R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-10-2013, 03:35 PM   #16
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Christian,

Looking to pick up one of these kits and your website and description of the car is a little confusing so hopefully you can clear up some things for me.

The first question I have is are both kits only for pre-order right now? It's a little confusing because the 112W description says pre-order but it is listed as in stock on your website. Second question I have is that in the product description it says that the cars can be changed from a 112W to a 112N. What is all needed to accomplish this and would you have the necessary parts in stock?

Finally, do you have any idea when the 112N will be back in stock?

Thanks.
Stlfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:37 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Well, the wide car is available while the narrow ones are back-ordered at TRG. We should have some more in about 2 weeks. The cars sold out super quick.

The difference between the 2 cars is small. The Wide version uses a wider front lower arm and wider turnbuckles at the front and in the rear, the side shock set-up is a little bit different. Both versions of the rear damper work well, however the N version is set up to be a little more compact due to the nature of the bodies.

I have put a couple of more narrow kits in stock. They should be here in about 2 weeks.

Thanks!
Old 02-10-2013, 06:09 PM   #18
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Thanks for the reply Christian.

A buddy and myself are trying to run the cars in two different race series and one allows a max of 190mm width and the other will allow 185mm width both being on rubber tires. We just want to make sure we can get the 112W down to those widths. If it's not possible then we will just have to wait until the 112N come in.

Are the shorter arms available through you or will they need to be sourced somewhere else?

I'm normally a sedan guy and my friend is a 1/12 racer so we are in uncharted waters and it can be a little confusing trying to figure out what we need to be legal.
Stlfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:16 PM   #19
Tech Elite

I do have some of the narrow arms available. I do not have them listed, but email me at the store and I will give you instructions on how to order them.

After that, you would essentially need TC length turnbuckles to get the car to 180 width (cars with Pit Shimizu tires are 184mm approx) and F104 tires to get it to be "180" or Narrow width.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:08 AM   #20
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
I do have some of the narrow arms available. I do not have them listed, but email me at the store and I will give you instructions on how to order them.

After that, you would essentially need TC length turnbuckles to get the car to 180 width (cars with Pit Shimizu tires are 184mm approx) and F104 tires to get it to be "180" or Narrow width.
I love my TRG 112N it's easy to drive. I really enjoy driving this F1 kit.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:10 AM   #21
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

they need a english manual.
pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:22 AM   #22
Tech Master

agreed, i have to undo and reinstall the parts for different size of battery, say 2s Shorty and 2s normal. And the +screws are no good, relatively easy to strip.
choisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:06 AM   #23
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by choisan View Post
agreed, i have to undo and reinstall the parts for different size of battery, say 2s Shorty and 2s normal. And the +screws are no good, relatively easy to strip.
for the price we pay for these kits one would think that relatively strong and high quality fasteners would be provided...
Old 03-22-2013, 12:25 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Best thing to do is contact TRG directly so they listen to your concerns. Their website is www.rc-trg.com They are very good in listening to their customers.

As for the price, when was anything imported from Japan, "Low Price"? As long as the Yen remains stronger vs. the dollar than what it was 8 years ago, the prices you will see will remain high. At least, right now the exchange rate is heading in the right direction. As this trend continues, the prices will drop. This car is 10.00 less than the previous version. The Yen price in Japan is not really super high, and if we can get to around the 120:1 rate again, expect the price to drop another 30.00 or so dollars.

Remember this car is completely made from machined parts, it is a specialty item that is not mass produced like a Tamiya F1. This does not allow for the price point to be as low. Machining is more expensive than molding, but the only alternative for a small niche company like TRG. Fortunately, what you purchase is a choice. If you feel like you are not getting good value, you can always select a product more in tune with your budget and expectations.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:07 PM   #25
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by choisan View Post
And the +screws are no good, relatively easy to strip.
I presume you are using a Phillips screwdriver then. Japanese kits use JIS (Japanese Industrial Standard) screws, not Phillips. A Phillips screwdriver won't fit in the slots properly and a Phillips screwdriver is the fastest way to round out the screws.

While Phillips screwdrivers are designed to cam out and come out of the slots when you tighten it, the JIS screwdrivers stay in the screw just like hex screws. Since getting a set of JIS screwdrivers I've never had a problem of damaged + head screws.
terry.sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:57 PM   #26
Tech Master

terry, you are right. Phillips screwdriver is not good with this JIS screws. I changed some screws like those i need to mount/unmount for changing battery by 2mm hex screws.
But this is a nice car in handling, i can make adjustment in the front end in case the car needs different caster and camber
Old 03-23-2013, 09:13 AM   #27
Tech Master

I will try them.

TRG1214
7mm Wide 1.2mm side bar
http://www.rc-trg.com/img151.jpg

TRG1215
Front end reinforcing kit
TRG1214 予価 \ 2,800.(税別)
http://www.rc-trg.com/img207.jpg

Old 03-23-2013, 07:04 PM   #28
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to MarkerInbound

I definately need the front end reinforce kit. I'm even thinking a bigger wing. I will be ordering the narrow carbon fiber front arms when they get restocked at reflex as I am currently limping along with a cracked one with one more day of racing tomorrow. Thanks for the reference.
MarkerInbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:56 PM   #29
Tech Master

the bad thing on the trg website for this car is no setting reference, ride height and gear ratio.
and the motor mount is required to dremel if the lowest shaft height adapter.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:00 PM   #30
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

so i finished mine just recently. Gotta say for the price i paid i not 100% happy but it a sexy looking chassis.

I thought it would of came with the shafts and stuff but having to fork out more for wings and bearings and so forth is just annoying more then anything .

What steering servo are you guys using?
pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote