Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default TA05MS

I have either raced XRAY or Serpent and I have been eyeing the TA05MS. Can anyone give me some feedback on the pro's & cons and just any other info on the car. It looks pretty good and alot of bling.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Turbonium
you can use these, but probably a bit pricier...

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=53870

there is another one that is longer that can be cut down for a last resort... but the application and part number escapes me. ill look around.
I was contemplating that, may have to be the go. Thanks for the input!
Old 05-18-2008, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Took my 05R to its first asphalt race yesterday. It was still set up for carpet, so I didn't expect anything from it. That was fine with me, since there were only 2 other people racing stock TC. Both of the other guys were using foams and brushless motors, I was sticking with my CS-27s and CO27. My first run was pretty hairy, I was skidding all over the place. Changed shock angle, took off the rear swaybar, and installed softer springs in the rear and that helped a lot. Did some more practice between rounds and decided to try the spool up front (had a ball diff). Car became much more driveable, stable on power and didn't want to spin-out. Lost a little turn in, but I got my confidence back when I was exiting the corners on throttle. Ended up being TQ, and one of the other guys dropped out because of breakage. It was me and one other kid, we were neck-and-neck the first 3 laps, then I started to gain some ground when he ran into the road-domes. I secured my lead when he lost a front wheel as he was turning into the front stretch. Cruised the rest of the time, though I must have still be going fast because I set a new track lap record. Can't say I was not proud for my first time on asphalt with a totally out of whack setup!
Old 05-19-2008, 02:18 AM
Tech Addict

Hi Guys, If I want to change to the short arms would I have to change to shorter drive shafts too.

I'm running 1A-1D blocks in the rear with 48mm drive shafts, do I have to get 46mm drive shafts ?
Old 05-19-2008, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andrew Barr
Try RC Mushroom
http://rc-mushroom.com/index.php?cPa...r_id=33&page=1

or RC Champ in Japan have to be the cheapest. Send them an email and they will get back to you with a price and postage. They don't do online sales, just fax them your details (they will send you an oder form via email). They are extremely polite, helpful and delivery is quick.

http://www.rc-champ.co.jp/Champ_Inte...onal_index.htm

The website is in Japanese but you can use a translater (through google) or fumble your way through like me.
RCmushroom is $140, so a little more expensive. RC champ is in japan so it means i have to pay for P+P, as my dad goes to hong kong sometimes he can go to rcmart and pick it up himself if i bribe him slightly (and maybe he can haggle a little )
Old 05-19-2008, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Skitee
Hi Guys, If I want to change to the short arms would I have to change to shorter drive shafts too.

I'm running 1A-1D blocks in the rear with 48mm drive shafts, do I have to get 46mm drive shafts ?
I have the IFS-R, which comes with the short reversible arms. The kit comes with 46mm swing shafts. The rear susmounts were 1XB and 1D.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:30 AM
Tech Master

anyone used 3racing outdrives?
http://rcmarket.com.hk/product_info....oducts_id=3527
and the motor mount?
http://rcmarket.com.hk/product_info....oducts_id=2463

how are the quality on these? Are they as good as the Tamiya ones?
Old 05-19-2008, 02:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Arrow

Originally Posted by redbones
anyone used 3racing outdrives?
http://rcmarket.com.hk/product_info....oducts_id=3527
and the motor mount?
http://rcmarket.com.hk/product_info....oducts_id=2463

how are the quality on these? Are they as good as the Tamiya ones?
I've used a few 3racing products and their quality is OK. However, I recommend Tamiya all the way. Tamiya parts are a little pricey but absolutely worth it. JMHO.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by martman_oc
I've used a few 3racing products and their quality is OK. However, I recommend Tamiya all the way. Tamiya parts are a little pricey but absolutely worth it. JMHO.
I will Co-Sign on the above post.. Tech Racing, Square and Tobee Craft are Japanese aftermarket companies. All higher quality than 3racing. Tech Racing is a personal fav...
Old 05-20-2008, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joe of loath
RCmushroom is $140, so a little more expensive. RC champ is in japan so it means i have to pay for P+P, as my dad goes to hong kong sometimes he can go to rcmart and pick it up himself if i bribe him slightly (and maybe he can haggle a little )
If your dad goes to HK, you can check Waigo Hobbies also. They are the actual Tamiya Distributor in HK. They are not on the same main street in Mong Kok as the others. They are about a block away.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by myan_gsr
I was contemplating that, may have to be the go. Thanks for the input!
Here is a cheaper alternative, go to your local tool supply shop and buy a package of drill blanks, it will probably run you $5 for a dozen or roundabout that much. This way you can cut them to exactly the right length. I have run these before, and they work great. they might even be a little more durable than the stock ones.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
If your dad goes to HK, you can check Waigo Hobbies also. They are the actual Tamiya Distributor in HK. They are not on the same main street in Mong Kok as the others. They are about a block away.
cool thanks, i'll tell him next time he goes!
Old 05-21-2008, 02:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default hingepins

for the person looking for hingepins look at lundsford(sp?) send them a message at there tech support they can cut you any size. I use a 50.5mm and trim down to the right size. They might be a tad pricey at 2.85+s&h per piece but they were custom cut to what I wanted.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Would there be much noticeable steering loss off-power with a spool up front?
Old 05-23-2008, 03:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey guy's I'm looking for a decent starting set up for a TaO5r. It will be for stock racing on ashpalt on a medium size track with decent traction, rubber tire also.

The car is bone stock. This is the wife's car. so I need a soft setup. as she is not an aggressive driver(well drive rc's anyway. real cars that a different story. hehehe)

also is there anything I should do the car. I heard throught the grapevine that there could be a problem with static electric with the chassis.

we have some tuning options as I run a 415 series car.

cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.