Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by macscac
got some parts in the mail yesterday!!
got to build some more of the car tonite.
any thoughts on next parts?

also, what is the best way to cut out the carbon?
it appears that the top deck is going to hit the lipo wire so much that it will probably rub thru the wire?

[
Well with all the bling, can't believe you still have the plastic suspension bridges
Old 12-22-2008, 06:21 PM
Tech Adept

What gearing would you suggest for a 15T modified motor? Everything is stock on there atm (70/22). I talked to my LHS owner when i bought it (Peak Racing Griffin 15x2 cheap ol thing) and he said there wouldn't really be a need to lower the pinion size but i've just had my second ESC go using the same motor so im wondering if it is a problem with the gearing.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Limerick91
What gearing would you suggest for a 15T modified motor? Everything is stock on there atm (70/22). I talked to my LHS owner when i bought it (Peak Racing Griffin 15x2 cheap ol thing) and he said there wouldn't really be a need to lower the pinion size but i've just had my second ESC go using the same motor so im wondering if it is a problem with the gearing.
What esc do you have? Also what sort of track are you racing on? Your ratio is fine (7.16) unless you are racing on a tight track
Old 12-23-2008, 11:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Qatmix
What esc do you have? Also what sort of track are you racing on? Your ratio is fine (7.16) unless you are racing on a tight track
I've got an LRP IPC V4.1 (12T limit), and yeah im racing on a tightish track, i've only used it for 3, 4 minute races though.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anyone knows if there is any difference between:

#84048 TA05 Lightweight Urethane Bumper
#49462 TA05 Urethane Bumper, Black

Both have 300 Yen as the price on the cardboard. I'm not really concerned about the weight difference, but if there are material difference that affect toughness or durability.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:31 AM
Jin
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

[QUOTE=macscac;5182086]lol!!!

did i really put the front and rear hubs on the wrong side???

LoL! try drive it like that
Old 12-26-2008, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Center one-way ?

I've got a front one-way in my TA05-R (running on carpet, USVTA tires).

If I put a center one-way in it, how does it change the way the car drives compared to not having the center one-way ?

I guess my question is, if you have a front one-way, is it worth putting in the center one-way too ?

Thanks !
Old 12-26-2008, 10:29 AM
Tech Adept

Talking

Originally Posted by macscac
got some parts in the mail yesterday!!
got to build some more of the car tonite.
any thoughts on next parts?

also, what is the best way to cut out the carbon?
it appears that the top deck is going to hit the lipo wire so much that it will probably rub thru the wire?

Wow!! A rear steering TA05??? An me thinkin about the IFS being weird!!! LEt me see how it works! hehe
Old 12-26-2008, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Hi guys, i m interested in getting the TA05 for my first EP touring car. I need advice from you guys on which TA05 to get. I can see there are TA05R, TA05MS, TA05IFS , TA05 IFSR... I been in the hobby for a while now racing nitro tourer and 8th scale. Recently got interest in EP touring. I will be racing this car on asphalt track with foam tyres. Will a stock TA05 be a good mid level car? Can u give me advice on which parts should i upgrade? So far i m thinking of are alum motor mount, front cvd, carbon frt and rear shock twr and TRF damper. One more thing to ask, my LHS only supply foam tyres for nitro tourer, the front tyres (26mm) should bolt in just fine but rear (30mm) is it ok to use? Will there be anything rubbing the inner part of the rim? I m asking because a friend of mine running the tyre in his Kyosho TF 5 and the shock ball end does rub the inner part of the rim. Thanks in advance for your advice.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamGoodwrench
I've got a front one-way in my TA05-R (running on carpet, USVTA tires).

If I put a center one-way in it, how does it change the way the car drives compared to not having the center one-way ?

I guess my question is, if you have a front one-way, is it worth putting in the center one-way too ?

Thanks !
I never used center one way, but I doubt it will make any difference. The center pulley doesn't have diff function (I suppose, at least my ta05 doesn't), then if you use forward only ESC the car can only go forward which means the center pulley can only rotate forward (one way), then now what is the difference between using two way and one way? The only difference I can theoretically imagine is that you can no long physically push your car backward because the center is fixed. Well as I state at the beginning I never used it, these are just based on my understanding, so if I am wrong please correct me
Old 12-26-2008, 10:17 PM
Tech Regular

lol
im never going to live down my "rear steer" ta05!!!
i have since corrected the flaw however i havent built any more of the car.
now that christmas is over, ill find some more parts on ebay.
my only goal is to build this as "blingy" as possible.
i have no intentions of ever racing it
Old 12-27-2008, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dameetz
Hi guys, i m interested in getting the TA05 for my first EP touring car. I need advice from you guys on which TA05 to get. I can see there are TA05R, TA05MS, TA05IFS , TA05 IFSR... I been in the hobby for a while now racing nitro tourer and 8th scale. Recently got interest in EP touring. I will be racing this car on asphalt track with foam tyres. Will a stock TA05 be a good mid level car? Can u give me advice on which parts should i upgrade? So far i m thinking of are alum motor mount, front cvd, carbon frt and rear shock twr and TRF damper. One more thing to ask, my LHS only supply foam tyres for nitro tourer, the front tyres (26mm) should bolt in just fine but rear (30mm) is it ok to use? Will there be anything rubbing the inner part of the rim? I m asking because a friend of mine running the tyre in his Kyosho TF 5 and the shock ball end does rub the inner part of the rim. Thanks in advance for your advice.
OK, first the TA05R or IFSR is the way you want to go because it has all the hop-ups in the box. However, you will need to buy a body (you can choose any shell you want, the Protoform R9R or Parma Mohawk are good choices). If you want to use one of Tamiyas low front profile bodies then you need the IFSR. Forget the motor mount, the stock one is cast Aluminum and works fine but doesn't have the bling.

For asphalt the stock chassis is good. Get the softer front foams and use those in the rear.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:32 AM
mok
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 05forfun
I never used center one way, but I doubt it will make any difference. The center pulley doesn't have diff function (I suppose, at least my ta05 doesn't), then if you use forward only ESC the car can only go forward which means the center pulley can only rotate forward (one way), then now what is the difference between using two way and one way? The only difference I can theoretically imagine is that you can no long physically push your car backward because the center is fixed. Well as I state at the beginning I never used it, these are just based on my understanding, so if I am wrong please correct me
One ways prevent the front wheels from being retarded under braking, in fact it removes the braking action from the front wheels entirely giving you a rear wheel braking only car.

This allows the front wheels to maintain a higher rolling speed into the corner, which is what is responsible for the increased turn-in that comes with using a one-way (centre or front)..

Front one way is the same as centre one way, but with a centre one way you can "tune" the front diff action to control the increased turn-in.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mok
One ways prevent the front wheels from being retarded under braking, in fact it removes the braking action from the front wheels entirely giving you a rear wheel braking only car.

This allows the front wheels to maintain a higher rolling speed into the corner, which is what is responsible for the increased turn-in that comes with using a one-way (centre or front)..

Front one way is the same as centre one way, but with a centre one way you can "tune" the front diff action to control the increased turn-in.

So if you run a front one-way, then you would never run a center one-way too -- it seems it would really do nothing ?

Thx
Old 12-27-2008, 12:41 PM
Tech Regular

looking at getting some suspension mounts for my car...
not sure about the degrees tho.
what degree is best for just an all around play car?
thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.