters of Business Association in automotive marketing and have worked for Ford, GM and now currently Chrysler with over 12 years experience in the automotive industry.

If you think the automotive industry is different than I said, you are the one that needs an education...the truth about what's going on in this country is scary....there is 1 single reason why the US ecomony is as bad as it is and why so many Americans are out of work...so keep buying foreign cars and have a nice day. And even more scary, it's not the fault of the Japaneese, they are just taking advantage of a situation that benefits them over others..anyone would do the same.
If you think the Japanese governmet subsidize Toyota and Honda you need to get a reality check. If you think that is why US cannot compete you need to get a refund for your MBA.

As for buying foreign products, I thought you have a TRF415. Last I checked Tamiya is Japanese. Or is it just cars we should buy American but everything else is okay? Isn't Chrysler a German company now?

Oh yeah, and if you know the ONE SINGLE REASON why US economy is in a slump please call Alan Greenspan or President Bush and tell them how to fix it.

Last edited by jeffreylin; 04-09-2005 at 09:21 AM.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 10:02 AM   #188
Tech Legend

USA flag is on the MOON ! >>>STILL !!!!

USA !!! USA !!!

Japan will need a do whole lot more , just to top that !!

Geez`ssss !!!
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 10:12 AM   #189
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Wild Cherry
USA flag is on the MOON ! >>>STILL !!!!
Whatīs good with THAT? Jeeez We live HERE
Anders Myrberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 10:18 AM   #190
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Maybe this'll get S3 parts in my LHS and entice me to buy it. Everyone carries Associated, but few carry TTR where I live.
Breakin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 10:26 AM   #191
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to primusblowsgoat Send a message via Yahoo to primusblowsgoat

well i read this whole thing and i loved every part of it, opinion or fact i liked reading it, and it seems the USA does nothing right

IS THERE ANYTHING GOOD ABOUT THE MANUFACTURING OR AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY IN THE USA? or and industry for that matter? are we as a country doing anything to help ourselves out or are we just gonna implode soon?
primusblowsgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 11:24 AM   #192
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I wonder how this deal will affect there relationship with Yokomo? Will AE be able to distribute TT's new 1/8 buggie under AE's name? Mabey TT bought AE for its huge distribution network. I hope it works out for everyone, I like AE products.
Old 04-09-2005, 12:54 PM   #193
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by primusblowsgoat
well i read this whole thing and i loved every part of it, opinion or fact i liked reading it, and it seems the USA does nothing right

IS THERE ANYTHING GOOD ABOUT THE MANUFACTURING OR AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY IN THE USA? or and industry for that matter? are we as a country doing anything to help ourselves out or are we just gonna implode soon?
That's like saying wealthy people will implode because they hire people to mow the grass and clean the pool.
Old 04-09-2005, 12:55 PM   #194
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Big KAT
I wonder how this deal will affect there relationship with Yokomo? Will AE be able to distribute TT's new 1/8 buggie under AE's name? Mabey TT bought AE for its huge distribution network. I hope it works out for everyone, I like AE products.
Who's relationship with Yokomo? AE hasn't had a relationship since they stopped being the Yokomo importer.
Old 04-09-2005, 01:41 PM   #195
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by koabich
Buy all the foreign RC stuff you want, but please buy American cars!!
I've always found this funny. Why is an american car with less HP, less interior room, lesser gas mileage and inferior fit and finish worth my hard earned dollars? I'll buy a new American car when Ford, GM or Chrysler build a car that offers the quality and reliability of foreign automakers for anywhere near the same money.

I'm as patriotic as the next guy, but our government is, in some ways, completely ridiculous. Perhaps if we stop subsidizing Tobacco farmers, and put in place some legislation to prevent people who die from smoke related illnesses from being able to sue the crap outta the Tobacco companies, (we're the idiots who choose to smoke, no Marlboro executive is force feeding me cigarettes) we could put that wasted money into our ailing auto industry. Of course the Tobacco taxes are excellent sources of state revenue

Perhaps we stop wasting our money rebuilding countries we "liberate". Better yet, how 'bout we stop liberating other countries. Our last war didn't give our economy the '"kick in the pants" that G-dub thought it would, and we're still wasting money and resources there. We could have saved a whole bunch of money that coulda been put towards other aspects of our economy. But how would that have boosted the defense industry?
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote