R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-07-2005, 07:59 AM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by losi_g+

Best be careful what you say. BRCA 1/12th to Andy Griffiths so...Nuff said!
He has already won with the Tamiya. Also if your planning on dishing out warning about thinking before you type you shud look at yourself first. He lost the 1/12 national champs as he did not do many rounds but the ones he did do he won.
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 08:29 AM   #17
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Quote:
Originally posted by losi_g+
I was just warning cos someone went off on one BIG STYLE a couple of days ago on the JRX-S thread after someone said that they didnt think it would be a winner.
My opinion: JRX-S needs time, it is new, relatively untested, dofferent and a bit groundbreaking. Just think back 10 years and remember how many people said that the T-Tech Predator wouldnt work and that they were stupid to invest all that money in a 'silly car' which didnt follow tradition- It wiped the floor with the competition!
Moral of the story - "Dare to be different!"
As for Spash - being a losi fan it is a huge blow to see the team leader (that is what he is!) go to TRF, but good luck to him. He obviously has his reasons and i personally dont think he has been happy for a while. Just look at the recent photos - he hasnt looked happy or smiled for pictures like he always did. He is a world class driver and he has shown that but he needs to re-ignite his spark!
RELATIVELY UNTESTED is way off,
They have been testing the JRSX since March last year at a local track out here. To say untested is a bit wrong. I really beleave the problem will be the bottom side of the cash COW of RC Cars...the RTR market. Remember there is only two or three really descent RTR out there for youngin's to buy right now. The TC4 and the G+ Do you really think the JRSX is going to be able to be tuned by some wet behind the ears kid who loves his XXXS and wants to move up...I think Losi is going down the right path but I think that they are trying to make a JRSX that could also be user friendly and tunable from the junior RC'r. Just my thoughts.
I think that the JRSX is ground breaking but hasn;t really performed as well as of yet and think they are trying to get everything worked out......
Hope it happens soon. Especially since the new Yok and Xray have just been released and doing well so far...well the Xray has the Yok is still too new.
SO far SO good in my hands though. LOL
Stephen <><
Also David will do well where ever he goes....
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 04:21 PM   #18
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by MattW
As to having "lost his spark". Well i think that's a tad harsh. Sure he hasn't won the 12th title for the last 2 years, but he hasn't done enough meetings to count either. He has won every 12th National that he has raced at during the last 2 years.
He is my favourite driver and i didnt mean that in a bad way. He is the number one UK driver but he has a lot on his plate ( i believe he has a kid due) so i would think that will be affecting him. He will come back better than ever!
losi_g+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 04:29 PM   #19
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by stegger
I didn't mean to upset you LOSI_g+. I must admit it would be nice to see a different style chassis doing it on the track as apossed to the Tamiya clones,xray,yokomo etc
You dint upset me, just dint want you to get an earbashing from CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK who let fly on the JRXS thread 2 days ago after someone commented on how they thought the JRXS was not yet capable of beating the Corally RDX! It was fisticuffs all round but very funny to watch!
It will be nice (for me) to see Losi back on top. Ive always been into Losi's and i cant wait to buy the new car. Its different, which says it all for me!
If its good enuff for Hodge, Kinwald, Francis, Spashett (briefly) etc, then its more than good enough for me!
Even if it sucks, itll look nice on the shelf next to my Street Weapon and XXXS. It will complete my Losi touring car collection anyway!
Old 04-07-2005, 04:38 PM   #20
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Shookie
RELATIVELY UNTESTED is way off,
They have been testing the JRSX since March last year at a local track out here. I think that the JRSX is ground breaking but hasn;t really performed as well as of yet and think they are trying to get everything worked out......
Hope it happens soon. Especially since the new Yok and Xray have just been released and doing well so far...well the Xray has the Yok is still too new.
SO far SO good in my hands though. LOL
Stephen <><
I meant in competition. Testing around a track is good. You can compare how quick YOU are compared to YOUR last car. Testing in competition gives you the valuable information you need about the speed and handling of YOUR car against EVERBODY ELSE'S car.
The XRAY 05 isnt massively different to the previous model its more of an evolution so the basis of setup should be nearly the same = quick straight from box.
Yokomo, as you said is too new to comment on.
JRXS is totally different from the XXXS so they are starting from scratch so to speak.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:43 PM   #21
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
He has already won with the Tamiya. Also if your planning on dishing out warning about thinking before you type you shud look at yourself first. He lost the 1/12 national champs as he did not do many rounds but the ones he did do he won.
If you had read my later post you would see what i was warning about before you go off at me!!!
You are totally right tho, he won every national he entered and he is still my fave driver even if he doesnt drive for my fave team!