Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spashett to Tamiya

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 01:25 PM
Tech Regular

Default Spashett to Tamiya

Forgive me if this is already on the forum........
Spashett to Tamiya. First big race is LRP masters at the end of the month. Looks like the new Losi car is going well !!! NOT
Old 04-06-2005, 01:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Best be careful what you say. A comment similar to this may upset people a bit!
I think it may have something to do with the fact that Spash has been off his usual form for a while and a change may do him good! You know, new team, new car, change of direction = more enthusiasm and effort from driver!
As for the car, only time will tell but i think you may be reading this wrong!

Last edited by losi_g+; 04-07-2005 at 05:02 PM.
Old 04-06-2005, 02:02 PM
Tech Regular

Just trying to generate some chatter? anymore info
Old 04-06-2005, 02:11 PM
Tech Regular

I think Dave will hopefully do well with his move to the TRF camp, he's a decent guy from what I know and is happy to help (as most of the pros's are). As far as the new losi goes, its still a new car, and until its relasesed to the public we will not really know. In the end, its unlikely that a company of calibre of Losi is going to release a car which isn't going to work. The basis is there with the car they have designed, they just need to develop setups etc and get the car running even faster. You have only got to look at the TC3 to see how long it took to find an optimum setup for the car.

Cheers
Crashmaster
Old 04-06-2005, 02:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

I was just warning cos someone went off on one BIG STYLE a couple of days ago on the JRX-S thread after someone said that they didnt think it would be a winner.
My opinion: JRX-S needs time, it is new, relatively untested, dofferent and a bit groundbreaking. Just think back 10 years and remember how many people said that the T-Tech Predator wouldnt work and that they were stupid to invest all that money in a 'silly car' which didnt follow tradition- It wiped the floor with the competition!
Moral of the story - "Dare to be different!"
As for Spash - being a losi fan it is a huge blow to see the team leader (that is what he is!) go to TRF, but good luck to him. He obviously has his reasons and i personally dont think he has been happy for a while. Just look at the recent photos - he hasnt looked happy or smiled for pictures like he always did. He is a world class driver and he has shown that but he needs to re-ignite his spark!
Old 04-06-2005, 02:35 PM
Tech Regular

I agree completely with you losi_g+. The JRX-s needs time to develop, as does any car. As for David, he's fast, and he's showed that by finnishing in the top ten at the worlds. Hopefully his move will "spark" him back to greater things again, after all, he is a world champion....

Crashmaster
Old 04-06-2005, 02:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just curious, The Tamiya web site was just updated, and he is not on the list of TFR drivers. How is this verified?
Old 04-06-2005, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Are you talking about Tamiya USA website? That's just the USA team. Not the Euro or Asian teams.....
Old 04-06-2005, 04:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sorry, true there! sometimes I forget where people are from. He is over on this side of the pond alot

Last edited by dsrbltoys; 04-06-2005 at 04:51 PM.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

How is it verefied?? will eye whitnesses do for you David was running his 415 last week when i saw him.

As to having "lost his spark". Well i think that's a tad harsh. Sure he hasn't won the 12th title for the last 2 years, but he hasn't done enough meetings to count either. He has won every 12th National that he has raced at during the last 2 years.
Old 04-06-2005, 05:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Spashett is on of the most talented drivers on earth. He is right there with Masami. I think you will see his name at the top of the boards a lot more often now.
Old 04-06-2005, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

There is a huge dufference between running a car and running *for* Tamiya...

Is it also possible that David is trying out various kits to decide where he is going to go or who is going to make him the best offer?
Old 04-06-2005, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

David is sponsored by Tamiya.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:32 AM
Tech Regular

Racer magazine has a full page almost with interview.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:41 AM
Tech Regular

I didn't mean to upset you LOSI_g+. I must admit it would be nice to see a different style chassis doing it on the track as apossed to the Tamiya clones,xray,yokomo etc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.