R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-08-2005, 05:14 PM   #151
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by DerekB
I'd find it hard to beleive that TTR would ruin years of AE marketing and brand image. It's much harder to build rep than ruin it.
Funny, your quoting me, but I can't see that we are in the same discussion.
SCML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 05:16 PM   #152
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by SCML
Funny, your quoting me, but I can't see that we are in the same discussion.

I just like to argue or make you change your mind, lol.

We'll wait and see what unfolds. Deals aren't final till the fat lady sings right?
Old 04-08-2005, 05:16 PM   #153
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Dirt-Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by protc3
you are missing the point.$1.50 is not good money over there.the point is that the cost of doing business over there is much less and that is why we cant compete.quality work here is more expensive than over there.i dont car who makes the cars.this is just another company selling out there own people.all you are thinking about is the cars.that is not who i am feeling for.i feel for the people who will loose there jobs while some fat cat counts his pennies.

Im with you on that protc3, also on the other side of the pond this could be seen as American greed because they pay some poor basterd over in asia to make him (yank) more $$$... That capitalist thing that american companies normally get accused of..
Dirt-Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 05:18 PM   #154
Tech Adept

I see, the Jedi Mind Trick..... you almost had me.

I'm sure AE will continue on, and quality won't suffer, never my concern.

Mike
SCML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 05:50 PM   #155
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The rich is getting richer in the USA and the poor is getting richer in other countries... spydie to the rescue!

I'm sure TT won't let AE sink. It might make AE much better. Let's see what new products they come out with in the near future.
Old 04-08-2005, 06:02 PM   #156
Tech Fanatic

At the end of the day if your company could save $$$$$$ per year by having moulds etc produced in another country would you not move your business over there? AE are a company at the end of the day and making as much of a profit as they can with as little expenditure as possible is what running a good company is all about. Every single company is always looking to improve productivity while reducing outgoings. Thats life, shit happens. It seems that the US economy aint as strong as it used to be at the moment either. Its almost 1 - $2 when just a few years ago it was iirc 1 - $1.35/.50.

I am supprised your government aint shawing up your manufacturing industry like it has done all your airlines for the last 4 years.
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 06:04 PM   #157
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

dirt racer,
unfortunately that is what this is.some of the real big hitters here never have things made here.its all about greed.this is very small but it is just another company doing it.this is so easy to do and these companies know it.there is no loyalty to there own country.the thing that they seem to miss is that it all comes back to them.manufacturing is extremely important.if all manufacturing was to be farmed out to countries around the world,it would be a domino effect and crush the economy.how can you sell a farmed out product if the people have no jobs and no money to buy them.slowly but surely,the more companies that do this,the closer we get to that rock bottom.but then again,they made millions,they sold there company and made out like bandits.
im glad to see that you see what i am saying
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 06:06 PM   #158
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to koabich

Quote:
Originally posted by DerekB
I'd find it hard to beleive that TTR would ruin years of AE marketing and brand image. It's much harder to build rep than ruin it.
DerekB
I hate to say it but the simple act of TT (a foreign company)purchasing AE has automatically ruined years of marketing and brand image.
There are a lot of people out there, me included, that have purchased AE or Losi cars for the simple fact that they are made in America.

I think the argument that AE being bought by a foreign company is being taken a little too far by some...after all this is a small RC company and not a company such as Ford or General Motors, but I can see the interest in a heated debate for the simple fact that AE was a top notch American company (and not to mention the simple fact that TT buying AE insures that any American manufacting in AE kits will now be lost to those overseas). They were a leader in RC for many years and they are, IMO, the reason why RC is the way it is today. I mean, honestly, all kits were toys until the RC10 came out and AE has been been pushing the RC envelope ever since. It's a heart breaker for me because I always owned and ran AE products because I was proud to be an American running American stuff.

This is a heated debate for the simple fact that I feel it'ss being related to the US automotive industry where it's acts such as this (foreign companies purchasing good american ones) and people buying asian cars that has the US ecomony hurting as badly as it currently is. hy so many American's have lost jobs.

Jason from BMI and several others are spot on. American companies rely on one thing to remain open and to operate...PROFIT! Asian companies (Honda, Toyota...and countless others) are all funded by their government. The government pays for their quality control, the governemtn pay's for their R&D, if Honda looses money when they sell a car, guess what, the Japaneese government makes up for the difference...the government pay's for this and that. It also helps that the foreign companies do not have to deal with the UAW (yes I said it....ban me/flame me now) and extremely high labor costs. Why do you think the Japaneese build automoticve plants in the US? Because they can build cars in the US MUCH CHEAPER than American Automotive companies can and the Amercian people are the tyoe to believe that if a car is built in the US then it must be American. There are people, even many who read this, that think their Honda or Toyota is American...that's too funny.

There are just too many unfair advantages that foreign companies have over US companies.

I will end my rant with this message:

Buy all the foreign RC stuff you want, but please buy American cars!!
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 06:12 PM   #159
Tech Lord

rick,

your right,our economy is not so well.this is one of the biggest reasons.why our government doesnt try to do something?they did,its called free trade agreement and it was the worst thing they could have done.they encouraged greedy companies to get even worse.yes,business is about increasing profit but there is a limit on how it should be done.it should not be at the cost of innocent peoples well being.there are plenty of ways to do well in business,and then there is just pure selfish greed.i dont remember having these savings they get on free trade passed along to the people buying it.price is the same and profit skyrockets.

i really apologize if this is coming out as being pissed of or nasty.it is not how i am trying to say it.now that i am reading it it looks like im being rude. please dont take it the wrong way.
J Concepts
Old 04-08-2005, 06:19 PM   #160
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I don't know if I have the right perspective for this. How much money is actually being made per year in this industry?
gibbous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 06:23 PM   #161
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

koabich
Right on the money.....

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=184104

WWW.BUSTOUTBMX.COM
TheTurtleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 06:27 PM   #162
Tech Lord

im just using this as an example.it goes much further.look at the tags on your clothing,in your cars,your furniture,refridgerator,washing machine,or anything that is made.see how many are made in the USA.not as many as there should be.there is room for everyone in manufacturing.i just feel that some of our companies could be more honest and loyal to the people who got them where they are.
J Concepts
Old 04-08-2005, 06:31 PM   #163
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

from a previous post "when losi was bought out did things go bad? for consumers, no... for rival distributors, yes...". tell that to the consumers of small shops that did/do not meet horizons policy for ordering.

as far as the tt/ae issue, i will reserve comment until i see some results. comparing this to the horizon-losi buyout, it did not change things as much as i expected, maybe this will not either(?).
gee-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 06:43 PM   #164
Tech Apprentice

Default I`m sorry to see A/E sell out

To a non-US company . I think the product will suffer some. I will not jump to buy the new A/E products anymore . it broke my heart to hear this . I`ve been buying there products for years .well I like to say was thank you for the great products over the years . you made r/c in the usa what it is today . as for thunder tiger try not to ruin a Icon. just my oppinion
snaponjunky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 06:49 PM   #165
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by gibbous
I don't know if I have the right perspective for this. How much money is actually being made per year in this industry?
Well, if AE was bringing in 20 million a year, and they say that the top 3 revenue companies are Tamiya, Kyosho and Futuba,you do the math.
They say TT was ranked 6th before the deal and is now fourth.
I would care to take a guess and say it is a 1/4 billion dollar industry a year worldwide.
Anybody, more or less?
scoobydo is offline   Reply With Quote